13 6.6%

5 2.6%

10 5.1%

4 2.0%

4 2.0%

12 6.1%

• Total voters

FoxOfShadows

Anyone else thinking/hoping that this victory will pull all the Balkans back to the contest xcrossed

GWTW1939

Can I just say again how much I personally xlove the stage routine they created for this :oops:

They pulled off the magic, fantasy, whimsy thing much better then Ukraine did last year but then again I think the Copenhagen stage allowed it to happen compared to the Malmo one which felt more restrictive

And even though some don't I really liked that ice skater, especially the use of the led on the stage floor to create the beautiful images xclap

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Anyone else thinking/hoping that this victory will pull all the Balkans back to the contest xcrossed

They're all coming back anyway, relax :)

Poor Montenegro got a little overshadowed by San Marino also qualifying but I'm very happy theyve made the final under their own steam now :mrgreen:

greece

Congrats :me: although I was sure that it would qualify. Balkan ballads are always loved by everyone.

Good luck in the final, Sergej xcrossed

sapsan

I'm glad that I'll see figure skating on Eurovision again . That was amazing fantastic performance inspite of boring song.

Sammy

Veteran
Its good to see that countries that haven't been in the final so far can achieve it with good songs and good performances. That's what the contest should be all about! Congratulations to Montenegro and San Marino!

SRBIJA

Banned
So happy they finally made it :) Performance looked great. I'm also reading a lot of positive comments about the song here in Serbia. :)

Andreea

I’m delighted for Montenegro and San Marino!
(especially for Montenegro. Really appreciate he sang is his native language!!!)

Good luck !

cegs5

One of the best songs last night. Well done Montenegro! I wasn't surprised but still I screamed when it was revealed they made it.

CPV4931

Great to see Montenegro qualifying for the first time yesterday :-)
It was not my favorite song yesterday, but had a nice performance.

tuorem

I discovered the songs of the 1st semi final on Tuesday, so I'll give my opinion on Montenegro's entry this year :

When I read that Monténégro sent a famous name with a ballad in their own language, I expected to love it since I instantly thought about the fantastic series of Balkan ballads of 2012 : "Nije Ljubav Stvar", "Verjamem", "Nebo", "Crno i Belo", "Korake Ti Znam". But I was disappointed, of course it's a quality song but I prefer dramatic mélodies when it comes to this type of songs, and this one seems to be rather joyful. The flute parts and the verses are good but I can't stand the chorus, which I think is bland with the backing vocals. This is a big letdown for me. The singer is nice and experienced, I loved the overall staging presentation with the girls who was ice skating.

So for now, I'm kinda disappointed by what I heard. Maybe I'll like it more when I become familiar with it, but it certainly won't be high in my personal ranking. I don't know how well this can do in the final, I expect a rather high place for them. So congrats Montenegro for your first qualification! I'm so happy for you, even though you shoud have qualified with Igranka last year too. Good luck for the final, and see you on Saturday!

12Points

Great ballad, love the background and the skating girl (FYI she's not ice skating, but roller skating) and it's cool they actually used the touch screen floor, and it's so awesome they're qualified :D, top 10 final obviously :D

musicfan

Its good to see that countries that haven't been in the final so far can achieve it with good songs and good performances. That's what the contest should be all about! Congratulations to Montenegro and San Marino!

But this isn't at all a good song, it just had a good draw.

The San Marino song is better but not necessarily amazing (though I thought it deserved top 10 in the semi).

Top Bottom