Contact us

Misheard Lyrics 2021 Edition

theditz83

Veteran
There are always a few great misheard lyrics that I get for Eurovision songs (the 2020 highlight being Hurricane singing "Gal, she be Svala!" in honour of Iceland's 2017 entrant)

So let's share our best ones from the 2021 songs...

:lv: Samanta Tina - The Moon Is Rising

Actual lyric:
Being envious, not my case
Lyric I hear: Being in me, ugh, snog my case

:pt: The Black Mamba - Love Is On My Side

Actual lyric:
Sold my body on a dirty cold floor
Lyric I hear: Sold my body on the dirty coleslaw

:rs: Hurricane - Loco Loco

Actual lyric:
Zato hajde budi loco loco
Lyric I hear: But you hide the booty, loco loco

There will definitely be more, I'll add them as the come to me :lol:

midnightsun

Veteran
:nl: I have never understood why people hear "broccoli". All I hear from the very first listening is "broke on me" (with an accent). :LOL:

heke1988

:fi:
Blind Channel - Dark Side

Actualy lyric: All drinks on me
Lyric I hear: All drinks on my/mine

mauve

Veteran
I wouldn't say "mishearing", but everytime I listen to "Mata Hari", I think of vaccination because in Japanese Mata means "again" and "Hari" means "needle", so "needle again". And in these Covid-times I think of vaccination. :rolleyes:

heke1988

Also :nl:
Jeangu Macrooy - Birth of a New Age

Actual lyric: Born in resilience
Lyric I hear: Born in Brazilians

Iker

Veteran
I wouldn't say "mishearing", but everytime I listen to "Mata Hari", I think of vaccination because in Japanese Mata means "again" and "Hari" means "needle", so "needle again". And in these Covid-times I think of vaccination. :rolleyes:
Have you been vaccinated? I have heard the process is going very slowly in Germany because of the bureaucracy.

mauve

Veteran
Have you been vaccinated? I have heard the process is going very slowly in Germany because of the bureaucracy.
It is indeed VERY slow here. Also Astrazeneca fell into disrepute (it may cause thrombosis). And even though I am like a dinosaur of this forum ;), I am still not old enough to be vaccinated (60's and up first here).

MooseShoes

Surprised no-one's already mentioned :au:'s "Time to take off your clothes."

With :rs:'s entry having a Spanish title, I keep hearing "Soy muy fina" in the chorus.

Finding misheard lyrics in :lv:'s song is like shooting fish in a barrel, but it definitely sounds like she's repeatedly shouting "NOT MY CAKES!"

Iker

Veteran
It is indeed VERY slow here. Also Astrazeneca fell into disrepute (it may cause thrombosis). And even though I am like a dinosaur of this forum ;), I am still not old enough to be vaccinated (60's and up first here).
My dad has already been vaccinated with his first dose and he is <60 years old. My mum, who is younger is set to receive her first dose still in April. Astrazeneca's supposed danger is imho fear-mongering.

tkris

Ah , the same system here too ! But we are still going on with the AstraZeneca vaccine here

Top Bottom