Ik zit diep en ik wil jou niet laten gaan
Nee, nee, nee, nee
Jou niet laten gaan

Hier in de diepte hoor ik steeds maar weer je naam
Oh mijn lief wat moet ik nou
Ik zit diep en ik wil jou niet laten gaan​

Last edited by a moderator:

QuirkyYodel

Does anyone know what this genre of music in particular is called? The guitars, the atmospheric chorus… give me a whole album of De Dieptes! xbow

Funix

First time I listened to Netherlands this year my reaction was rather meh. But after a couple of relistnings, because the song somehow was sticking to my head, I must admit: I'm in love with Netherlands this year, and I will not be surprised if this is the winner of Eurovision this year. A sad themed song for a sad year, but in the good way xheart

:12: points

DanielLuis

Look at the songs we already have for the first semi-final, especially the ones in the first half, where the Netherlands are placed. This is a surefire qualifier.

ZoboCamel

I love the verses here; they've got a great, intimate feeling to them, and a sense of quality I haven't really felt in many songs this year at all. The choruses, in comparison, lose a bit of that intimate feeling and kind of just plod along... but they're still probably a little above average in my book. And I wish the song would grow some more throughout, but again, that's not a complete dealbreaker. I think I'll give this an :8: for now and see whether it's a grower or a fader going forward.

P.S. I really don't see this struggling to qualify. Televote is hard to predict, but I doubt it'll be *too* terrible given the promising live performance, and regardless that shouldn't matter too much given that this feels like the SF1 jury winner out of the songs we have so far. It could very well lose out to one or two of the not-yet-revealed internal selections; but regardless I think this is safe enough off the back of jury votes alone. Of the 11 SF1 songs we know so far, I reckon this is one of only three "safe" – let's say, 80% chance or more – qualifiers, alongside Albania and Norway (plus Ukraine, if they're able to perform in May. Fingers crossed.)

popavapeur

I really like it, I think it's one of the best entries we have so far. I don't think it's winner material though but it could totally be higher than what most people expect. I don't rule out a top 3 spot for example.

Shadowfuxcs

This is a very positive surprise. When I learned they were sending something in Dutch I suspected they were just winging it but it's actually an ambitious effort. Well to be fair I got distracted the first time I tried to listen to it and couldn't remember anything about it but it picked up from the second listen.
The Dutch language can be very challenging to showcase properly and here it blends very well and gives a little mysteriousness to the song. Didn't need both the oohs and the lalalalas though. With good staging could be finish very high, probably they will leave it to mr Panckaces again so it's a lottery. The live performance was good, she needs to connect a little more to get televote, currently she seems to be a fan of the typical stone-cold Dutchface which doesn't help a lot.

hunty73

Fantastic entry from a fabulous artist.You just know she will be superb at ESC.I think it will be between this and Greece to win the jury in the semi,and whoever does will be the likely challenger to Ukraine and maybe Italy in the final.
This is the only real solid jury song so far,but Greece should also be there as well if potential is reached.

Top Bottom