Contact us

MOROCCO 2012 - Not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
morocco_flag_a43005cf8965c98f078f74f7bd0fd2b8_736.gif

Charly

Re: MOROCCO 2012

As the 2nd broadcaster 2M still waiting for EBU to accept their application SNRT does not want to participate.

2M is interested in the contest though but it is upto the EBU to decide.

GRE

i hope and i believe that Moroco will return in the contest next year.If of course does not have any problem with Israel.

Quent91

I don't think they'll come if :il: is there. 1980 was the only year without :il: and they were bring to fill the spot let empty by :il:

Charly

I don't think they'll come if :il: is there. 1980 was the only year without :il: and they were bring to fill the spot let empty by :il:

Actually they would come with Israel, tbh we have quite a lot Israelis in Morocco and we do not mind :)

Sabiondo

If Morroco back, them Turkey will loss its great advantage over other countries in diaspora - Will be the final to the Turkish golden era in ESC.

Also there will be a televoting battle between Armenians+Turks+Morrocons in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, also with the Romanians in Spain & Italy, and finally will get always the 12 points from Malta also.

Itsn't exaiting :D..???

Adeline

If Morocco will enter the contest next year, then I guess the top three from The Netherlands will every year automatically exist of Morocco, Turkey and Armenia. ^^

Sabiondo

Same for :fr:...

Also in Spain & Italy with the Romanians.. i already explained everything :D

And this new bloc voting will be prejudice for Turkey, because no longer get 12 points from the sames countries who votings for hers always ;)

DanielLuis

There are also a lot of Morrocans in Portugal.
Here in terms of diaspora it would become a Morroco-Moldova-Ukraine-Russia-Romania battle.

Charly

We probably give points to UK, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Turkey, Denmark & Norway :) or possibly Sweden.

Sabiondo

Yesterday we saw few Morrocan Fans on the Semi... mayber is a sign that Morroco will back to ESC soon..??? ))

And them Turkey it will had more will complicate even more the ESC scene :twisted:

Sabiondo

Yesterday we saw few Morrocan Fans on the Semi... mayber is a sign that Morroco will back to ESC soon..??? )) :mrgreen:xcheers

A-lister

Veteran

No, Eurovision doesn't need another non-European country and doesn't need another country relying heavily on diaspora voting imo.

Atleast Europe should come full circle before inviting any other non-European country (which means Lichtenstein and Kazakhstan need to make their debuts first so that all actual geographical European countries have entered atleast once).

Sabiondo

No, Eurovision doesn't need another non-European country and doesn't need another country relying heavily on diaspora voting imo.

Atleast Europe should come full circle before inviting any other non-European country (which means Lichtenstein and Kazakhstan need to make their debuts first so that all actual geographical European countries have entered atleast once).

That will be hypocrital and no sence reazon to reject hers...¡¡¡

A-lister

Veteran

That will be hypocrital and no sence reazon to reject hers...¡¡¡

Ehm? How come? I'm one of those thinking Eurovision is already big enough and that it should stay European (geographically).

It has nothing to do with Morocco, so it's not against the country itself. My answer would be the same for USA, Australia, China or whatever non-geographical European country.

Top Bottom