• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
The-Netherlands-scaled.jpg

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
:at: 2015 is an awful robbery imo
Interesting choice for NL, I'm waiting for the song but I hope he'll break the curse

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Himan

Like I said before. We're in it to win it. I don't think it will happen, but who knows.

JSSArcos

I just heard High On You, and I didn't like it ... but I still have a lot of expectations for the Netherlands

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I conclude my Country Spotlight Series with an extra large diatribe on The Netherlands :-) (in which I completely ignore Jeangu because I wrote this last week and I'm too lazy to edit in a paragraph whoop)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Hmm unsure about this choice, there is potential for me to like the entry but also a lot of it for me to hate it. :unsure: i doubt they're gonna fight to win, for a respectable place, sure but countries don't usually try to win 2 in a row anymore considering the expenses that comes with hosting. ;) is he known in The Netherlands or lives there? Seems kind of odd that the home entry has been imported.

Reinventor

Hmm unsure about this choice, there is potential for me to like the entry but also a lot of it for me to hate it. :unsure: i doubt they're gonna fight to win, for a respectable place, sure but countries don't usually try to win 2 in a row anymore considering the expenses that comes with hosting. ;) is he known in The Netherlands or lives there? Seems kind of odd that the home entry has been imported.

He's somewhat known here, he had performed several times in one of our top talkshows, he played the part of Judas in one of the biggest TV spectacles of the year (The Passion, right before Easter). He lives in The Netherlands, and let's not forget Surinam was one of the Dutch colonies, and there's a large Surinam population living in The Netherlands as well.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
He's somewhat known here, he had performed several times in one of our top talkshows, he played the part of Judas in one of the biggest TV spectacles of the year (The Passion, right before Easter). He lives in The Netherlands, and let's not forget Surinam was one of the Dutch colonies, and there's a large Surinam population living in The Netherlands as well.

Yeah I know Suriname was a colony once. So not a totally out there random import then. I did wonder to what level of relevance he had to The Netherlands, but it seems it's not such a random choice as I first thought he might be. I hope the song he has will be good. :D I really wasn't a fan of any of your recent entries, including Duncan although he was probably the best of the lot. So I hope I can support your home entry this time.

macmillanandwife

I listened to a few of his songs and I must say that it's an interesting choice from the Netherlands! I hope his song is good and he includes Surinamese influences. It's been a very long time since we heard Afro-Caribbean influenced songs in Eurovision.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This is the first time since Douwe Bob I've got a decent feeling that the artist chosen for The Netherlands could likely provide a song I can get on board with. The most promising internal choice of this year up until now. Something like Shake Up This Place would be great.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Hmmm, I actually have a really good feeling about this one! I've been asking :nl: to go down this kind of route for YEARS now, and I'm excited to see them do it.

Loindici

Veteran
tenor.gif

Uto

Veteran
Doesn't really help that he's not famous at all in The Netherlands. I have no idea what to expect, but based on recent history it should be at least a half-decent entry.

Mrm

Veteran
I'm almost sure The Netherlands will be VERY HIGH on my 2020 list!

Top Bottom