We are the birth of a new age

Yu no man broko mi
Yu no man broko mi
Yu no man broko, broko mi
Mi na afu sensi​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
I really liked Grow, this however is completely uncompetitive and not wanting to be rude but kinda dislike that surinamise part of the song.. it's kinda cringy..

I dunno, I have yet to hear it but if people find it even worse than Grow (which I personally found utterly boring), then this must be a true disaster.

Mrm

Veteran
What the hell is the name of this song in the end? :lol:

rasmuslights

Veteran
it's not a bad entry, and I really enjoy the verses.. but dunno could be a lot better than this.. It will most likely finsih 26th or 25th (if people don't vote for Germany for joke).. :) like the choir tho they are always timeless..

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
So it's not as good as "Grow." I will start there. I think he has reached higher heights before.

But this is still...lovely. I was a bit skeptical after first verse and chorus but was totally into it by the second verse. The big selling point for me is Jeangu himself. You can tell this song clearly means something to him, and he communicates that very well through both voice and stage presence. I was leaning towards 8 but am actually going to go up to 10 upon further reflection.

nunaney

I didn't hear the live version but the studio version sounds fine to me. Not as bad as you guys were making it sound.

Jacco

I don't like that they keep repeating that sentence, but if we forget that this is a very nice original entry! :6: points for now.

rasmuslights

Veteran
ohh haven't listened to the studio, maybe it's a bit better.. and also i did not like the staging way to messy..

bstream

I like that Jeangu Macrooy's "Birth of a New Age" has soul, a lot of it. He brings his own personal touch to this song -- it's so unique to him, it tells his own story. One of those things that, if this song would ever be covered by someone else, that person would bring a whole perspective to it.

The Sranan Tongo creole (channeling both his and the language’s African roots) as sung by that backup vocal ensemble lifts the song just to the right place. This song is head and shoulders above so many selected so far, and should be among the contenders for a nice top 10 finish.

It's unique and personal, uplifting in a time of darkness and dispair, and it sticks with you minutes after the song ends. In its own way it provides hope that the bad times are truly coming to a swift end soon.

(edit to acknowledge the Sranan Tongo lyrics and still acknowledge the African sound and feel that flows through the song)

Last edited:

Miloutchi

Well this is a song I have no intention of listening to ever again...

I adored grow. It was a nice little song for reflection, for some peace and quiet.

This song is like a party but sadly one that I am not invited to.

aef

Truly awful. Like a bad interval act.
This describes it very well.

Can anyone explain this product to me? Somehow it's so off-putting, a song you can't connect with at all! Don't get me wrong, it's not because it's so different but I just don't feel the song. Is this trying to be world music-ish? And again another gospel influence! -.- :2: points from me. The song is just...there...

Fluke

I seem to be the only one here who likes this! I think this is really powerful, vigorous, uplifting and personal at once. The only problem i have is that the accompaniement is a bit droning, a more melodic bassline would have lifted the climax at the end, but a slight revamp is still possible. I think this can make top 15 at least!

BorisBubbles

Veteran
yeah i conversely heard the live, not the studio. The live takes precedence however, and it was a :5:.

Top Bottom