Contact us

Netherlands the worst act out of all

Rubine

I'm shocked to hear the Netherlands, 3js-Never alone finished last. Not only in 2nd semi final. They got the lowest score of semi 1 and 2 combined: 13 points.

Ofcourse I'm blindsighted because it's my country. But I actually was happy with this entry. I liked the song. After seeing all the acts I could see that they were indeed not the best act up there. But I thought good enough to make the finals. After I learned they didn't get through I thought may'be 11th, 12th place
... but I could never predict they would end up last of all countries.

I'm so sad for the 3j's though.

Every year there is a discussion: it's the song, it's the act, it's the styling ...
I'm confused. I'm at the point now: it doesn't truly matter what we send, Netherlands will never qualify?

Did you all think the 3j's were the worst act up there?

Mark-ESC14

Definetely not. I don't know what it is. Although we won't withdraw next year, it seems hopeless. Maybe we should withdraw for a year, than at least I don't have to worry about anything...

And can you remember Anke asking Stefan which things don't go together? I think the real answer would be the Netherlands and the Eurovision Song Contest, unfortunately...

Last edited:

Synergise

This didn't deserve last place. Admittedly, I wasn't overly shocked when they didn't get through to the finals, but this was in no way the worst song this year, I would have thought 11th-15th in it's semi.

I think the main thing is that the song is a bit forgettable. It didn't really stand out very much.

Kryptonite

I agree. 3JS really didn't deserve last place.

"Never alone" was one of my favourite songs and it should qualify imo.

Misi

I actually agree with the result. The song was indifferent, the guy had greasy hair and he was sweating.
Also the back vocalists screaming like crazy. And they had enough time to fix that.

This just couldn't do well.

Adeline

I think that it was a fair result that they didn't get through. It didn't stand out and was too forgettable. They had certainly one of the better songs in the second semi, but the performance was bad and dull. It's not that you can always make it with a good artist and a good song; it needs much more than that.

But the worst? That really shocks me; I predicted a place between 11 and 16, but certainly not last. This is very unfair.

adnar

It was not the worst act of all. Eurovision becomes a comedy - good songs finish last, bad songs - go to the final. Half of finalists can't sing... this is just amazing. I wanted Netherlands to qualify because the song is very good and should be at least in top 20 of the whole contest.

I hope next year half of Europe would withdraw, to show disrespect for current ESC. I wish we could be back to real Eurovision, when 20-something countries participated and there was only a final...

LakZaNokte

this came out last cause u don't have "your block" to pump some points even if the song stinks. that's what happened. look at the scoreboards and scores of others that also stayed in semi but that are "in a block" and where (from whom) they got points.

it's not the song, it's the voting system

Tales

I agree they did not deserve last place, but!
It was not a very good song, and they also did not do a good performance which has alot to say.
Infact in my local guessing game on who would go to the final, i don't think a single person had Netherland as one of the 10 to move on.
I think you just gotto face that Netherland just have some weird music taste that noone else in europe have, and try again next year :)

Asiye

Definitely it's not! But second semi was really strong. I wished that place for Jedward but i knew that was impossible. They have so many lovers as many as haters. Ireland or Belarus deserved the last place in semi 2 FOR ME.

Grinch

They didn't deserve it. I liked that song and wanted them to be in the final.

This year there are a lot of shocking results, Netherlands is only one of them. Don't be upset.

Last edited:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Never Alone WAS my favourite this year so of course it didn't deserve to come last! The understated performance and the early draw killed off some of it's chances to qualify but it still didn't deserve last. But don't give up, it's quite easy when living in a country that does poorly to resort to using excuses like politics or bloc voting when the simple fact is that it's the song that matters now. Blow us all away next year, send what you do best - symphonic metal or trance! :mrgreen: Haha, but seriously, if you send a mindblowing entry you'll get very high scores.

Rusch

The song was not bad, but there was no special element, that made you remember it. But I also say, that they didn`t deserved the last place. There were some other songs, that were really dull.

94ayd

I actually agree with the result. The song was indifferent, the guy had greasy hair and he was sweating.
Also the back vocalists screaming like crazy. And they had enough time to fix that.

This just couldn't do well.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I had higher chances when it was chosen. Then, they changed it to English. When I saw the rehearsals I knew this wouldn't do well and when I watched the semi I was sure it'd end bottom 2.

Tristran

It definitely was not the worst in my opinion. the problem was I think that while no one really disliked to song, only very few people liked the song enough to prefer it above all the others in semi 2 when it was time to vote. I think indifference was what killed its chances for qualification. Compared to the Belgian song, many disliked that yes, but apparently it was original enough to attract some decent voting to get it into the top 10 of various countries.

asia

Sadly, holland was another unfourtune casualty of this years eurovision. You were certainly in my top 5 and certainly popular in the uk, my boyfriend is polish and liked the song too..... I think you failed, not because people didn't like your song, but rather you were not their favourite, and people rarely vote for their 2nd or 3rd favourite.... This years done, concentrate on next year and good luck....

Hegepege

I liked it, they were even my favourites. I was happy to see Nederland send a band that in my opinion represent the heart of dutch music. I was dissapinted though, that they decided to sing in english. I have a friend in Holland, and he's been feeding me dutch music for over 20 years, and I really like bands like Blof and De Dyk. 3JS reminded me of those bands, and represented something really genuine dutch for me. But, for a Norwegian audience who hasn't learned to love the dutch sound, it didn't do well in polls (we could not vote for Nederland, we were in semi 1, and fell on our face there), it's just to different from what people here normally listen to. It wasn't spectacular enough to stand out either. Even so, I think Nederland should be proud regardless, it was a million times better than Sieneke for sure.

Top Bottom