Compared to you no other [?] thing to brag about
Your lips are hot and sweet, I feel it to my knees
Now I want only one sugar, sugar on my tongue
I need your kisses baby, gotta keep 'em coming
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

Sugar​

Last edited by a moderator:

musicfan

I mean taste differs, but I don't see how a bland Kirkorov reductive blend of "Shady Lady" and "Siren Song" (but much much weaker than both) can be considered a higher quality song, but again taste differs of course so no shade just curiousity.
I already looked at the comparison with Siren Song in an earlier post (very much in favour of Sugar). And I don't see any comparison with Shady Lady. Also despite the obsession some have with Kirkorov he wasn't the only composer of the music in this song, and we don't even know who contributed the most there.

ag89

I still cannot believe they decided not to bring dancing ice creams.

musicfan

I always read on forums a lot of negative comments about Eurovision participants. But sometimes, it looks really strange for me. In most case, it is people of the country who vote for the winner. So why to be upset now? I am Amsterdam, have a peek here. But I never feel so negative if someone else was chosen. Stay relaxed, it is only music contest with a new chance in a year.

I said a few years ago here that people like a scapegoat, and this year seems to have been this song. Probably the best dance song overall alongside Last Dance (Loco Loco has a weaker middle section for me).

innou

I said a few years ago here that people like a scapegoat, and this year seems to have been this song. Probably the best dance song overall alongside Last Dance (Loco Loco has a weaker middle section for me).
Well, they (especially Kirkorov) brought it to themselves, to be honest. From the sheer arrogance that was the song's presentation back in March, along with some stupid remarks from some insiders that this would be top 3 in the final, to the lackluster staging, and of course the voting irregularities.
The song is actually not bad (other than its awful structure), but it's only saving grace is Natalia and her tons of charisma. Everything else was wrong, unfortunately.

Sammy

Veteran
Charisma? You mean that botox-like frozen look for 3 minutes? Or the „smile or you are dead“-rictus? Her whole personality was trapped and hidden behind that artificial masking others imposed to her. Last year she sang about a prison, this year she lived it. Tragic.

musicfan

Well, they (especially Kirkorov) brought it to themselves, to be honest. From the sheer arrogance that was the song's presentation back in March, along with some stupid remarks from some insiders that this would be top 3 in the final, to the lackluster staging, and of course the voting irregularities.
The song is actually not bad (other than its awful structure), but it's only saving grace is Natalia and her tons of charisma. Everything else was wrong, unfortunately.
I don''t get the obsession with Kirkorov. He probably didn't write most of it anyway.

And the structure is fine. The complaints about that remind me of those who didn't like Icebreaker. The same people who preferred Sound of Silence, which was ok but more generic and predictable.

FilipFromSweden

The way she has been a finalist 2/2 times, truly iconic and many others clearly can't relate

Top Bottom