Contact us

MGP Nordic 2009

No Name

Edited: List of participants in the youtube-embed videos now includes Sweden

I'm fully aware that this contest might not be as interesting as JESC, but I do however think that this contest deserves a thread of its own. The amount of participants is exactly the same as last year, as for the participating countries. Norway, Denmark, Finland, and Sweden are taking part, so no remarkable changes in the plans have been made. Each country will be represented by two entries (the winner and 2nd), which will be found in the countries' respective National finals. This year the contest will be held in Stockholm.

So far Norway and Denmark have found their participants for Stockholm:

NORWAY:

Jørgen - Din egen vei (Winner) Translation: Your own path

[youtube:2uudt3lp]SG7zrvwWopI[/youtube:2uudt3lp]

Mystery - Rock e sunt (2nd) Trans: Rock is healthy

[youtube:2uudt3lp]8TDzMxq67HQ[/youtube:2uudt3lp]

DENMARK

Pelle B - Kun min (Winner) Trans: Mine only

[youtube:2uudt3lp]1gUf1Q0Rp7c[/youtube:2uudt3lp]

Engledrys - Familien, min bedste ven (2nd) Trans: Family, my best friend

[youtube:2uudt3lp]T0h0eUs2ivU[/youtube:2uudt3lp]

SWEDEN

Ulrik - En Vanlig Dag (Winner) Trans: An ordinary day

[youtube:2uudt3lp]WqqRvsZnXDA&feature=related[/youtube:2uudt3lp]

Rebekka - Skaffa en annan tjej Trans: Get another girl

[youtube:2uudt3lp]HQrEdBt_chU[/youtube:2uudt3lp]

DoctorX

I'm looking forward to watch it. :shock: I didn't like the Swedish entries at all. Maybe second one is OK. :ugeek: 'Kun Min' is still my favorite even though can't stand that kind of songs :D

No Name

My favourite is Pelle B, but I do see a lot of potential in both of the Swedish entries and the Norwegian winner. Both of the Swedish entries are worth listening. Unlike both of the Swedish entries, only the winners of respectively Denmark and Norway might have a chance of doing well.

My top-6 is ranked as follows:

1. Pelle B - Kun min
2. Ulrik - En vanlig dag
3. Rebekka - Skaffa en annan tjej
4. Jørgen - Din egen vei
-------------------------
5. Mystery - Rock e sunt
6. Engledrys - Familien, min bedste ven

No Name

Tonight the MGP Nordic final in Stockholm starts. 20.00 to be accurate. In Denmark, DR1 broadcasts the show as usual. If any should be interested, here is the link for the show:

http://www.dr.dk/tv/live#/DR1

94ayd

Finland takes part in this, right? :cool: I remeber from last year that Iceland doesn't... :(

No Name

Yup, Finland takes part, although it's only the Swedish-speaking part of Finland. Iceland has never taken part, and probably never will due to some very odd language-rules. That's why Finland is only allowed to sing in Swedish.

Finnish and Icelandic doesn't sound very familiar with either Danish, Swedish, or Norwegian, so that's the best way I can explain Iceland's absence from this contest. :(

GRATTIS SVERIGE!

We found a winner! Ulrik won MGP Nordic 09. A total number of 8 entries from 4 countries participated. Only 4 of these 8 entries would advance to the "Super-final", where they would have to perform their song once more. One entry from each country. Not completely unexpected all the winners from their respective national advanced to the Super-final:

Amanda (Finland)
Pelle B (Denmark)
Jørgen (Norway)
Ulrik (Sverige)

At the result you could reward the countries with 6, 8, and 12 points. Ulrik and Sweden received 12 points from every single country. Pelle B and Denmark received 12 points from Sweden but after all that was only enough for a 2nd-place. Here's the full result:

1. Ulrik - En Vanlig Dag 36 (Sweden)
2. Pelle B. - Kun Min 28 (Denmark)
3. Jørgen - Din Egen Vei 22 (Norway)
4. Amanda - Jag Vill Leva 18 (Finland)

Top Bottom