The air is what they need
The air is what they breathe
They'll die without it
It's unforgivable

Breathe​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
It seems she hasn't released anything relevant in the past 5 years. Will be a difficult call.
I hope this opportunity helps her to revitalize and blossom her career.
The official German Eurovision fanpage introduced her as someone "who also has started a fashion blog" straight after the heading :D

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys move on from Balkan ballads pls, it's embarrassing at this point. We're in 2022. Girl wants her "Proud" moment (pun intended) - let her have it. As if "Proud" would be ranked as high had it been sung in Macedonian.
Stop expecting Balkan countries to constantly sing on their native language for your "soul-fulfillment" entertainment. I'm not saying success happens exclusively when you sing in English - but statistics don't lie: it's much safer to get your message and hustle across.

Ajeje Brazorf

I don't know Vladana aswell, because she has apparently not released music for a while, but listenings to her past works, seems an ok choice. The main concerne is the song: we know Montenegro is usually a "hit or miss" for a lot of people. We'll see. My bet is it will be a bilingual ballad, but it's too early to call.

esc87fan

About that song by "Vasso": I inquired about it at Wiwibloggs (since Robyn Gallagher wrote two past articles about Vasilije and his trail of deception) in the reveal article about Vladana yesterday because I had a hunch that the music was likely stolen as he did with literally all his "original" songs. One of the replies made me suspicious: someone named Ivana said that it was written for him by Ylva & Linda Perssen. Now why on earth would two well-known Swedish songwriters waste time and creative energy on a Montenegrin who can't sing? That's when I knew something didn't add up

Mainshow

Veteran
Guys move on from Balkan ballads pls, it's embarrassing at this point. We're in 2022. Girl wants her "Proud" moment (pun intended) - let her have it. As if "Proud" would be ranked as high had it been sung in Macedonian.
Stop expecting Balkan countries to constantly sing on their native language for your "soul-fulfillment" entertainment. I'm not saying success happens exclusively when you sing in English - but statistics don't lie: it's much safer to get your message and hustle across.
I somehow agree with you (Balkan countries can send whatever they like and fans shouldn´t constantly expect these countries to submit ballads). It is slightly pathetic that some fans and casual viewers level criticsm on other countires not performing in their native languages but strangely, I haven´t really heard such negative comments towards Germany or Scandinavia whereas these people somehow expect - especially Balkan and Eastern European countries - to do so... I don´t want to generalise or anything but that is a common thought I have come across whilst encountering such people as well.

That said, despite Montenegro serving us different genres, the country has reached the grand final only twice: 2014 and 2015 - and if we want to include "statistics", we have to realise that balkan ballads performed in Montenegrin works best for Montenegro and so far, has been the only way to make it advance to the final. Montenegro´s entries performed in English or being of a different genre failed and thus, I heavily disagree with your last two sentences.

However, Montenegro - as any other country - is allowed to and should be sending whatever song they like. I don´t care whether it is a ballad, includes ethno elements or contains lyrics in a native language.

I just want to get a "balanced" Eurovision - full of different languages, styles, genres and artists and unfortunately, that´s also why I prefer seeing Balkan countries (or Portugal and even Israel) to perform in their native languages because Central European as well as Nordic countries don´t have the balls to do so and if that´s the case, we end up like having a final a la 2017 in which 22 entries had been performed in English.

Generally speaking, though, like I have already said - I don´t care about languages, genres and so on - I just need a mix in May ;)

Milos-BC

Good choice for :me: . I was hoping for Vladana to get her chance on the Eurovision stage at one point. Since Dimitrov is the one behind the song, I'm certain they won't let us down.

MooseShoes

I somehow agree with you (Balkan countries can send whatever they like and fans shouldn´t constantly expect these countries to submit ballads). It is slightly pathetic that some fans and casual viewers level criticsm on other countires not performing in their native languages but strangely, I haven´t really heard such negative comments towards Germany or Scandinavia whereas these people somehow expect - especially Balkan and Eastern European countries - to do so... I don´t want to generalise or anything but that is a common thought I have come across whilst encountering such people as well.

That said, despite Montenegro serving us different genres, the country has reached the grand final only twice: 2014 and 2015 - and if we want to include "statistics", we have to realise that balkan ballads performed in Montenegrin works best for Montenegro and so far, has been the only way to make it advance to the final. Montenegro´s entries performed in English or being of a different genre failed and thus, I heavily disagree with your last two sentences.

However, Montenegro - as any other country - is allowed to and should be sending whatever song they like. I don´t care whether it is a ballad, includes ethno elements or contains lyrics in a native language.

I just want to get a "balanced" Eurovision - full of different languages, styles, genres and artists and unfortunately, that´s also why I prefer seeing Balkan countries (or Portugal and even Israel) to perform in their native languages because Central European as well as Nordic countries don´t have the balls to do so and if that´s the case, we end up like having a final a la 2017 in which 22 entries had been performed in English.

Generally speaking, though, like I have already said - I don´t care about languages, genres and so on - I just need a mix in May ;)
I'm definitely a Eurosnob who would love to hear as many native languages as, possible, but I try to be reasonable too. For instance, I loved Portugal's song last year even though it was the first 100% English song they'd ever sent. The biggest problem with English, for me, is that it's often part of a generic package. I've got a sneaky feeling this won't be the case with :me: this year. Oh and I bloody loved Proud from the moment it came out.

Going back to the language thing, we can't deny there's a certain breed of fan that automatically wets themselves over every single native-language entry, even if native speakers are at pains to tell us all that it's just Sandra Nurmsalu reciting her shopping list over an Enya B-side and not some mystical Estonian poetry like the rest of us would like to believe it is.

tomos2019

I would prefer if most countries did sing in their own language for reasons of my musical taste but when I first discovered Eurovision in 2009-10 I still had some English-language entries I liked that were not from the UK/Ireland/Malta and also I don't mind if occasionally, for example this year Portugal sung in English while Denmark sung in Danish! The official results were nothing like my opinion and Portugal's song wasn't my cup of tea but as long as they don't make a habit of it!

Looren

Veteran
strangely, I haven´t really heard such negative comments towards Germany or Scandinavia whereas these people somehow expect

Well personaly my dream ESC is everybody singing in their own language, of course am okay with countries singing in English (my top 3 of ESC 2021 were all English songs) but well I would like to see more language diversity in ESC, 'cause lately we almost only heard English

Guys move on from Balkan ballads pls

Am never moving on from one of my fave music genre :lol: :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
Vladana made nice promotion video on fb for MNE 2022 entry, maybe she will surprise us positive with the entry.. Who knows.. :)

Top Bottom