Contact us

MOROCCO 2012 - Not taking part

GRE

Sad about Morocco...i was expecting them to participate in Baku.
Who knows,if Angunn wins,then maybe next year Morocco will return,as well as Monaco.

A-lister

Veteran
Sad about Morocco...i was expecting them to participate in Baku.
Who knows,if Angunn wins,then maybe next year Morocco will return,as well as Monaco.

What does Morocco have to do with Angunn? You mean because of the French connection?

I can't say I'm sad nor surprised. I know it's not popular to say, but I still believe Eurovision should be kept within the European continent, and this is not a diss to the other countries, that's just my point of view.

However, if Moroccan artists wants to try for a European country, they are off course welcome to try their luck.

Charly

Ah Sara Moatamid, 19 Yr 5 Languages

:D

Miss Finland 2012 is also Moroccan :p Sara Chafak, She speaks 5 Languages and even cooks Tajine in her time

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Asiavision already exists ))) but it was not a succes. Tell me if Im wrong ;)

It actually never really happened.

But this forum is not about the discussion who should or should not participate. Every country is welcome to join as long as it qualifies based on the rules set by the EBU. Criticizing countries for its eligibility is against our rules on this board.

A-lister

Veteran
It actually never really happened.

But this forum is not about the discussion who should or should not participate. Every country is welcome to join as long as it qualifies based on the rules set by the EBU. Criticizing countries for its eligibility is against our rules on this board.

But is it really against the rules to discuss the current EBU rules then? Just wondering...

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
But is it really against the rules to discuss the current EBU rules then? Just wondering...

No, the exception is the country rule (who should/should not participate). All countries that are active members of the EBU can participate and that will not change. Questioning this founding rule only creates division and negativity.

A-lister

Veteran
No, the exception is the country rule (who should/should not participate). All countries that are active members of the EBU can participate and that will not change. Questioning this founding rule only creates division and negativity.

Well I guess then questioning any current rule could be made in the "future" thread instead, makes sense to me. As for division and negativity, I dunno, people are free to have their opinions I guess, as long as they argue for it in civilized and respectful manners :)

Top Bottom