Contact us

MUSICAL COLLABORATIONS BETWEEN ASIAN COUNTRIES

hawadharma

I want to dedicate this thread to any musical performance, either live or recorded, in which two or more Asian countries actually collaborated.

Since it is way too early before Our Sound commences, I hope watching these collaborations can give us an overview of how Our Sound should look like.

p/s: Let's make this thread will be both entertaining and informative.. because it's Our Sound :D

hawadharma

Let me start.

6 rock bands from 5 South East Asian countries (Malaysia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore) collaborated under the project known as E.A.R (East Asian Revolution) to perform a rock song in an MTV.

They are:

1. Pop Shuvit (Malaysia)
2. Slapshock (Philippines)
3. Saint Loco (Indonesia)
4. Ahli Fiqir (SIngapore)
5. Thaitanium (Thailand)
6. Silksounds (Thailand).

The song is titled 'Marabahaya' meaning 'Danger Ahead', originally composed and performed in Malay language by Pop Shuvit from Malaysia. It is a unique song, a fusion of orchestral music, hip hop and hard rock.

The original lyrics in Malay carry the theme of fighting spirit in racing car drivers, since it was composed as the original soundtrack for an action packed movie 'Impak Maksima', Malaysian version of 'Fast and Furious'.

In the collaboration version, the song is sung in 4 different languages (Thai, Indonesian, Tagalog, Malay) and the music arrangement is slightly changed to give a more powerful mood.

Now, presenting you with 'MARABAHAYA' by E.A.R.. enjoy!!

[youtube:39mkl8v2]BqaCfJNdfuA[/youtube:39mkl8v2]

hawadharma

Singapore Idol, Hady Mirza making a duet with Malaysian Idol, Jaclyn Victor.

Originally, this song is sang by Jaclyn Victor and Indonesian singer, Rio Febrian.

Title of song: CERITERA CINTA (Story of Love)
Language: MALAY

Nice duet, nice ballad!! :D :D :D

[youtube:1txneayy]bjoRNh870zE[/youtube:1txneayy]

hawadharma

ASIAN IDOL is a competition held in 2007, between established singers from all over Asia.
They are chosen from respective national finals of Idols in their own country, vying for the title of ASIAN IDOL.

Here is a clip from one of the ensemble performances. :)

[youtube:18hnv782]rFByGr0orqY[/youtube:18hnv782]

In the clip: Abhijeet Sawant (India), Mau (Philippines), Jaclyn (Malaysia), Phuong Vy (Vietnam), Hady (Singapore) and Mike (Indonesia).

hawadharma

Matt said:
Oh, I like this thread. Will listen to them all. I love that kind of music.

Thanks Matt for stopping by! It's an honour.. :D

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
hawadharma said:
Let me start.

6 rock bands from 5 South East Asian countries (Malaysia, Phillipines, Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore) collaborated under the project known as E.A.R (East Asian Revolution) to perform a rock song in an MTV.

They are:

1. Pop Shuvit (Malaysia)
2. Slapshock (Philippines)
3. Saint Loco (Indonesia)
4. Ahli Fiqir (SIngapore)
5. Thaitanium (Thailand)
6. Silksounds (Thailand).

The song is titled 'Marabahaya' meaning 'Danger Ahead', originally composed and performed in Malay language by Pop Shuvit from Malaysia. It is a unique song, a fusion of orchestral music, hip hop and hard rock.

The original lyrics in Malay carry the theme of fighting spirit in racing car drivers, since it was composed as the original soundtrack for an action packed movie 'Impak Maksima', Malaysian version of 'Fast and Furious'.

In the collaboration version, the song is sung in 4 different languages (Thai, Indonesian, Tagalog, Malay) and the music arrangement is slightly changed to give a more powerful mood.

Now, presenting you with 'MARABAHAYA' by E.A.R.. enjoy!!

[youtube:davpfibc]BqaCfJNdfuA[/youtube:davpfibc]

Yaponesia entered this to NSC :mrgreen: Fantastic song :D

takeru

Oooh, awesome!!!

I already knew about Marabahaya :D Seriously amazing song, one of my favourites! xmusic Thank you so much for posting lyrics (in the other thread) xgoddess I actually entered that song in October to our online contest here (NSC) :p You should join if you have time hawadharma! It would be great to see some Malaysian music there :D (though we have a Waiting List atm xD)

Hmm, what can I add to the thread xthink
Well, something I discovered recently is that there is an annual Asia Song Festival hosted in South Korea :D Even Ruslana the ESC winner was there last year xD

[center:s81i1yd7]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_song_festival

[youtube:s81i1yd7]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NkXGZTiVAUc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NkXGZTiVAUc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube:s81i1yd7]
The advert for some of the 2009 artists[/center:s81i1yd7]

hawadharma

takeru said:
Oooh, awesome!!!

I already knew about Marabahaya :D Seriously amazing song, one of my favourites! xmusic Thank you so much for posting lyrics (in the other thread) xgoddess I actually entered that song in October to our online contest here (NSC) :p You should join if you have time hawadharma! It would be great to see some Malaysian music there :D (though we have a Waiting List atm xD)

Hmm, what can I add to the thread xthink
Well, something I discovered recently is that there is an annual Asia Song Festival hosted in South Korea :D Even Ruslana the ESC winner was there last year xD

[center:10jr21n9]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_song_festival

[youtube:10jr21n9]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NkXGZTiVAUc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NkXGZTiVAUc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/youtube:10jr21n9]
The advert for some of the 2009 artists[/center:10jr21n9]

WOW!! How did the song do?? What position? :D

takeru

Weeeelll, it managed to qualify from 9th place in the semi-final, which was great! :D
But then it finished 25th in the final xD 4th last :oops: But I was happy enough that it managed to get to the final :p And it's actually one of my most successful entries recently anyway :lol:

I'm currently doing an Asian-nations themed series of entries in that contest :D After Marabahaya I sent songs from Hong Kong, India, Cambodia, Bangladesh and Vietnam, but I haven't had too much success :lol: I never really have so much success in that contest anyway though :p

hawadharma

takeru said:
Weeeelll, it managed to qualify from 9th place in the semi-final, which was great! :D
But then it finished 25th in the final xD 4th last :oops: But I was happy enough that it managed to get to the final :p And it's actually one of my most successful entries recently anyway :lol:

I'm currently doing an Asian-nations themed series of entries in that contest :D After Marabahaya I sent songs from Hong Kong, India, Cambodia, Bangladesh and Vietnam, but I haven't had too much success :lol: I never really have so much success in that contest anyway though :p

That's great!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maybe you should try another malaysian song.. who knows it's your luck again :D

12Points

Well, if you want a BIG musical collaboration between asian countries, i think this is the one:

|
|
|
|
V

:mrgreen:

Top Bottom