Contact us

Miss World 2013

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
I am not sure that there are many people here who watch and follow this pageant (I am not a big fan of it myself), but sometimes it can be interesting in some points of view....
This year Miss world pageant takes place in Indonesia, or more precisely in Bali, on Saturday, 28th of September.

Here are the contestants (pictures and profiles):

http://www.missworld.com/Contestants/

Good luck!

DanielLuis

Those contests are very unpopular here in Portugal. None of the main ones is even broadcasted.

vatroslav_cro

Miss World for 2013 is Miss Phillippines, Megan Young.

1st runner up: Miss France, Marine Lorphelin.
2nd runner up: Miss Ghana, Naa Okailey Shooter.

Congratulations!

chontono

It´s a long time I used to watch the Miss Spain contest with excitement supporting my region, but it´s some years that even that is not shown. I would have seen the Miss World or Universe, though, had it ever been broadcast, but it never was here :(

vatroslav_cro

No need to open the special thread for this:

Miss Universe pageant takes place today, 21.00 CET in Crocus City Hall, Moscow, Russia.

The official page: Miss Universe : Home

(I am not going to watch and there is no broadcasting here but nevermind). Have fun!:)

toinou03

For once, our French contestant Hinarani de Longeaux is really beautiful. The real Miss France came to a surprising 2nd place at Miss World so we wish the best for our Tahitian beauty ! :D

miss_tahiti.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
Miss Universe is just a corrupt contest, it's not about beauty it's about making those pageant obsessed latin countries happy :lol:

toinou03

I don't know how all that works as we don't have that and Miss France is before everything the big French yearly party with those girls wearing regional traditonal suits, telling they like horseriding, cooking and going out with friends, telling their obsession is to take care of animals, children and oldies, and telling that their friends say they are nice (which led to parodies such as "My friends always tell I'm a *******"... :lol:). Oh ! And last year they invented that the Miss have to tell their mottoes in life, and as they are great philosophers, they gave us big thoughts such as "The more the merrier", "nothing ventured nothing gained"... :lol:) And there even are parodies in the shows... So it's 3 hours laughing out loud...

There, I can see it' again Miss Botox Venezuela who has won. Gosh she's hideous, she's said to be 24, she looks 45... Life in plastic, it's fantastic ! :lol:
In France, Venezuela has this double image of Chavez and Botox girls making beauty pageants ! :lol:

AdelAdel

This is ridiculous, who is judging them? And what do they take into account when making a judgement? Seriously, this is the ugliest Miss Universe in the past 5 years or so. Not that the previous ones were exceptionally beautiful, but they weren't as bad as this one. The prettiest ones always lose in the first rounds anyway, that's crazy.

A-lister

Veteran
This is ridiculous, who is judging them? And what do they take into account when making a judgement? Seriously, this is the ugliest Miss Universe in the past 5 years or so. Not that the previous ones were exceptionally beautiful, but they weren't as bad as this one. The prettiest ones always lose in the first rounds anyway, that's crazy.

This contest is 100% fixed, it's not based on beauty it is solely based on catering to those markets where this contest is popular in combination with politics.

I agree, the winner looks plastic and not at all pretty imo. Some of the best ones weren't even qualified to the top. 16.

A coincidence that the entire top. 5 were all Latin countries (+ Philippines)? Those are the countries were beauty pageants are the most popular, so it's all fixed. Atleast they shouldn't make it so damn obvious that it's fixed, but the contest simply becomes more and more clichéd and corrupt by each year.

Sultana

:lol:
BtW, there are magnifiscent dresses in that ! :eek:
Ours was disguised in Eiffel Tower ! xrofl3 But looking all those girls, I can't believe our Hinarani has been eliminated in first round ! :eek: She is really beautiful and she isn't fake ! :)

Hinarani was my favourite from the beginning, i like her even more than Marine - Miss France 2013 and about this year's MU
I've been watching MU about 6 years and this year's top 16 was dreadful 90% latina girls and 10% ROTW meh :(

Sultana

My first reaction was the same.. :? In russian speaking society it was just like a boom everyone thought that Spain would be Miss Universe and venezuela 1st Runner up ( in my top she wasn't even in top 16 xcrazy) and when Gabriela won a great number of people wrote that she is ugly, looks like a man and etc :( so pitty! but after a couple of days I've realised that she is amazing.. she looks better in live

A-lister

Veteran
My first reaction was the same.. :? In russian speaking society it was just like a boom everyone thought that Spain would be Miss Universe and venezuela 1st Runner up ( in my top she wasn't even in top 16 xcrazy) and when Gabriela won a great number of people wrote that she is ugly, looks like a man and etc :( so pitty! but after a couple of days I've realised that she is amazing.. she looks better in live

Neither Venezuala or Spain deserved top. 16 imo. Out of the top. 16, I only liked India, Dominican Rep. & Ukraine... my absolute favorite was Kazakhstan though (who of course didn't make it to the top. 16).

Venezuela makes a good drag queen, so she won the wrong contest :lol:

Top Bottom