2 1.8%

9 7.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
The-Netherlands-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
I see The UK, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden jury placing this as no1 in the final..

ESC94

A very nice entry from :nl:!! The atmosphere is really tense and he sings with a lot of emotions. What I don´t like is that the end of the song is pretty abrupty and feels like coming out of nowhere.

Because of the end and since I felt a bit more while listening to :ch: I give this song still pretty good :8:.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-His vocals are pretty good.
-I like how this song progresses.
-I also appreciate the song's message.

THE BAD:
-I hate to have to say this again, but the beginning was a bit boring.

THE VERDICT:
For an entry that follows the winning song of "Arcade", this song is very good. It's also got heart and the vocals to match. I don't have much else to say, really. 8 points

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Am I the only who thinks it would be perfect for a commercial ?
I love his voice and this type of music in general, but I have problems with the structure of the song : it starts really slow, and when you finally reach the climax and it ends too abruptly. It's hard to get into it, even if I really want to.
I guess it's a :6:

Mrm

Veteran
That live performance is MESMERIZING! xbow

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

Uto

Veteran
That live performance is MESMERIZING! xbow
Yeah it does have a power that one doesn't notice on the radio edit. Abrupt ending is the main problem here, that feels worse live.

ag89

It is a fantastic entry, definitely one of the best this year, but I guess tastes are different. :D

Mainshow

Veteran
The 2nd part od the live performance was beautiful, touching and incredible.
Unfortunately, the studio version isn't that greatly-executed and on the Eurovision stage, he would be allowed to be accompanied by an orchestra, a band and or a choir.
I seriously think that it will fall flat on stage in May :(

crashworld

Veteran
He sounds amazing 'live'. I can see this getting jury love too. But the ending is really abrupt. It's like it's building up and then it ended. I can see this doing respectably well. Let's hope it doesn't suffer the fate of the usual host country's entry bomb. Upgrading this to a 6.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I want to like it, but I don't like it. Pitty.. I liked very much cesar Sampsons gospel. This one just isn't for me. 5 pts even though don't like it. Hopefully he will get top 10-15.

Laka

12 from me. This could be the most captivating entry since Salvador, but I do agree about that something needs to be done with the ending, which is odd and leaves the audience wondering if that's it. This is easily resolved with a tiny adjustment and hopefully they will be sensitive to the reaction this is getting and make that adjustment.

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Remembrance

This one 'grows' on me. Quite soulful, and it's a quality entry from the Dutch again.

Good luck, Netherlands :)

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

mauve

Veteran
This is a strange entry. You TRY to like it even though you know that this is impossible. Either you or you don't. I belong to the second category. The song isn't bad or anything, just doesn't do anything for me. :(

Chrisiam

Thats a damn good spot. Maybe my prediction about them doing well will hold true?

Well, that, or they'll crash and burn, or do averagely. Basically at this point anything happening which makes my prediction moot but still I'll find a way to make out I was right gosh darn it.

Uto

Veteran
Thats a damn good spot. Maybe my prediction about them doing well will hold true?

Well, that, or they'll crash and burn, or do averagely. Basically at this point anything happening which makes my prediction moot but still I'll find a way to make out I was right gosh darn it.
I think you are correct.

Top Bottom