The air is what they need
The air is what they breathe
They'll die without it
It's unforgivable

Breathe​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mimmon

Veteran
So far it is only from the broadcaster told ESCToday, not through a public statement directly from the broadcaster.

But it isn't just fan sites reporting what ESCToday said. The German public broadcaster responsible (maybe that should be 'responsible') for German participation has also reported it.
My friend told be that on Croatian Eurovision forum that they were rumours that Montenegro got their 6 cars so they going to return to contest.2 days later ESCToday got the news from broadcaster...

I guess later today or tomorrow we going to get from Montenegro broadcaster the confirmation.

Ajeje Brazorf

Montenegro back? Seriously? Fuck yeah! 😍😍😍 Nobody expected this news this year, but I'm so glad to have them back in the competition!

Now I'm waiting patiently for Armenia. I'm sure they will come back too.

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Disgusting news. Once again, quality music will be under threat. Who knows what kind of crap this country will send to ESC next year again. But then again it makes sense, I mean, the contest will be held in Italy.

krivac

Hopefully they will send something decent for once. It's been years since i liked a Montenegrin song.

No balkan ballads, no joke entries, no ridiculously dated cheap songs, no gimmicky entries, no songs which are flatter than a pancake.

Eurovision was changed in the last years and Montenegro should know that. They should send something which would appeal Europe regardless the genre. Not only Ex-YU. Otherwise they will still remain as the Balkan Georgia a.k.a. sending weird & bad songs with 0 appeal.

Songs like Adio & Moj svijet wouldn't've even qualified nowadays.......

ESC94

Hopefully they´ll send a good song for once. So far the only entries I found decent were 2014 and 2015, and even they were only ok compared to other balkan ballads. Everything else wasn´t my cup of tea at all, their last effort in 2019 was one of the most embarassing entries I´ve ever heard and even the beloved "Igranka" was just noise for me. (n)

DanielLuis

Welcome back Montenegro! I will never understand supposed "fans" of the contest reacting negatively to a country with history in the show returning, no matter what type of entries that country sent before. (Except for obvious special situations of countries opposing the values of Eurovision itself, such as Belarus, of course)

Ajeje Brazorf

I
Welcome back Montenegro! I will never understand supposed "fans" of the contest reacting negatively to a country with history in the show returning, no matter what type of entries that country sent before. (Except for obvious special situations of countries opposing the values of Eurovision itself, such as Belarus, of course)

Don't get it either. Imo, the more, the merrier. Even if I disliked some of their song in the last, I'm extremely happy to see them coming back.

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Woohoo! Montenegrin entries will often not be my personal taste but are always artistically assertive and bold.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

A-lister

Veteran
Hopefully they will send something decent for once. It's been years since i liked a Montenegrin song.

No balkan ballads, no joke entries, no ridiculously dated cheap songs, no gimmicky entries, no songs which are flatter than a pancake.

Eurovision was changed in the last years and Montenegro should know that. They should send something which would appeal Europe regardless the genre. Not only Ex-YU. Otherwise they will still remain as the Balkan Georgia a.k.a. sending weird & bad songs with 0 appeal.

Songs like Adio & Moj svijet wouldn't've even qualified nowadays.......

I don't get this comment at all tbh xshrug, sure Montenegro has sent quite a bunch of bad entries, but what do you suggest? that everyone sends streamlined Pop a la Sweden? (which btw isn't working either any longer).

Eurovision is unpredictable, I don't see an issue with a good Balkan ballad, as long as the end product is good, nor do I predict that it would ultimately flop either.

I think the genre isn't the issue here, it's whether it's a good entry or not that matters and Montenegro has failed quite much in the latter department unfortunately.

Anyhow, welcome back Montenegro and as long as you send something good (even if it's a classic Balkan ballad), that is all that matters!

Last edited:
Top Bottom