Contact us

Mutliple juries

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Should mutliple juries (2 and more members per country) be allowed?

First discuss, after make a poll and vote

Amir

Veteran
Yes, I don't see any disadvantage as long as both jury members agree on the cooperation.
With this more people are given the chance to join the contest (if we keep the maximum of 32 players)

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member
I agree! As long as it's mutually agreed, I don't see an issue with multiple jurors per jury in order to keep the contest to a maximum of 32 juries :mrgreen:

DaFlo

Banned
If both jurors were regular members then I agree.

Otherwise you could just invite your friend and make them skip the waiting list (and then withdraw so your friend gets your spot) which is unfair towards other members that want to join.

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member

Otherwise you could just invite your friend and make them skip the waiting list (and then withdraw so your friend gets your spot) which is unfair towards other members that want to join.
I agree, I don't know if it would work but perhaps there could be a minimum number of editions that a co-jury has to take part together for? I realise that would still mean people kinda cutting the WL but at least they'd still have to co-operate to stay in the contest, rather than just having a region handed across to them

Grinch

That would be extremely shady! I LOVE IT 😌

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I agree co-juries should be allowed, I don't personally have plans for one but it should be free to go. 1 way to get around the whole cutting the queue thing is by making co-juries a certain length and if 1 of the jurors leaves in that time the other does also automatically. People will always try to find a loopholes, as you know full well from being a WV mod.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Also the whole letting people skip and the original dropping out is a thing that could happen, it took place in NSC twice that I know of and literally fuck all was done about it. Nallanot/Ic-sa-calli & Aimulli we look at you. But realistically the vast majority wouldn't even do that, and as the moderators it would be your job to take action against people doing that with bans or whatever. I don't think a total blanket ban of co-juries is necessary.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I agree co-juries should be allowed, I don't personally have plans for one but it should be free to go. 1 way to get around the whole cutting the queue thing is by making co-juries a certain length and if 1 of the jurors leaves in that time the other does also automatically. People will always try to find a loopholes, as you know full well from being a WV mod.
I agree, co-jurors should act as one, move together, leave contest together, vote together. So it will make sense. Using that as way to skip WL should not be allowed

JSSArcos

I agree co-juries should be allowed also !! This may allow you to keep the 32 countries, but more people are in the contest

Amir

Veteran
I agree on all what is said above, except for one thing:
If a jury gets the chance to keep their country for another 5 editions but only one of the jurors wants to switch, then the other one shouldn't be forced to leave as well. He should be free to keep the country, while the other one enters the WL, takes a free country or joins another jury

But as Ashley said, as far as I know the participants here I highly doubt that there would be any "misuse" of co-jurying

Uto

Veteran
I think juries consisting of more than one person are wonky and unnecessary. If people want to do it it's fine, but all rights should be held by the original contestant and the original contestant alone.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm personally not a fan of juries consisting of more than one person, it's one of the things that annoys me in NSC, where people invite their friends and they basically bypass the waiting list, even being the de facto sole juror after a while. With the current rules of mandatory switching etc. it would be messy to keep track of who needs to leave and when, when to disband the co-jury etc.

DaFlo

Banned
Even if you are forced to cooperate for 5 editions it is still a loophole to skip the waiting list, just that that loophole takes 5 editions longer. And then when that period is over it will become messy, for example if both jurors want to stay and go to seperate countries etc. This will get confusing and frustrating.

There are two cases we have to look at

Regular x Regular co jury
This is totally fine, it should be allowed. No one will lose their spot, instead we will look at it as if one of the regular members takes a "break", so for the time the co jury exists someone from the waiting list can send an entry as well.

Regular x non regular co jury
This is the problematic one. I think Uto made a very good point, all the rights should be held by the original contestant. Therefore the only solution I see is that the non regular member will have to stay in the co jury with the regular member for their entire time in the contest. If the regular member leaves/switches/break whatever, then the non regular one has to as well. If two members truly care about co jurying then this rule shouldn't be a problem.

B3stbeats

I agree that. Will be this applied after the 5th edition?

Sultana

imo, it will add more participants and diversity to the contest, which without it will be a complete exclusive (the list of the countries is not that huge lets be honest)

Top Bottom