Contact us

Malta MALTA 2023 - The Busker - Dance (Our Own Party)

How do you rate this entry?

11 8.4%

14 10.7%

19 14.5%

19 14.5%

13 9.9%

17 13.0%

12 9.2%

11 8.4%

6 4.6%

4 3.1%

5 3.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
According to Eurovoix and Times of Malta, no reasons were given why they had disqualified Aidan and he wants to set up a meeting between the broadcaster and his team. If they don´t set up such meeting, he will sue them.
I think that´s fair enough - and Aidan shouldn´t be punished that way - especially if other artists had been promoting their entries as well.

It´s a ridiculous rule, anyway.

HarryUK

If the Maltese broadcaster could make this into a reality show whilst I wait for my fave real housewives franchise to come back that would be great

Malta have definitely followed in Vidbir's footsteps here haven't they!

A-lister

Veteran
If the Maltese broadcaster could make this into a reality show whilst I wait for my fave real housewives franchise to come back that would be great

Malta have definitely followed in Vidbir's footsteps here haven't they!

Maltese National selection for Eurovision: "Real Housewives of Valletta choose song for Eurovision"

Last edited:

simori95

I will put „too dated to handle“ in the ring

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

A-lister

Veteran
If Aidan ever wants any chance of representing Malta in the future he needs to drop the lawsuit now. Also if PBS has proof of warnings issued he has absolutely no case t get this overturned in my view.

He will never win against this corrupt broadcaster, obviously now he might even be boycotted by them but I think more and more people see how corrupt they are (as examples already mentioned here).

DanielLuis

I think the issue is that during the quarter-finals, the acts can't reveal their plans for their staging if they qualify to the semi-finals, and they can't also promote their entries via their own posts - apparently they can only repost the posts made by the official MESC account.

The reason for this I think is that all the 40 acts are under the same vote to qualify for the SF's, and the voting lasts throughout the entire 3 weeks that the quarter-finals shows took place. Which means that if acts in the first show started campaigning before the end of the broadcasts, they have a huge advantage. Not entirely sure about this though.

So, it's been stated that Aidan was told repeatedly by the broadcaster to take down the posts before the DQ, and he refused. Also, the posts made by other contestants that people have been talking about here, were actually just reposts of the MESC page, which is ok via their rules.

Are the rules incredibly stupid and the whole format of the NF ridiculous? Yes, yes they are. But he broke the rules of the competition he signed up for, and he refused to comply when warned, so he fully deserves the DQ.

Top Bottom