9 7.9%

2 1.8%

9 7.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
The-Netherlands-scaled.jpg

Realest

No, instant Appeal, no universal Appeal, no memorable Melody, no powerful Chorus, no explosive Final.
1 Point for participating.

Alaska49

eh.

to be entirely fair, i don't think this is a lazy host effort. netherlands had a concept, went with it, it sounds earnest and moderately ambitious. but by the gods, this is not for me at all. whatsoever.

4 points.

Franzilein

He's a big big boy in a big big world.

I don't feel it at all, and feeling something is the most crucial thing with these type of songs. Beautiful lyrics, but what a snoozefest of a melody.

Loindici

Veteran
It's totally a narrative work. I can't really judge it well enough without seeing its stage potential.

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz

Vektor

With the right staging and live performance this will be in the Jury Top5. It can even win the Jury vote.

cassio

My first though oh no another ballad, but then I noticed how little the accompaging music takes up the space. Realising this is all about his voice made me move away from my PC so the video wouldn't destract me. I now have to find a place in my top 5 but who have to go. The problem with this song is that it might take people more than one listen to like it (and if you don't like it the first time, then why should you listen to it again). The Netherlands 10 points

Sammy

Veteran
VERY pleasant to listen to. This creates a very intimate atmosphere. Of course you need patience and give the song time.

Nemo89

The song from the Netherlands is sung in a very soft and profound way by Jeangu Macrooy. However, to witness the first slight peak of emotion, it is necessary to reach 2 minutes of listening to reach the peak around 2 minutes and 45 seconds (always light). Overall, the song reminded me of James Morrison (an artist I love very much) but without that peak of emotions that the English artist can give. James Morrison impresses on our heart the emotions it sings. The Netherlands brought a good song to the ESC so as not to disfigure and to pass the torch to the next winner. In my "Top 10"? Maybe. I have to think about it.

Uto

Veteran
The song from the Netherlands is sung in a very soft and profound way by Jeangu Macrooy. However, to witness the first slight peak of emotion, it is necessary to reach 2 minutes of listening to reach the peak around 2 minutes and 45 seconds (always light). Overall, the song reminded me of James Morrison (an artist I love very much) but without that peak of emotions that the English artist can give. James Morrison impresses on our heart the emotions it sings. The Netherlands brought a good song to the ESC so as not to disfigure and to pass the torch to the next winner. In my "Top 10"? Maybe. I have to think about it.
This basically is also my opinion, except that I don't rate it nearly as highly. It's a fine song if you don't want to win, because this is hopeless, but it comes across as pretty classy and with Dutch staging being generally tasty this should offer a very nice resting point during the show.

Nemo89

This basically is also my opinion, except that I don't rate it nearly as highly. It's a fine song if you don't want to win, because this is hopeless, but it comes across as pretty classy and with Dutch staging being generally tasty this should offer a very nice resting point during the show.
We have the same thought. Your song is elegant and will allow you to make a good impression but will not win 100%. The position in the ultimate ranking? From eighth to sixteenth place.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
lmfao i've listened to it serveral times now and it's already GROWN on me.

It's endearingly intelligent AND realest hates it? Upgrading from a :6: to a :10: =-) (and a :12: if/when this Song beats every single Realest Fave in the Jury Vote ^_^)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I'm happy you agree we can coexist as frenemies, Realest. :sneaky:

Mrm

Veteran
No, instant Appeal, no universal Appeal, no memorable Melody, no powerful Chorus, no explosive Final.
All the reasons for my 12 and for possible no1..

marty

Beautiful song but not sure if Eurovision is the right place for it. I give 5 points.

sigi

great song ...gives me Benjamin Clementine vibes! 10/12

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
+1 for having a nice voice (duncan dead in a ditch)
+1 for having a song that i can listen to more than once (duncan dead in a ditch)
+1 for not being super ultra overhyped and bringing the THIS IS REAL MUSIC THIS IS FEELING people to this world where we don't want them (duncan dead in a ditch)
+1 for being south american (duncan dead in a ditch)

yeah for now :4: is fine. i can see it growing on me depending on the staging like CATS did (duncan dead in a ditch) but as for the song alone, i can't see myself giving it more than 5 right now

by the way duncan dead in a ditch

Top Bottom