Contact us

Most recently watched TV series

Magizian

Broadchurch_TV_Series-909016734-large.jpg

A fantastic tv-show.

Magizian

Omg I should see this as soon as posible. I've seen tons of images from it :lol: xlove

Well, there are only 8 episodes in season 1, so you should check them out. I watched all the episodes yesterday and today :lol:

If you liked Forbrydelsen, then you will LOVE this show :D

MyHeartIsYours

In 2018-2019:

Victoria (Series 3 - have watched S01, S02, S03)
Les Misérables
Most Haunted (Series' 24, 23 and 22 - have watched S16, S17, S18, S19, S20, S21, S22, S23, S24)
Call the Midwife (Series' 8 and 7 - have watched S04, S05, S06, S07, S08)
Vanity Fair
Emmerdale
Poldark (Series 4 - have watched S01, S03, S04)
McMafia (Series 1 - have watched S01)

Chorizo

MV5BNTEyYmIzMDUtNWMwNC00Y2Q1LWIyZTgtMGY1YzUxOTAwYTAwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIyMTc0ODQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

tomos2019

I did recently finish rewatching Kamen Rider Gaim because I went through a phase of watching without subtitles back then. I've actually been into Tokusatsu since at least 2006 and I'm very knowledgeable about it!

Actually if soap operas count I watch Pobol Y Cwm, the rest I'm just normally in the room and catch the odd bit!

AlekS

Veteran
zz11Y24.jpg

I didn't want to watch it at first. Like, for heck's sake ... it's like trying to impress an Eskimo with snow.
I've already known all the historical facts in this series. But I was overwhelmed/left speechless/broken/hit & run over by delivery :eek:
You live "through" the plot beginning with the 1st second and ending with the last one. And you feel. As much as you can handle.

I'm happy that they used Ukrainian locations and production company for special effects. As well as info sources.
Everything is true & accurate except the helicopter didn't fall into reactor and it didn't happen because of radiation. Also modern plastic ugly-ass balconies hadn't existed back then)) Legasov didn't arrive there on a helicopter but on a car, according to his own words. The miners weren't naked.
"Scuba divers" didn't wear masks and they didn't receive any reward, the water wasn't so deep, nobody applauded them ("it was an ordinary work") and they didn't drink vodka ("I was sober"), according to one of those 3 men - the creators took their material from a Soviet newspaper :?

It's like watching a horror movie but knowing that this happened for real. Real life is much more infernal & scary than any movies.
It's about preventing a planetary disaster in real life. Not being destroyed by f-en aliens and saved by superheroes :rolleyes: People created that disaster with their own hands and they were saved by 600 000+ heroes and 3828 real-life superheroes with lots of them sacrificing their own lives so we could live.

My most fave moment is when you realize how it can affect you. Ordinary pre-Chernobyl people knew absolutely nothing, how extreme doses of radiation affect health and natural environment. It's not lifeless text in the books, it's right in front of you:

It brought me flashbacks. I've seen the real-life footage of those firemen when I was a kid. They were skinless and screaming from pain. It was the moment when I've learnt that life can be horrendous.
My class went to museum to see Chernobyl effects on health. It started with stupid & immature jokes about radiation from other kids... but after seeing mutated human fetuses, 6-legged cow, absolutely deformed baby animals, cancer in its full "glory" everybody went silent. I began hating the system which did that. Lies. That total neglect of human and other forms' lives. Everyone who grew up in the Soviet system (+the 90's) experienced that attitude on themselves. This TV series slightly hints at modern Russia and countries which want to escape from that Soviet tomb. Because things haven't changed in certain areas, esp in the military. "Don't ask, don't tell" crap hasn't disappeared. Just like eternal selfishness and fear of the "emperor". Even today Russian media tried to defend that system and slam this TV series and its creator because the truth hurts. Because those Gorbatchov's words in the 5th episode were gospel truth :mrgreen:
Scientists & Legasov weren't afraid to go against that system :cool:

Certain Chernobyl managers would sacrificed millions (!) of people to please the government, and save their butts after the epic fail. And there were people who sacrificed their lives & health in order to save these millions, like those "scuba divers" & liquidators. There was an abyss between people & government. That episode with coal miners (exactly their attitude, lol) shows it well.

The 4th episode. You become a murderer against your will and there's a parallel with another Soviet disaster - Afghanistan (also hinting at modern war with Ukraine). But nowadays there are so many rare animals that Chernobyl became a nature reserve :p and their population increases very fast. Nature couldn't be defeated after all.

This series deserve all the record-breaking critical and viewers acclaim. Easily the best TV series of all time for me.
Epic special effects, epic adaptation and actors (not a single flow).

ps. https://imgs.xkcd.com/blag/radiation.png
(from blue to yellow).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Absolutely agree with everything you've said. I haven't quite finished watching it but it's an amazing mini series. I dont know all the same stuff you do from history books so for me it was shocking watching their complete state of denial about it, the fact they cut the telephone lines into Pripyat to keep all the people quiet. The scene where the fireman picks up a piece of graphite and then moments later his hand is burning/melting or whatever. I thought it was absolutely fantastic.

AlekS

Veteran
^ They shot / had a footage of May 1 demonstration in Kyiv but it was chopped out of the series.

Yes. The government allowed/forced thousands of people to be present at the f-en demonstration!
There are not so many pics from that year (for obvious reasons) but here's the one from 1977 so you could see the amount of people:

Thankfully the wind blew in the opposite direction but authorities hadn't known it back then so they (the order was given by Gorbatchov) willfully exposed so many people to radiation. But thanks to the weather they didn't receive a big dose. It perfectly portarays the government's attitude against human lives.
Even propaganda couldn't stop the rumours (really ridiculous rumours due to complete lack of info) and thousands of people escaped from Kyiv. The railroad station and bus stations were busy as hell, there was a panic. I saw the docu footage - it was surreal.

AlekS

Veteran
BqGcbT5.jpg

I like how the 2nd season started, it's so gonna be more juicy and fierce than the previous one.
My fave moment is when Elektra was confronted by Pray Tell. Basically the whole moral dilemma of the modern Ukraine.
Personally I would took Pray's side immediately.
The only thing that didn't convince me was the Angel's situation...

JSSArcos

I'm not a big fan of post-apocalyptic series :? but the rain, exceeded my expectations, this is very captivating and creates a really good story, I recommend it to everyone

The_Rain.png

I'm really looking forward to getting "Chernobyl", but now only after the end of my exams :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
fw24qt.jpg

A british mini series. I'm not sure if this available abroad, but It's on Kodi for the Amazon firestick, so if you have that then you can watch it. Basically it is a futuristic Dystopian tv show, that starts in 2019 and ends in 2029 (although the final scene is around 2035). There is some significant time jumping in it, but all round I thought it was great. It was scary not in the sense of it being frightening, but for how real it felt and it seems like a real possibility. Basically the entire world goes to shit. Without spoiling it too much for you heres the basic run down of how it starts, It starts with Russia taking over ukraine (through invasion or coup I can't remember) and rigging a referendum where 97% of Ukrainians vote to join Russia, immediately after the 3% are tortured along with many in the LGBTQ community resulting in thousands of refugees to flee west many ending up in the UK - where one of the main characters comes in. Trump is re-elected to a 2nd term, Technology is costing people their jobs, Populist revolution spring up across Europe and in the UK our very own populist nutjob (I believe is modelled on Farage) is making waves, the episode ends with Trump nuking an island in the south China sea that China has colonised in his final days in office and it all escalates from there. I wont spoil it anymore in case any of you choose to watch, but you can see from that how wild things go. It's entertaining but also very believable, If you can, you should watch it because an awful lot happens. It focuses on the UK but there is a lot going on abroad that is talked about.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
^ Woah this sounds interesting. From your description and the fact that is was made by Russell T Davies, former Doctor Who producer who basically resurrected the show back in 2005, I'm looking forward to this show, if I can find it xheat (bless Kodi)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
^ Woah this sounds interesting. From your description and the fact that is was made by Russell T Davies, former Doctor Who producer who basically resurrected the show back in 2005, I'm looking forward to this show, if I can find it xheat (bless Kodi)

Yes I think you'd be one to enjoy it. Especially as a Russell T Davies product. It feels like it's been left a bit open for a 2nd series, but according to him, it was only a 1 off and there wont be a series 2. You can see the quality of his work.

DaFlo

Banned
10 episodes on Amazon Prime. A cop kills someone he shouldn't have killed and it's all going downhill.

If you wanna treat your eyes, don't mind slow pacing and have good nerves then I recommend:

Dark, brutal, disturbing

Beautifully shot

xrgR8sV.png

Episode 6 a masterpiece.​

Top Bottom