Pleacă trenul! Unde esti?
Chisinău – București
Hey how! Let’s go!
Folklore și Rock’n’roll
Pleacă trenul! Unde esti?
Chisinău – București​

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmbriga

I´m slowly warming up to this - One the one hand, it´s getting on my nerves but on the other hand, I think it´s really entertaining, authentic and enjoyable. It´s really a mixed bag for me.
It totally grew on me, too. I wasn't even hating in the beginning, but now can't wait to see it on stage.

HarryUK

Veteran
I feel like I'm having a proper 'knees up' at a wedding whenever I hear this. Another year of Moldovan excellence

Milos-BC

3rd time we have Zdob Si Zdub on ESC and 3rd time that I like their song :D I liked it even more before the revamp, but it's still enjoyable. With a fun and creative staging, they should have no problem to qualify.

7 points.

jatojo

I wonder what the juries will do with this. Normally they should punish the awful vocal performance, but some in the juries might appreciate the ethnic elements.

Personally, I've given it 1. The genre is probably fun if your sitting at a table in a tourist town near the harbour on a hot evening and then these guys drop by to earn a few coins. But artistically, it doesn't give me much - and the stage show is messy.

Hamsterwheel

I am not convinced by the staging, but it's still fun, it hasn't done itself any favours with the staging, but it hasn't ruined its chances either...

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I wonder what the juries will do with this. Normally they should punish the awful vocal performance, but some in the juries might appreciate the ethnic elements.

Juries appreciating ethnic elements? If the juries are anything like they've always been, that's the first thing they will punish (which is unfortunate but yeah, we should know by now that the juries loath anything fun/local/ethnic/different)....

jatojo

Juries appreciating ethnic elements? If the juries are anything like they've always been, that's the first thing they will punish (which is unfortunate but yeah, we should know by now that the juries loath anything fun/local/ethnic/different)....
You may be right. I was mainly thinking about the instrumental layer with folk music. That does have some technical quality.

Realest

I was so scared after the first 4 Qualifiers.

Smudy

This song live is an absolute banger, televote magnet for sure.

A-lister

Veteran
Although I prefer the original version over this "rockier" one I'm still happy they made it, probably a televote qualifier, and I am not surprised. They really lifted the mood as I predicted, congrats Moldova xcheer

Fluke

Either juries, televoters or both liked this more than the other joke/whacky entries which all failed, when it was the worst one. I don't hate it, but there's really not much to it as a song, and i don't get why either camps would prefer this over Latvia, Denmark and Albania. I think my impression of the song will forever be tainted by that, but whatever.

CaraMia

This wasn't even amongst my favourites (I really thought that it wouldn't even qualify), but this was the first video I went to check on YouTube after the semi-final. I loved how crazy the audience was during the performance! This is definitely one of those performances that are made to be presented live to the people in the arena and then, by the way, it is being broadcasted and you feel that energy. It's contagious! I can't stop smiling when I press replay!

midnightsun

Veteran
I really hope they‘ll perform like this in Turin. This live version is definitely a HUGE upgrade! I will have to change my ranking. This would be a massive grower!

Quoting myself from March 28: and I was right. It’s so good live! I didn’t like (and still don’t like) the studio version but the performance tonight was in my personal qualifier ranking. It was awesome!

NeoTen

It's not like he sang poorly... he didn't really sing.... and it's not like he danced bad, but then again, he didn't really... you know what... wth, how did this qualify... really. :cautious:

hpp0

The performance itself didn't really convince me that it is a qualifier, but the crowd totally sold the song for me. The crowd was really loud throughout the whole performance and from the TV at least it seemed as if they got the biggest reaction when they were performing. Well done Moldova, I think that if the performers manage to be a bit more energetic, they will do very well.

Top Bottom