11 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Himan

Probably someone we don't know yet. xheat

Himan

So I've been thinking a bit. And I have seen Moldova doing well. I think we should send Snollebollekes. :D

Uto

Veteran
So I've been thinking a bit. And I have seen Moldova doing well. I think we should send Snollebollekes. :D
We shouldn't. We really, really shouldn't.

But we probably will.

Himan

We shouldn't. We really, really shouldn't.

But we probably will.
No we should, we really, really should.

But we probably won't.

Mainshow

Veteran
The Netherlands are already looking for songs:
“an entry with preferably a contemporary, but in any case authentic sound. A song that is able to survive in a competition. By a Dutch artist who can and wants to present a personal song in a distinctive way, in any genre, and if possible a personal story.”

I really love their criteria:
"authentic sound"
"able to survive in a competition"
"distinctive way"
"any genre"

:de: NDR!!!!! - See, that´s how you do it! - "being radio-friendly" and "inoffensive" ain´t working! TAKE NOTES!

Mainshow

Veteran
Joining the committee this year are DJ and music expert Carolien Borgers and Eurovision expert Hila Noorzai. Carolien and Hila replace Coen Swijnenberg and Joyce Hoedelmans who have been on the committee for the past three years. The remaining members of the committee remain unchanged, they are:

• Eric van Stade – Direct General of AVROTROS
  • Cornald Maas – Commentator and Eurovision expert
  • Jan Smit – Commentator and presenter
  • Sander Lantinga – Radio DJ
Director General of AVROTROS, Eric van Stade commented:

“That young talented artists have just as much chance of being selected as an established name is apparent from the artists who have performed on the largest music stage in Europe on behalf of the Netherlands in recent years. The committee really selects on the basis of the best and most suitable song and I am happy that Carolien and Hila are supporting us in this difficult choice.”

AVROTROS is currently looking for their entry for Eurovision 2023, they are asking for:

“an entry with preferably a contemporary, but in any case authentic sound. A song that is able to survive in a competition. By a Dutch artist who can and wants to present a personal song in a distinctive way, in any genre, and if possible a personal story.”

The rules that submissions must meet are:

• The song is convincingly distinctive and meets the above description
  • A maximum of three songs can be submitted
  • The song cannot have been commercially released before 1 September 2022
  • The song cannot exceed 3 minutes in length
To submit your song to the Dutch selection process email: [email protected]. The last day for songs to be submitted to AVROTROS is August 31.

RomanFromRussia

I loved the direction chosen with S10, it seems like dutch broadcaster goes like out of the box without any connections to charts or current music industry trends. Because, the "Eurovision format" doesn't exists as the way to success, but it exists as the framework for the choices that is kinda harmful for the ESC in a sense as the main music event.

Even though I liked De Diepte, I would prefer Adem Je In as the choice and I think this kind of risk could've been more bright in a sense of representation. I would love seeing Eefje de Visser as an option, but I'd be delighted to see someone new with something personal and intimate.

Stef In Rewind

Hey everyone! Now that the submissions have closed earlier this month I've got some artists I'd love to see at ESC! :)

Jet van der Steen:
Such a great young fresh pop artist. Love to see her perform a pop banger!

Puck:
Really unique pop artist. Kinda gives me Blanche vibes

Linde Schone:
Really one of a kind pop / R&B artist. Totally see her going to ESC, giving the dutch selection, aiming at diversity and uniqueness.

Froukje:
Love to see her at ESC, but don't expect her going, giving she is currently writing for a upcoming album :(

A-lister

Veteran
I loved the direction chosen with S10, it seems like dutch broadcaster goes like out of the box without any connections to charts or current music industry trends. Because, the "Eurovision format" doesn't exists as the way to success, but it exists as the framework for the choices that is kinda harmful for the ESC in a sense as the main music event.

Even though I liked De Diepte, I would prefer Adem Je In as the choice and I think this kind of risk could've been more bright in a sense of representation. I would love seeing Eefje de Visser as an option, but I'd be delighted to see someone new with something personal and intimate.

Agreed, I hope S10 was a new Netherlands we are seeing in Eurovision.

While I did like Duncan Lawrence and think he was a deserved winner, I can't say I've been impressed by most Dutch entries for the past decades (apart from some exceptions), so if from now on we will get more authentic Dutch music (not this attempts on American stuff over and over again), I'm happy.

heke1988

Mainshow

Veteran
I just read about her diagnosed breast cancer - I´m glad that it was diagnosed before it was able to spread.
She´s such a force - a strong woman and I´m sure she will overcome this horrible sickness.

Actually, I can lowkey see Floor reprsent the Netherlands at some point. Her solo material is quite "pop", she has covered "Euphoria" before and Sharon has been a fan of the contest as well (thus, I don´t think that Floor - despite being part of metal bands - wouldn´t think about representing her home country now and then).

Mainshow

Veteran
It somehow feels unreal that we already know 3 contestants.

I can't say anything about them since I've never heard of them but I'm torn regarding Duncan Laurence's involvement.

He's clearly a very talented singer (and won Eurovision) but honestly, I think that the quality of his music has significantly dropped after meeting and working with his fiancé.

Hopefully, this song won't be another "chilled" mid-tempo with 2 instruments max. and a lot of autotune and vocoder.

Mainshow

Veteran
So we can expect a song in English again??
It will probably be in English.

Duncan's fiancé is American (and co-wrote the song) and even though both artists were born in the Netherlands, they released songs in English and lived in the US and Australia.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Song is co-written by Duncan Laurence apparently.

Well thats not at all encouraging.

They look like a yassified Chanée & N'Evergreen from Denmark 2010.

Top Bottom