Contact us

Netherlands the worst act out of all

nikolay_BG

Banned
I am still sad :(
At least i sent an SMS for the Neterlands and Bulgaria gave some points to you guys, my SMS worthed something :)

asia

Belarussia better? Says who? Maybe they should invent a scorecard system for each country so they can grade a country, rather than give points.... Fairer, I would give holland 8 and belarussia 6 :p guess its too complicated though

Rubine

I am still sad :(
At least i sent an SMS for the Neterlands and Bulgaria gave some points to you guys, my SMS worthed something :)

Ofcourse that's worth something! Points from Bulgaria and Belgium!!

Thanks all for replies! Well have to let this go and hope for the best for 2012.

Rubine

I liked it, they were even my favourites. I was happy to see Nederland send a band that in my opinion represent the heart of dutch music. I was dissapinted though, that they decided to sing in english. I have a friend in Holland, and he's been feeding me dutch music for over 20 years, and I really like bands like Blof and De Dyk. 3JS reminded me of those bands, and represented something really genuine dutch for me. But, for a Norwegian audience who hasn't learned to love the dutch sound, it didn't do well in polls (we could not vote for Nederland, we were in semi 1, and fell on our face there), it's just to different from what people here normally listen to. It wasn't spectacular enough to stand out either. Even so, I think Nederland should be proud regardless, it was a million times better than Sieneke for sure.

That's nice you are familiar with some of our bands like De Dijk and Blof. There are a couple of more great dutch bands but they will never attent Eurovision. And I can't blame them, everyone fears the same fiasco as the 3j's.
It's my kinda music so much better then Sieneke indeed. But well most Dutch didn't like this entry either.

asia

@ rubine, I think many popular singers, bands in their own country avoid or are scared of competing in eurovision.... Lets look @ tatu 3rd, then dead after, blue this year 11th.... Dana a big fat raspberry lol, why would abyone enter this competition and face failure? Huge risk :(

FallenAngelII

It wasn't bad. It just was very forgettable. It wasn't an entry one could hate, but it wasn't an entry that many would remember after only one listening. Every year, there are songs that come in last not due to being terrible but because of being forgettable. In Eurovision, it's actually worse to be forgettable than to be terrible.

doctormalisimo

It wasn't bad. It just was very forgettable. It wasn't an entry one could hate, but it wasn't an entry that many would remember after only one listening. Every year, there are songs that come in last not due to being terrible but because of being forgettable. In Eurovision, it's actually worse to be forgettable than to be terrible.

Exactly. Outrageousness is a god thing on ESC. A lot of the Netherland's recent entries have been "safe" songs that no one remembers (except Sha-la-lie)

Hegepege

That's nice you are familiar with some of our bands like De Dijk and Blof. There are a couple of more great dutch bands but they will never attent Eurovision. And I can't blame them, everyone fears the same fiasco as the 3j's.
It's my kinda music so much better then Sieneke indeed. But well most Dutch didn't like this entry either.

It's the same here in Norway. The most popular bands that has an audience and fans, doesn't need to attend the "kitch-festival" ESC is. It's funny though, because the eastern countries tend to send their most popular, best selling artists to the Eurovision, while our established artists wouldn't be caught dead in front of the TV watching the show, and certainly not contributing. It has gotten a lot better after the "reform" with semi finals in Norway as well, but as long as the western countries doesn't put as much effort into winning as the easterns does, we'll get punished for it by not getting any votes.

AngryAnt

It's the same here in Norway. The most popular bands that has an audience and fans, doesn't need to attend the "kitch-festival" ESC is. It's funny though, because the eastern countries tend to send their most popular, best selling artists to the Eurovision, while our established artists wouldn't be caught dead in front of the TV watching the show, and certainly not contributing. It has gotten a lot better after the "reform" with semi finals in Norway as well, but as long as the western countries doesn't put as much effort into winning as the easterns does, we'll get punished for it by not getting any votes.

Think it also might have something to do with the fact that say 30 years ago it was an amateur event for the most part (from what i've been told. I wasn't around then i'll confess). So i think there might still be a little of that mentality in say the bands or the broadcasters.

Think that Blue will take a massive rep hit because of this and even more bands won't want to touch it unless they need to reignite their careers.

---

I LOVED The Netherlands song. It was the first eurovision song from this year that i bought on iTunes (and still is the only one). It was a great song and something that i'd personally listen to if it was on the radio (along with Iceland). They didn't deserve to come bottom, i think you were pretty much robbed.

Still... Heres hoping next year is better for both countries!

Wesley

I like the 3J's and I also liked this song.But imo it wasnt the best choice to send this one from the preelimanaries. Some other songs were more appealing to a International audience. This song was just to Dutch, in Holland we like it and that's it. Now we just need to find a decent International act for next year. I think Within Temptation, Wouter Hamel, Ilse de Lange, Waylon and Laura Jansen all have a great change of qualifying. Now we just need to convince them to participate and let them produce some smashing songs. Or maybe Armin van Buuren with a singer will be the best, i'm sure he will be in Top 10 ;)

FallenAngelII

Think that Blue will take a massive rep hit because of this and even more bands won't want to touch it unless they need to reignite their careers.
Yes, because, clearly, if you're boyband who just reunited after 10 years and cannot go on to immediately win the Eurovision Song Contest, you're ********************. Especially when you weren't exactly Backstreet Boys-level famous when you were at the height of your fame.

They looked like and sang like an aged boyband. And their song was typical boyband material. No wonder they didn't win. 11th is still the best they've done in years, 2009 notwithstanding.

Joyride

Netherland's song was one of my favourites and one of my Mum's too (she told me on the phone the next day). I was sad it didn't make it to the final! :(

Magizian

This was far from the worst entry this year. Unfortunately, I think the Netherlands sent a very anonymous act, that people quickly forgot. It was polished, it was nice, but forgettable.

Milos-BC

It certainly didn't deserve to end last, although I never liked it, since the very first moment I've heard it. I just thought that it's plain and forgettable and I was ignoring it, I felt it won't qualify, but it didn't deserve last place, and there were worse songs. Belarus for example. A change to English and a totally forgettable stage presentation is what wrecked them completely.

Top Bottom