Contact us

Malta MALTA 2023 - The Busker - Dance (Our Own Party)

How do you rate this entry?

11 8.4%

14 10.7%

19 14.5%

19 14.5%

13 9.9%

17 13.0%

12 9.2%

11 8.4%

6 4.6%

4 3.1%

5 3.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
The music video for :mt: is very playful. A bit :ee: Jann Pehk-esque I thought with all the chroma key effects. With other songs that have come in this week just outside my top 10 as of now but a fun unusual entry for Malta this year no doubt.

Maltese entries very rarely not treat themselves too seriously, this is a rarity. I wish them well (as in making the GF as I like this song quite a lot, in my top 10 right now with only 6 more entries to be known) but it's going to be difficult from their SF. Even moreso as Malta historically relied more on jury points than TV-points and Eurovision SFs are going to be 100% televoting this year*

*other than San Marinese points I reckon?

Fluke

Sorry, not convinced. It comes off as cheezier and outright dull in the video compared to the live performance. Guys have to put on a significantly different performance for this to get anywhere, otherwise you can count it out entirely.

Franzilein

With all entries set, this is comfortably sitting as my number... 1 xdance2The song is such a mood, love it. Gonna dial my fingers to the bone for them in SF1 if their ESC performance is as engaging and fun as in their NF.

I feel better in my sweater... ♫

dogjam-dog.gif

escEndre

We have had the great pleasure to talk with amazing The Busker! Check out our interview with them here! xheart

Please subscribe to our YouTube-channel to get the latest interviews with the Eurovision-contestants!

jatojo

I can easily imagine this as a B side number on some 1980's pop album, albeit with an updated production.

The 1980's were good in some ways, but this style of music is definitely not what I will look back on with pleasure. Besides, the saxophone which is the only notable thing in the song will be playback in Liverpool, so all in all this is not interesting. A 3 it is - it would have been a 2 without the nice music video.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
This song is my guiltiest pleasure of the year, because no one likes it, but I love it. Everything about this song feels correct for me. Even the sax, which I usually don't like. I hope they go to the Finals from this semi. I also think their is lots of appeal to the voters out there, who don't live in this bubble. I have it 10 points now, as a motivation to go for the 12 post-eurovision. It might also be my favourite Maltese entry in a long time. Their 2012 was also so good, but sang out of tune. I hope they do it better in their sweater.

Deleted member 12761

I have a soft spot for these guys. I love supporting these type of artists. Artists that are less popular or from smaller countries. I really hope they make it to the finale. Their song is a cute bop. Their performance is really good. They also have some nice songs in their catalogue. I like their song "Miracle", too. Wish them the best. I'm a bit concerned because of the running order. Germany can vote too and I will definitely vote for them, too.

Chorizo

Finally, we’ve got a song about feeling better in one’s sweater, which is a bold choice at a contest where sequins are the default dress code. That being said, I couldn’t help but notice that they are wearing sequins at the end of the music video as well, making me question the sincerity of their message. 10 points.

ayzelto

Personal opinion:

I liked it more in the begining than I do it now if I am honest. It's a cool song, but with the big amount of bands taking part this year this feels a bit lost in the middle of the crowd. It's a 4/12 from me.

Prediction:

Unfortunately, the first semifinal it's too strong for this to qualify. I predict this will be 12th or 13th in the semifinal.

NemesisNick

I can easily imagine this as a B side number on some 1980's pop album, albeit with an updated production.
Do you mean B-side of a 7-inch 45 rpm single?

I've made a video, containing my views on the entry representing Malta in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023: The Busker - "Dance (Our Own Party)":

Nemesis Nick Talks Eurovision: Malta 2023

SpiritofKeiino

At the moment it's on my expected NQs list and probably will remain so. I wouldn't be shocked however if we have a couple of 'surprise' NQs in SF1 (e.g. Netherlands, Portugal) and then Latvia or Malta could sneak in and take their place.

Wynnter

It's a lot of fun! Maybe a little too campy for my personal taste. I like the vibes and the energy, and it does want to make me dance, which is a good plus since the song asks me to, I suppose. It is also very memorable, which is a good thing to have in this contest.

Final score: :7: points

Top Bottom