Contact us

Music conquers my loneliness

foldpaw

As for today. I'm spending the whole boring weekend days listening to EUROVISION music. How about you what music helps you conquer your boredom/loneliness?

cilantrocrash

As for today. I'm spending the whole boring weekend days listening to EUROVISION music. How about you what music helps you conquer your boredom/loneliness?
I used on listening to some calm/romantic music because I feel comfortable when listening to it. :)

mauve

Veteran

In the moments when I feel being consumed by lonliness, I mostly listen to Hard Rock ballads. It brings me back to my youth and gives me calmness. :)

foldpaw

In the moments when I feel being consumed by lonliness, I mostly listen to Hard Rock ballads. It brings me back to my youth and gives me calmness. :)
Exactly! Music can act as a mood regulator, thus enhancing the person who feels alone. ... it helps adolescents to regulate and express their feelings and emotions while serving as a means for the elderly to express their emotions and reduce their loneliness and I recently found this article https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02791072.2020.1836435 that helps me realize better about it.

mauve

Veteran
Exactly! Music can act as a mood regulator, thus enhancing the person who feels alone. ... it helps adolescents to regulate and express their feelings and emotions while serving as a means for the elderly to express their emotions and reduce their loneliness and I recently found this article https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02791072.2020.1836435 that helps me realize better about it.

In my youth for example, I hated going to school. So I listened to a lot of Hard Rock/Heavy Metal. This way my frustration was regulated and I felt emotionally more balanced. When I felt/feel lonely though, I am listening rather to melancholic music like ballads or smooth songs that reminds you of better times. And in most cases it works. And yes, in this covid times, people feel more lonlier than usual, but not only the youth, also the elder people feel lost. It's not easy to cope with that.

foldpaw

In my youth for example, I hated going to school. So I listened to a lot of Hard Rock/Heavy Metal. This way my frustration was regulated and I felt emotionally more balanced. When I felt/feel lonely though, I am listening rather to melancholic music like ballads or smooth songs that reminds you of better times. And in most cases it works. And yes, in this covid times, people feel more lonlier than usual, but not only the youth, also the elder people feel lost. It's not easy to cope with that.
You are absolutely right.
We are not yet done with covid-19 and here it goes the new covid-19 variant. Seems like an endless virus...

Mainshow

Veteran
I strangely never feel bored or lonely but IF I have time I like to re-discover albums as a whole body of work (instead of just listening to a few tracks) - especially concept albums are my cup of tea (e.g. Kamelot, Epica).

I sometimes go back to my "My favourite 122 songs by Britney Spears" or "290 Eurovision entries" playlists, though :D

FelineVisions

So strange but I find EUROVISION music so weird. Please don't take any offense, Is it your only taste in music?

Mainshow

Veteran
Being on a Eurovision forum whilst not loving Eurovision music is kinda strange and ironic, though.

I actually enjoy listening to a lot of Eurovision music in my free time. There are plenty of songs to choose from, different genres and languages. It's no "more or less" weird than other types of music.

It depends on my mood, though (since Eurovision is so diverse and rather mixed). - Most of the time I'm in the mood of listening to either pop or metal (or score music). Thus, I'd go for other artists instead but still, Eurovision is always a lovely alternative.

Top Bottom