• World Song Contest

6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Re: Name of Contest

I hate the whole -vision idea. Why not let it join the -SC family?

At first all screaming that the contest must have something unique, but as soon as we were talking about the unique all against it. Rule of regions - all against (who wanted to unique), not -SC - all against it. I don't understand it

It could be you know... Original? There is like atleast 472847428429 WORLD VISION WORLD SONG CONTEST WORLD THIS WORLD THAT
We must come up with something that fits and makes sense, rather than the original. I'm staying at ForumVision. After all, we are now in the forum, so it's logical.

Everything is much to criticize, why not offer your options?

AdelAdel

At first all screaming that the contest must have something unique, but as soon as we were talking about the unique all against it. Rule of regions - all against (who wanted to unique), not -SC - all against it. I don't understand it

And what does the NAME have to do anything with the rules?

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

And what does the NAME have to do anything with the rules?

but -SC its copy of FSC and NSC
without -SC will be originally for this forum

But why you against Regions' rule? Its unique imo

AdelAdel

but -SC its copy of FSC and NSC
without -SC will be originally for this forum

But why you against Regions' rule? Its unique imo

I don't feel like searching for an artist from one particular region of the country.

Mozz

How about my suggestion that I made last week in the other thread:

Countries Contract Contest

or

Country Contract Contest

CCC.

You keep "Contest", but lose "Song". And CCC sounds nice and original an easy to recognize. I like it xheart.

No Name

Forumvision sounds very misleading and confusing imo. Assuming the *insert name of contest here* will be a youtube-based contest it will have visionary element, but it shouldn't be the dominant force of this contest. This is a song-contest so imo it'd be much more logical to go with another -SC ending. Not terribly unique, but who the hell cares about the uniqueness of the name anyway, as long as it works? WSC seems to be the best name by far.

Plus, we already have a Forum Song Contest, but since you and some others didn't see the importance of creating a contest with a unique and refreshing set of rules rather than ripping off FSC I guess stealing part of their name doesn't really matter to you guys either. :rolleyes:

seb89

I like the WSC tbh :D.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

Plus, we already have a Forum Song Contest, but since you and some others didn't see the importance of creating a contest with a unique and refreshing set of rules rather than ripping off FSC I guess stealing part of their name doesn't really matter to you guys either. :rolleyes:

What I have learned so far, the only thing for you "unique" - is language. But thank poll, this option was dropped. When we offer a real difference from FSC and NSC - the introduction of regions and canceling the limit of the jury - you are against. Paradox.

I do not see anything wrong with ForumVision or WorldVision, can add small letters "Song Contest" to identify the contest but do not do them main

Mozz

why Contract? :mrgreen:

Added

I think the choice of "Contract" in my suggested name is clear and logical, because each player signs a contract, that he will be in the jury of a particular country/regoin for 6 / 8 / 12 months, right??

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

I think the choice of "Contract" in my suggested name is clear and logical, because each player signs a contract, that he will be in the jury of a particular country/regoin for 6 / 8 / 12 months, right??

And if we have the regions, the name will not fit. but has the right to be

No Name

What I have learned so far, the only thing for you "unique" - is language. But thank poll, this option was dropped. When we offer a real difference from FSC and NSC - the introduction of regions and canceling the limit of the jury - you are against. Paradox.

1) About the regions I just don't think it'd ever work out. It's a nice initiative and I applaud you for thinking outside the box, but the idea seems way too complex. It'll be such a gray area to put artists into regions and it'll take tremendous work for the host checking up on every artist whether they're actually from that region or not. It's already challenging enough to identify certain artist's/groups' nationality so it'll take more thorough investigations than in FSC where occasionally artists are disqualified due to not even fitting into one certain nationality.

2) I was never against the limit number of jurors in each jury. As long as I'd get to be alone in my jury I don't mind. :?
I was against the limitless number of juries if that's what you're referring to, simply because it's biting over more than anyone can ever chew - in other words, it's way too demanding for any host out there to organize a contest with - at maximum - roughly 200 juries participating (if the contest ever get that popular of course). You'll probably figure that out yourself though. :p

Making a contest that is original and distinguishable from NSC and FSC is great, but it should be done within what a contest is capable of providing. It's about offering a realistic and durable difference that'd actually make sense.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

1) About the regions I just don't think it'd ever work out. It's a nice initiative and I applaud you for thinking outside the box, but the idea seems way too complex. It'll be such a gray area to put artists into regions and it'll take tremendous work for the host checking up on every artist whether they're actually from that region or not. It's already challenging enough to identify certain artist's/groups' nationality so it'll take more thorough investigations than in FSC where occasionally artists are disqualified due to not even fitting into one certain nationality.

2) I was never against the limit number of jurors in each jury. As long as I'd get to be alone in my jury I don't mind. :?
I was against the limitless number of juries if that's what you're referring to, simply because it's biting over more than anyone can ever chew - in other words, it's way too demanding for any host out there to organize a contest with - at maximum - roughly 200 juries participating (if the contest ever get that popular of course). You'll probably figure that out yourself though. :p

But if the regions' rule will not be introduced, we will have a limit of one person on the jury, which is a huge limit and go separate ways with the principles of the game, imo

Mozz

I think we just have to see what the first few editions of the new game will bring us. Things are never perfect in the beginning. We will learn on-the-fly.

LakZaNokte

I think we just have to see what the first few editions of the new game will bring us. Things are never perfect in the beginning. We will learn on-the-fly.
I agree. nobody says we have to have everything sorted out perfectly from the start. we are all interested in making the game better and I'm sure this multi-cultural/international brainstorming will have some effect :mrgreen:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

I'll say let's call it

Supercontestfragilisticexpiadilocious

Even though the sound of it
Is something quite atrocious
If you say it loud enough
You'll always sound precocious

Supercontestfragilisticexpiadilocious

LakZaNokte

how about we first think of shorter version (fsc, nsc - don't know the english word for those :lol:) and then make the title work? xbow

SOIL - songs on international...level xrofl2

Top Bottom