Compared to you no other [?] thing to brag about
Your lips are hot and sweet, I feel it to my knees
Now I want only one sugar, sugar on my tongue
I need your kisses baby, gotta keep 'em coming
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

Sugar​

Last edited by a moderator:

Milos-BC

I like some parts of this song while the others are a bit messy. I think it could be a borderline qualifier, the performance will decide.

5 points.

Realest

Now that Kroatia flopped, Moldova is in Danger as well.

tuorem

In anticipation of semi 2, I'm currently binge-listening to "Sugar" right now, and feeling myself a tad too much in the process. That song makes me feel sexier than a chocolate marshmallow bear. There is some serious witchcraft at work there.

tenor.gif

lf Moldova doesn't make it tomorrow night, I'll have to tear y'all cake jaws out one by one, you birds of ill omen.

Lance Esgard

On the carpet, Kirkorov was presenting himself as Natalia's wannabe sugar daddy. Creepy.

Honestly, I would rather this song not qualify if Natalia was feeling any discomfort but felt she had to work with him because of his position in the musical industry in that part of the world.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Natalia seems to be a fun person, when Kirkorov isn't lurking around in the background trying to steal her light or watch her like some odd pimp, she comes alive as was clear in the sit down with NikkieTutorials.

Unfortunately the song is weak (well no surprise it's Kirkorov), and I think this could end up a NQ.

Iker

Veteran
Natalia seems to be a fun person, when Kirkorov isn't lurking around in the background trying to steal her light or watch her like some odd pimp, she comes alive as was clear in the sit down with NikkieTutorials.

Unfortunately the song is weak (well no surprise it's Kirkorov), and I think this could end up a NQ.
For Moldova it is not weak, imho more interesting and better (music-wise) than 2016, 2018, 2019 etc.

My biggest issue is that it is nearly chorusless.

Chorizo

I do like sugar myself, so the message of the song resonates with me. Otherwise, it's a song that will probably end up somewhere in the middle of my ranking. I like some parts of it but it's overall not strong enough. 7 points for now.

GermanBango

I might be one of the very few who actually loves the song so pleaaaaaaaaaaaase qualify. MILF-power go!

tararaaam

I think this should stay in the semis. Natalia is really likeable, but the song does not feel true to her, the production and staging is really meh, her vocals are not fitting the song, and in general, it’s time that these “let’s not mention his name”-products, have to be phased out.

crashworld

Veteran
I hope the #freenatalia campaign takes off. She needs to be free from that creepy person. You can tell she is being held hostage.
Having said that, even though I don't like "Sugar", it is still miles ahead of that shit song which is "Prison".
And unfortunately, they have butchered the staging concept for the song.
She is not a singer so she needs to go all out with the tricks to mask that fact, which they failed to do that.
I can't wait for that big note (which will be a trainwreck in the making)

A-lister

Veteran
For Moldova it is not weak, imho more interesting and better (music-wise) than 2016, 2018, 2019 etc.

My biggest issue is that it is nearly chorusless.

Yes, it's better than 2016 and 2019 (that isn't an accomplishment really), but I disagree about 2018, that's one of Moldova's finest moments in Eurovision.

Moldova is pretty uneven in Eurovision, this I agree with. While we're at it, my top. 5 Moldovan entries so far are: 1. 2009, 2. 2018, 3. 2010, 4. 2013, 5. 2017 ... I would say this lands in the middle for me at #7 (after 2012).

aef

Ok now after Looklab with Natalia I also want her to qualify! :D She has a very nice personality!

A-lister

Veteran
Ok now after Looklab with Natalia I also want her to qualify! :D She has a very nice personality!

She is indeed funny, unfortunately the song is a bit meh, she's not the best singer and apparently the performance is a bit lackluster as well (I am surprised since this would be the strongest selling point, they should just go all bonkers like the video)... plus we don't want to feed Kirkorov's ego even further...

aef

She is indeed funny, unfortunately the song is a bit meh, she's not the best singer and apparently the performance is a bit lackluster as well (I am surprised since this would be the strongest selling point, they should just go all bonkers like the video)... plus we don't want to feed Kirkorov's ego even further...
Yeah I know what you mean. As for the personality and her personal effort I'd like her to qualify but the song and the overall package doesn't deserve it. It's a tight race for the 10 spots anyway so....

EscGeek

Veteran
YAAAAAY, she made it! I was worried, because i know her vocals are inferior to Hurricane, but i have both in the final now xyaaay xyaaay

Top Bottom