Contact us

my ideal United Kingdom entries (2011-2019)

Hello again. This time I am back with my ideal United Kingdom entries for Eurovision Song Contest from 2011 to 2019. This list is made based on the rule of song release date, which should be after 1 September of the year prior to the desired contest.
You can see it here. Why Google Drive? because Youtube sucks. 100% copyright claim, worldwide block.
What do you think about my choices? Agree? Disagree? Do not hesitate to let me know.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I literally had an idea to write an article like this for the main site yesterday and you've done this. Are you in my head? :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
We have enough hits for each year as to not repeat singers but if these had been our entries over the past decade our record would look VERY different. Sweden would be shaking.

We have enough hits for each year as to not repeat singers but if these had been our entries over the past decade our record would look VERY different. Sweden would be shaking.

I actually want to put Little Mix or Coldplay, but their songs are not Eurovision-friendly in terms of release date.

I literally had an idea to write an article like this for the main site yesterday and you've done this. Are you in my head? :lol:

You can still make that article, maybe you have different choice of songs, still sticking to the release date rule. songs that are longer than three minutes are OK, because song length can be tweaked but release dates can't.

LastDreamer

Banned
I'm not sure that Adele will win on Eurovision.

Of course she will get the highest scores from Ireland, Benelux, German language countries and Northern Europe, but there are a lot European countries with a different culture and music preferences. Eastern Europe, ex-Soviet and ex-Yugoslavia countries, Greece and Cyprus will vote for their neighbours instead Adele.

I'm not sure that Adele will win on Eurovision.

Of course she will get the highest scores from Ireland, Benelux, German language countries and Nordic countries, but there are a lot European countries with a different culture and music preference. Eastern Europe, ex-Soviet and ex-Yugoslavia countries, Greece and Cyprus will vote for their neighbours instead Adele.

win? a bit unlikely, but it would be a definite top 10 finisher.

LastDreamer

Banned
win? a bit unlikely, but it would be a definite top 10 finisher.
It will be a huge flop for her.

Top 10 is not very hard target, each country (even "hated by almost every modern ESC fan" :uk: ) can get this result with nobody. You don't need a popular act for top 10 result.

I live in Russia and don't know why but my country almost always want to win or at least get top 3 result. That's why we didn't have national pre-selection in last 7 years and usually sent huge superstars (of course they are very far from Adele popularity, but very popular in all ex-Soviet countries) Bilan, Lazarev, Gagarina, Tatu, Mumii Troll and Pugacheva \ Kirkorov in their glory days.

Something like 6th-7th place counts like failure result here.

It will be a huge flop for her.

Top 10 is not very hard target, each country (even "hated by almost every modern ESC fan" :uk: ) can get this result with nobody. You don't need a popular act for top 10 result.

I live in Russia and don't know why but my country almost always want to win or at least get top 3 result. That's why we didn't have national pre-selection in last 7 years and usually sent huge superstars (of course they are very far from Adele popularity, but very popular in all ex-Soviet countries) Bilan, Lazarev, Gagarina, Tatu, Mumii Troll and Pugacheva \ Kirkorov in their glory days.

Something like 6th-7th place counts like failure result here.

but I am talking about the UK. the UK hasn't been in the left side of the scoreboard for a long time, so I hope by sending big artists with decent new songs the UK will get better results.

LastDreamer

Banned
Possibly it's all about wrong songs choices in pre-selections.

Holly Brewer - Wish I Loved You More (Maybe it's my blind opinion as the fan of her song, but she really could bring wanted top 10 for UK).

Holly Tandy - Bigger Than Us

MyHeartIsYours

Of the national final entries since 2004:

2004 James Fox "Hold On To Our Love"
2005 Katie Price "Not Just Anybody"
2006 Daz Sampson "Teenage Life"
2007 Scooch "Flying The Flag (For You)"
2008 Rob McVeigh "I Owe It All To You"
2009 Jade Ewen "It's My Time"
2010 Josh Dubovie "That Sounds Good To Me"
2016 Joe and Jake "You're Not Alone"
2017 Holly Brewer "I Wish I Loved You More"