15 9.7%

14 9.1%

15 9.7%

26 16.9%

• Total voters

Alaska49

*snores* *falls into coma* *dies*

ZoboCamel

I do adore my Balkan power ballads, and while this isn't one of the stronger ones I've ever heard, it's at least something I enjoy. Vanja's voice is right up my alley, and I'm loving how this song builds from the slow, melancholy start to a huge climax. It overall reminds me of some of the mid-00's Balkan ballads at ESC - especially Lejla - which is by no means a bad comparison.

That said, the production is lacking, things are a little messy, I struggle to remember much past the main chorus hook, and there are just generally lots of little areas needing improvement all over the place. I'm imagining this'll get a revamp, and if it gets a good one, it has the potential to be one of my favourites for the year.

In its current state, though, there are just too many issues for me to give it high points. As a result, I'm wavering between 5 and 6, but I'm happy to see another native-language Balkan ballad back in the contest, so it's 6 points from me for now.

Geborgenheit

Comparable to Slovenia last year. Although no, this one is better, the singer is at least not annoying.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I want to like this. I usually adore the Balkan ballads, but this one doesn't really do it for me. :( I love the atmosphere of it, I love the little orchestra, I love the feeling of it.. but the melody/chord progression (which for me is what makes the song) is not to my taste at all. 5 points.

DipintoDiBlu

I think this one has the ability to surprise a lot of people in May. 2014 and 2016 show that Montenegro really knows what to do with staging so I'm holding out hope.

JonnyWest

I want to like this. I usually adore the Balkan ballads, but this one doesn't really do it for me. :( I love the atmosphere of it, I love the little orchestra, I love the feeling of it.. but the melody/chord progression (which for me is what makes the song) is not to my taste at all. 5 points.

Agree on everything you said... I want to like this more, since I'm very into balkan ballads, but I feel like there's something in this one that's missing :(

ESCREGION

I just realised that the verse of this Greek Balad is similar with Inje's verse...especially the piano is almost the same!!

ag89

This is not that bad. Actually, the music is pretty good, I like it. Yes, it's a Balkan typical style ballad, but there are many typical pop songs every year and nobody is complaining "Oh, one more pop song". This song needs:
- revamp
- better lyrics (well, I don't think they will change it)
- epic staging. :D

The guy is ok, nothing wow. Reminds me of Sergej Ćetković.

Chorizo

There have been better Balkan ballads in Eurovision. 3 points from me.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Can someone explain why this is consistently at the bottom of every poll, ranking video etc. I can find?

EscGeek

Veteran
Can someone explain why this is consistently at the bottom of every poll, ranking video etc. I can find?
I think RTCG's sound problems are to blame..look at how he's holding the mike.. + lack of visual elements
Everything about this is low budget and awkward
Only true balkan ballad lovers enjoy this. Personally, i can differentiate between this and 2014 & 2015

Hayato

I thought the revamp was supposed to come out yesterday? I'm hoping for the verses to be transformed, violins and strings added, and more depth and explosion for the chorus, especially at the end...then this could be a worthy Balkan ballad!

ZoboCamel

I thought the revamp was supposed to come out yesterday? I'm hoping for the verses to be transformed, violins and strings added, and more depth and explosion for the chorus, especially at the end...then this could be a worthy Balkan ballad!

Google Translate + this article tells me the revamp is now scheduled for 20:00 CET tonight.

Dodiih

Well, I'm in love with this version, and I'll be in love with the revamp as well.
:12: xlove

Scooby

Because song is very weak, even for us who understands the language

midnightsun

Veteran
Well, to me, the verse sounds like Lejla and the chorus like any Balkan ballad (which is good cause I usually love them). Considering Moj Svijet and Adio were also good but not as good as Inje (imo) I really hope people will see the beauty of this song and vote it into the final. Just hope the revamp won‘t disappoint me because almost all revamps of the past have been shitty.

Dodiih

Well, I'm in love with this version, and I'll be in love with the revamp as well.
:12: xlove

I was right, the revamp is equally amazing. xheart The song wasn't changed drastically, but became more powerful in my opinion.

Top Bottom