2 1.8%

9 7.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
The-Netherlands-scaled.jpg

Mimmon

Veteran
Someone send this to me saying that Jordan Roy is going to represent Netherlands in 2020. Also he mentioned that insider told him.They are planning to announce publicly next week.

Anyway here is video of Jordan Roy in the voice

Loindici

Veteran

Miloutchi

These are just rumors. The title of the article makes it seem like it is already sure that he will represent the Netherlands, but in the article it is stated that it is a rumor. Last year they also said that the Netherlands would send a dance act (also news from ‘reliable’ sources), and we all know how that turned out lol. I will have to wait till the actual announcement before I believe anything.

Mimmon

Veteran
These are just rumors. The title of the article makes it seem like it is already sure that he will represent the Netherlands, but in the article it is stated that it is a rumor. Last year they also said that the Netherlands would send a dance act (also news from ‘reliable’ sources), and we all know how that turned out lol. I will have to wait till the actual announcement before I believe anything.
Yeah I won't be surprised if this comes out false....

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
It's weird how so many folks in the media though have taken it as a fact. But I trust the Netherlands to make the right call, they have the track record for it.

Reinventor

So rumor has it Jeangu Macrooy will be representing The Netherlands in Rotterdam. Not with this song, but I had to look him up. Quite like his music, although I never heard of him before (but then again, I never heard of Duncan Laurence either)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
sigh, new rumours about the Dutch participant have surfaced yet again, so before you all succumb to the Hype!! Sensationalism!!! Excitement!!! of yet another blue ball non-event, may I ask for your ATTENTION

tumblr_inline_ptwj0y98Hf1uj0mew_400.gif

Because I happen to know the Dutch participant is Jack. Jack who? JACK FUCKING SQUAT, that's who. I have no fucking idea who the Dutch rep is, and neither do you.

Earlier this week De Telegraaf has launched these Jordan Roy rumours from a, and I quote, "Credible Source". Now, two more newspapers, Algemeen Dagblad and Het Parool have put Jeangu Maccroy forward as the Dutch rep, citing "Very Credible Resources".

A quick Google search and I instantly (instantly!) found a Dutch fan website claiming that Jeangu Macrooy has an open schedule right at the time of the contest. It doesn't take two to figure out where these "Very Credible" rumours came from.

Which is when I started to ask myself: What do we really know about any of this? And the honest answer is 'nothing'.

We do not know, nor have any way of checking whether any of this gossip has any base to it. All we know, or so we think, is that the artist's name starts with a "J", or do we?

Do we know for certain the artist's name starts with a J? Perhaps Timur Perlin just asked his buddy Sander Lantinga (who is on the commitee that decide the rep) who it was, and Sander replied "Jan-Peter Balkenende" or "Jeroen Krabbé" in jest, rendering the "hint" a sick insider joke.

Even if we assume the hint was genuine we can't possible deduce who it is based on the letter. There are hundreds of thousands of people in the Netherlands whose first name starts with a J. You can add hundreds of thousands more to that list if we include surnames and nicknames as well. Famke Jansen!! Lil Kleine!! Jebroer!! All valid if you squint.

Hell, at this rate, I could claim that Jan Smit would be the First Ever Person to both host AND participate in the same contest. Is this a viable rumour? No. But it would fit the theoretical bill and is just crazy enough to become :gasp: NEWS. It only takes one scoop-starved reportercunt to make idle guesses spread like wildfire, fucking over those searching for valid facts.

At the moment we have two different newspapers claiming to have "very credible information" about the Dutch representative, pointing to two very different artists. At least one of those "high reliable sources" either flat out doesn't know the rep, or lies. Or they may not exist at all and this is just shameless clickbait. #Illuminati

The editor group has sort of bounced around the rumours to check their vality, but we quickly realized there's no base whatsoever to them. I won't cover them, and I don't think anyone else will either, but another news site might. If you see such an article, ignore it completely. They know as much as we do.

Which is nothing at all.

Reinventor

sigh, new rumours about the Dutch participant have surfaced yet again, so before you all succumb to the Hype!! Sensationalism!!! Excitement!!! of yet another blue ball non-event, may I ask for your ATTENTION

tumblr_inline_ptwj0y98Hf1uj0mew_400.gif

Because I happen to know the Dutch participant is Jack. Jack who? JACK FUCKING SQUAT, that's who. I have no fucking idea who the Dutch rep is, and neither do you.

Earlier this week De Telegraaf has launched these Jordan Roy rumours from a, and I quote, "Credible Source". Now, two more newspapers, Algemeen Dagblad and Het Parool have put Jeangu Maccroy forward as the Dutch rep, citing "Very Credible Resources".

A quick Google search and I instantly (instantly!) found a Dutch fan website claiming that Jeangu Macrooy has an open schedule right at the time of the contest. It doesn't take two to figure out where these "Very Credible" rumours came from.

Which is when I started to ask myself: What do we really know about any of this? And the honest answer is 'nothing'.

We do not know, nor have any way of checking whether any of this gossip has any base to it. All we know, or so we think, is that the artist's name starts with a "J", or do we?

Do we know for certain the artist's name starts with a J? Perhaps Timur Perlin just asked his buddy Sander Lantinga (who is on the commitee that decide the rep) who it was, and Sander replied "Jan-Peter Balkenende" or "Jeroen Krabbé" in jest, rendering the "hint" a sick insider joke.

Even if we assume the hint was genuine we can't possible deduce who it is based on the letter. There are hundreds of thousands of people in the Netherlands whose first name starts with a J. You can add hundreds of thousands more to that list if we include surnames and nicknames as well. Famke Jansen!! Lil Kleine!! Jebroer!! All valid if you squint.

Hell, at this rate, I could claim that Jan Smit would be the First Ever Person to both host AND participate in the same contest. Is this a viable rumour? No. But it would fit the theoretical bill and is just crazy enough to become :gasp: NEWS. It only takes one scoop-starved reportercunt to make idle guesses spread like wildfire, fucking over those searching for valid facts.

At the moment we have two different newspapers claiming to have "very credible information" about the Dutch representative, pointing to two very different artists. At least one of those "high reliable sources" either flat out doesn't know the rep, or lies. Or they may not exist at all and this is just shameless clickbait. #Illuminati

The editor group has sort of bounced around the rumours to check their vality, but we quickly realized there's no base whatsoever to them. I won't cover them, and I don't think anyone else will either, but another news site might. If you see such an article, ignore it completely. They know as much as we do.

Which is nothing at all.

Well to be fair, they're not even allowed to confirm, even if it was the case. So a denial means absolutely nothing. AD, Telegraaf and NOS are reporting Jeangu Macrooy right now, and it seems to fit the line the Dutch have been taken over the years. Whether it's true or not, we'll just have to wait.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I'm not saying they can't be right. It probably is either Jordan Roy or Jeangu Macrooy (and I hope it's the latter actually!)

But we won't know who until AVROTROS make it official. Be very sceptical if three websites report it very quickly. They might just be copy each other's news without checking the deets.

Reinventor

I'm not saying they can't be right. It probably is either Jordan Roy or Jeangu Macrooy (and I hope it's the latter actually!)

But we won't know who until AVROTROS make it official. Be very sceptical if three websites report it very quickly. They might just be copy each other's news without checking the deets.

Oh I know, and Telegraaf and AD mean nothing really. But I was surprised it's also on NOS Teletekst (between quotation marks though). I'd be happy with Jeangu though.

Miloutchi

De Televaag. :sick:

I’d be happy with Jeangu too. Jordan Roy is a big NO for me. I was surprised that NOS picked it up too. Maybe they pick up on Eurovision ‘news’ now that it is in the Netherlands.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
For the record, journalists taking over news without double checking facts is actually more common than you may think.

A Flemish satireshow actually proved this a few years ago by planting two easily refutable fake news 'articles' (in this case: "Julius Caesar's speech about the Belgians being the "Bravest of all Gauls" was in fact about the Flemings, not the Belgians" and "Lib-Dem voters have the most sex"), which the media picked up on immediately without even checking twice.

I'm linking the vid here: It's in Flemish, but this is the Dutch thread and you don't need Flemish to understand how easy it was to trick journalists into reporting drivel disguisted as fact:

So yeah, babes, stay sceptical. :-)

Miloutchi

Well I wasn’t surprised that they take over news. That is standard practice nowadays. Funny video btw! I was surprised that NOS thought this was news. The news basically is that there is a rumor brought to life by Het AD lol. Eurovision is/was is not popular enough for that to be big news. Last years they just had like 2 sentences to announce the artist and now they even report it when rumors are going around. Typically Dutch behavior though lol. Shouldn’t have surprised me.

Also, I’m a Dutchie living in Belgium. I am used to the Flemish by now haha. :whistle: It is not hard to understand. Unless they go full on West-Vlaams. But fortunately I have heard that I am not the only one.:giggle:

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
I love NED 2020. NED is serving lgbt realness 2 years in a row.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Some of Jeangu's recent work. I am digging his voice, with the right song, we may be a good option. His upbeat songs are superior in my view and suit his voice. I'm not crazy about the old-school soul but his sound is obviously a bit more approachable to the average ear. Something like Shake up This Place would be great, just with a slightly more memorable melody.

Top Bottom