Contact us

Most recently watched TV series

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
haunting-2.jpg

The Haunting Of Hill House - I just got done with this ten episode series and I haven’t had a good ugly cry at something in quite a while. It was tragic and beautiful, and so raw. Meticulously cast. The actor who played the older Hugh in particular struck a chord with me. The show was so much more than a ghost story. The characters were deep and fascinating, and you cared for each one of them as they faced what haunted them from their childhoods.

The creator of the series, Mike Flanagan, is man behind the upcoming The Shining sequel, Doctor Sleep. My hype is now through the roof, cause what he did with this Shirley Jackson novel here over the course of ten episodes, it is nothing short of astonishing. I’m so shaken by what I’ve just experienced. So, so good. Twin Peaks has a rival for my favourite series ever. It was that special.

The video I’ve put in a spoiler below (because big spoilers obviously) is I think the single most powerful scene and emotional payoff for following a show through from start to end I have ever experienced. This will stay with me forever.

Ezio

Veteran
After Game of Thrones I needed a new fix. I got it with Queer Eye.

I binge watched the four seasons entirely within a week and I am in love with the series. I cried my eyes out many times, because I related to many aspects of personality of the made-over guys there. These fabulous five gay men give me life and like them, many of us including me have been through hell several times. It makes sense now and I am grateful to live at a time, when gays get normalized and humanized and appreciated.

I just started with Carbon Altered, and I think I am gonna like it too.

MyHeartIsYours

Series I have watched
Series I am watching

From my favourite:
Poldark (Series 5) - brilliant as always, but this is the last series! xcry
Catch-22 (Series 1) - fantastic series, a great surprise because I saw the trailer and wasn't sure if I'd like it.
Who Do You Think You Are? (Series 16) - very interesting and I love doing my family tree!
Outlander (Series 3) - got back into this even though I missed Series 2 lol!

Beecham House (Series 1) - great actors, setting and visuals.
Gentleman Jack (Series 1) - good story and production.
University Challenge (Series 48) - always watch this haha.
Celebrity Gogglebox (Series 1)

tomos2019

Some good programmes in there, I've seen every episode of the current version of Poldark, I watch Who Do You Think You Are occasionally and I prefer Celebrity Gogglebox to the regular one.

MyHeartIsYours

Some good programmes in there, I've seen every episode of the current version of Poldark, I watch Who Do You Think You Are occasionally and I prefer Celebrity Gogglebox to the regular one.
I missed Series 2 of Poldark at the time but I have it on DVD now lol so I think when it finishes I will try and watch all the series together haha.

I also much prefer Celebrity Gogglebox, I never really got into the ordinary version. Rylan's mum is great :lol:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Outlander (Series 3) - got back into this even though I missed Series 2 lol!

If you want some spoilers,

From my favourite:
Poldark (Series 5) - brilliant as always, but this is the last series! xcry

Oh my, it's ending already? I just finished season 1, it's really lovely so far :(

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
294eb313-a860-4854-a68d-1c3c42d63e34-medium16x9_stranger3.PNG

Just finished Stranger Things Season 3, which was super awesome and quite tragic. If you liked the first two seasons, you're up for more adventure, with the gang all grown up and having early teenage years problems. Without spoiling much, it's all about the 80s baby. I'm nostalgic for the 1980s pop culture even though I was not even born yet. :lol:

MyHeartIsYours

If you want some spoilers,
Thanks for the background! I did actually see the first episode or so of the second series and I didn't really get into it, obviously I'm not the only one then haha. So I stopped watching it, but when Series 3 came on tv again I thought oh I'll have another look and so far really enjoying it! Next episode is on tonight :D

Oh my, it's ending already? I just finished season 1, it's really lovely so far :(
Yes xcry Although we do still have over half of the series to go! It's great, it can be cheesy lol but I love it... Poldark on a Sunday evening with a glass of Baileys, perfect! :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
41KXWjYTzaL.jpg

I'm sure i've posted about this before, but i have to again.

oh. my. god. That season 3 Finale. It's only one of the best pieces of tv I've ever seen so tense and gripping. It had me on the edge of my seat for a full hour and It was that tense I was shaking from nerves in hope what they planned would work. You know when you watch something and then it sits on your mind for ages after, that was this final episode. Game of Thrones who? This absolutely trounces it imo. If you haven't watched any of it, or thinking of doing so, then do it. It's masterful work I tell you, and in such a dystopian world that feels very very real. If any of you have watched season 3 and the final episode and want to discuss then message me, I'm dying to talk about it with someone. :lol:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
rC7S4xa.jpg

I am re-watching on dvd my favourite sci fi series of all time: Babylon 5. I have re-
watched 2 seasons of this, in my eyes, unique tv-series so far & have 3 still to go.

I love sci fi in general & have enjoyed many great sci fi series over the years (incl.
Farscape , Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (new) to mention a few), but none have en-
deared itself to me as much as Babylon 5. It was made in the mid-90s with 1.gen
CGI which was great at the time but looks very dated now , but what it lacks in eff
ects it more than makes up in unforgettable characters & a great 5 year story arc

Babylon 5 may not be for everyone (is a bit more theatrical in style than the more
modern, darker realism-based sci fi series) but for me it is magic , I simply love it!

xheart

Teaisloveable

Money Heist (La Casa De Papel)

13MH-1300x731.jpeg

Currently bingeing my way through it, it's really great!

Watching it on Netflix, the English overdubbing took a while to get used to. I learnt you can watch the original Spanish version with subtitles which I find gives a more 'realistic' viewing experience

AlekS

Veteran
Mindhunter.

5KzNs2J.jpg

So ready to watch the whole season (9 eps, 1 hour each) xheya
A team of FBI criminal profilers explores sick minds of serial killers & rapists in order to prevent a string of current crimes and to add all of this to scientific research.
The series is based on real life events so every serial killer exists in real life (and looks/acts very similar/has the same name), the crimes are VERY accurate, they even published an excerpt from the original FBI tape & recreated certain evidence which has never been published.
Needless to say one of the lead actors has a super hot butt charisma and what a way to start the 1st season xheat He's gay and he played alongside another fave of mine Russell Tovey in the "Looking" series.
The actor who played 1 prominent serial killer deserves all awards in the world for being unbearably charismatic genius:

Not to mention that you will understand detectives in general, their work and personal life. From safety issues (the cat "visitor" kept me tense, still dunno if it was a cat :eek:) to love life and family drama. The murders aren't depicted on video but it will be very uncomfortable to watch (and hear) a few times, especially knowing that this happened for real and this is original tape or a pic.
The 2nd season. Atlanta, here we come. It seems the charismatic killer dude will be back to help.

Real-life Atlanta case was reopened this year so hopefully the new methods will bring long-awaited answers.

JSSArcos

MV5BMTU4NzA4MDEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQxODYzNjM@._V1_.jpg

Oh well what can I say, I'm in the 5th episode (and started watching the show yesterday) ... This is a surprisingly catchy yet heart touching way, as if we had moved on to the role of the characters in the series. ... I've never been a fan of horror movies / series .. But after I read the comments from Kai and Olga here on the forum, it went straight to my list ... This is not only a horror series but the return of a family drama, exploring each character to the promenor (their fears / plots It is the way they appear in the present ).
It's right at the end of episode 4, I start to cry a little (the first time I cried watching a series to be honest)

Thanks to @RainyWoods and [MENTION=15499]Ausesken[/MENTION] (without your comments I would never think to see this series) xheart33

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Star-Trek-50-Years-of-Trek-Logo-and.jpg

After too many references in the Big Bang Theory, I got curious about it :lol: So far so good, it's like Doctor Who but without the Doctor.

MyHeartIsYours

Poldark finished last week xcry The last series was probably my least favourite overall (I thought it was a bit rushed and jumpy, apparently it is the most different from the books and also it finishes in 1802 when the books run until 1820), but Poldark has been one of my television series ever so I'm going to miss it!

However a new period drama has started, Sanditon, to help me with the post-Poldark blues :lol: It is adapted from Jane Austin's unfinished novel and I really enjoyed the first episode! Also Theo James and Leo Suter are in it!

tomos2019

I am a bit of a Trekkie, I definitely prefer Star Trek and Doctor Who to Star Wars but I've long since given up trying to watch every episode of any of them and I haven't really got round to watching the reboot films. The Next Generation and Voyager definitely bring back memories for me though!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I've just finished watching a new French horror series called Marianne. Holy gosh, it was immensely good. The show had me gasping from near enough the start to its finish. It was genuinely shocking. The horror scenes were done to perfection. If you like creepy seaside town mysteries then give it a watch.

JSSArcos

I've just finished watching a new French horror series called Marianne. Holy gosh, it was immensely good. The show had me gasping from near enough the start to its finish. It was genuinely shocking. The horror scenes were done to perfection. If you like creepy seaside town mysteries then give it a watch.

Watching this 2 weeks ago too, great series

Top Bottom