And now I hear my body talk, talk, talk
A taste is all, all I need
And I'm about to climb the walls
No way I'll be alone tonight

xheat xheat xheat xheat xheat xheat xheat xheat

A literary masterpiece xqueenbitch

pardoESC

2 point from me

I'm probably the only one with that opinion, but I did not like the song at all, I did not connect with it too much. Nice singer but there is nothing special about it, the clip is especially horrible the end with the chin in the shape of a cake, it will haunt me in nightmares, sure

Ezio

Veteran
Slutpop 2021? Check.

happy for Maruv. Those royalties keep coming, even if it is only in Lew.

Loindici

Veteran
Thank God I didn't stay awake and watch Kirkorov cum multiple times on my screen.

I like dance music, but no, not for "Sugar". It's not certainly cheap, but it is cheap-sounding. Is it bad for a dance music to be cheap? No, I guess there's a demographic for that. However, it's really messy. Why would you put a drop before the pre-chorus!? The pre-chorus also sounds unimpressive, the drop sounds nice but really dated, and the bridge is nice until Natalia belts her 16-long note. The lyrical content is okay, perhaps, albeit it's cheap... but we're listening to a slutpop anyways, so why would it matter?

With the right staging that is usually provided by the Fever Dream Team, yea, it will probably qualify and I won't like it. Maybe I'm already starting to grow out from these kinds of music. :5: is the best thing I could've given.

EDIT: Okay, maybe a :4:.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
It costs a lot of money to look this cheap. They promised us similarities with Maruv. But it's a very meh version of Loboda xexcuseme
The song was obviously inspired by Laganza - Cocos, certain part of the video reminded me Jamala - Smile aesthetics. That's like 4 associations with Ukrainian singers. That dancing ice cream graphics ... did they invest all money into this trashy presentation and forgot about graphics? + Kirkorov's rant against other winners & calling Conchita "it". I'm giving it a well-deserved :0:. They worked HARD for it :lol:

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
It is a cheaper version of Maruv but quite catchy. Miles better than 'Prison' of Gordienko and better than average for Moldova.

Last edited:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm

midnightsun

Veteran
2 points from me: one for the okay-ish song with the bland voice plus one for the video (minus the cake 😣). It would have been 3 but one off for too much „sexy sexy“. ;)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm upset I missed the hot disaster mess it seems the presentation event was.

Sugar is..... alright? It's better than Prison but then the bar wasn't particularly set high. Too many drops. They are kind of soft and non invasive so I can handle them. Did they though really need a pre chorus drop followed then by the exact same drop the moment the chorus (if it even was one) finishes? Such a big chunk of the song is that drop. When I become ruler of the world you're gonna need to get a licence to drop (Samanta Tina gets the first and possibly only one). I'm seriously tired of such lazy pop songs.

Moan over. Have :6: points. And give me some sugar sugar, although not too much as I'm trying to get toned.

Schlagerman1

Sad to see people giving this low because of political reasons...

Anyhow, yhis is actually pretty fun. No, it is not a great song but at least it has a nice beat and some fun lines that makes me smile and dance a long a little too. Better and more enjoyable than "Prison" so all in all, a decent choice for Moldova. :D

tuorem

Ok, Prison irked me last year. To me, it was just another take on Odobescu's "Stay" and the live performance was not good to top it all. What a waste considering there were 5 or 6 other songs in the NF that could have been sent as is. :cautious:

But anyway, I am glad they went for something totally different this time. Songs like "Sugar" are not my staple, but it sounds decent and... quite modern for a Dream Team effort?! :oops: I understand what they meant by MARUV inspiration, although it's so faint no one would have made that kind of comparison on their own.

I like the quiet verses versus the loud catchy drop. The pre-chorus (or is it the chorus?) and the bridge are "eh" though. And I can't help but think Gordienko will sound completely different live... But I guess it matters less with such type of song. And the visuals will be all pink and candy, so it'll stand out. I just hope they don't re-create that "cake jaw" trick on stage, because that grossed me out. :LOL: So creepy!

It might not be the Holy Grail in the upbeat department this year, but I find it more enticing and polished than "El Diablo" and "Set Me Free".

Moldova is qualifying this year I think. I'll give this effort :7: points although it's not entirely my thing.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Well I was expecting hot garbage from Putinista and the Chia Pet and that's what we've got for the most part. Sounds like something Svetlana Lovoda would've rejected for Eurovision a few years back. Also the music video looked cheap with the graphics they used. Prison was much better.

crashworld

Veteran
Moldova coming for the flaming geys vote.

I really like the video to be honest. Stylistically it's on point. But the song is pretty bland and it's nothing like sugar. The lack of a proper chorus is the issue here. There's nothing to hook you in as a song.

She actually sounds like Paris Hilton and I can see Paris actually doing this song. The visuals help, but without it, it's just borderline noise. I'm giving this a :3:.

And also, what is the obsession of human heads? Belgium beheaded one and now Moldova eats one in the form of a cake?

Last edited:

Stashio833

I was not able to see the livestream, but I just listened to it now. I like the music video and the song itself is very good. Giving me Maruv vibes! It has debuted at my :8: points for right now.

gingerale

After falling into a 9 hour coma during iconic livestream mess (doctors used "still breathing" to bring me back to life), I'm here for SUGAR.

Of course I love it. Banger. And one of the few occasions where you actually get what they promised. Dancing ice cream? Wrap it up i'll take it!

Top Bottom