Contact us

Malta MALTA 2023 - The Busker - Dance (Our Own Party)

How do you rate this entry?

11 8.4%

14 10.7%

19 14.5%

19 14.5%

13 9.9%

17 13.0%

12 9.2%

11 8.4%

6 4.6%

4 3.1%

5 3.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
If "Impressively lame" were a thing, Jason Sherry would be it, true. :love:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
So artists cannot promote their entries to their fans, encourage fans to watch, anything like that...I have to wonder what counts as "promotion." A backstage selfie? A link to your song? Honestly, I won't miss Aiden from a quality standpoint, but he's been well and truly screwed here. And wasn't he the favorite to win?

I dunno when exactly Malta went from "lovable bless underdog" to "desperate and unlikable mess," but it happened in record time.

I bims

Veteran
Aidan disqualified from MESC 2023

Ouch...
I like Aidan, gay icon, but his song this year wasn't it anyway.

Hope he will try again... or is allowed to try again 😬

This now all nicely lays out a clear pathway for Jason Scerri's victory. I watch on with excitement.

It's giving

Mainshow

Veteran
This is so effing ridiculous.

Getting disqualified for promoting your own song on your own socials in the 21st century.

I can fully understand that artist aren't allowed to share any relevant information/their songs or snippet BEFORE the NF kicks off but this is absolutely pathetic.
It's like the Maltese delegation tries to shield away all benefits of the Internet/social media which have been used all around the world for a decade or two.

Looren

Veteran
What quality song?! Surely you don't mean THIS

If THIS passes for quality nowadays, we might as well hand the crown to Wallaby Tatami right here and now.

Oh lord I haven't seen the full version, just the snippet was the only one I remembered from the 40 others

Well the song itself sounds nice, especially the chorus (love the regina-nanana parts) but man he sings it so badly

Nevermind then :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
... and the Maltese selection is rigged once AGAIN

I am not sure why Malta is flying under the radar all the time when it comes to fans scrutiny, alot of people talk about "rigged selections" in Ukraine, Romania, Moldova and other places, but we can just look at Malta as a prime example.

Remember this is the country which has rigged winners who can change their so called "winning entries" as they please (as it was never about the entries anyways)... I rest my case.

#justice4aidan AGAIN!

HarryUK

Has it occurred to anyone that Malta simply don't want to win :LOL:

HarryUK

... and the Maltese selection is rigged once AGAIN

I am not sure why Malta is flying under the radar all the time when it comes to fans scrutiny, alot of people talk about "rigged selections" in Ukraine, Romania, Moldova and other places, but we can just look at Malta as a prime example.

Remember this is the country which has rigged winners who can change their so called "winning entries" as they please (as it was never about the entries anyways)... I rest my case.

#justice4aidan AGAIN!
This is also the same country who were bribed by Azerbaijan for points not so long ago!

I bims

Veteran
Has it occurred to anyone that Malta simply don't want to win :LOL:
The odd thing is they really desperatly want to win. The amount of money they throw at their preselections is insane. Or when they kept betting a shit ton of money on themselves so Destiny would get a lot of press coverage as the favourite to win.

Should've bought Emma a better song.

A-lister

Veteran
The odd thing is they really desperatly want to win. The amount of money they throw at their preselections is insane. Or when they kept betting a shit ton of money on themselves so Destiny would get a lot of press coverage as the favourite to win.

I know right? That was just insane, the whole attempt at manipulating the odds :lol:

I mean sure we had winners in Eurovision that bought their wins (hello russia and Azerbaijan), so I guess Malta didn't go that far (probably would be too costly), but still...

HarryUK

I actually really liked Emma's original song! They're being chaotic but not in a fun way :(

Iker

Veteran
Why people even bother to follow and watch this shitshow being so invested in it? With multiple cases of winning songs being swapped, the general impression of things being fixed and that general miserable quality of songs in the preselections?

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Why people even bother to follow and watch this shitshow being so invested in it? With multiple cases of winning songs being swapped, the general impression of things being fixed and that general miserable quality of songs in the preselections?
People like drama xqueenbitch

esc87fan

Let's not forget 2019 when they inserted Michela's song as an ad in every other video in order to boost her view count

Mainshow

Veteran
It´s getting more ridiculous.

Promoting your song was fine until the announcement of the quarterfinalists? So technically, if Aidan had posted about his performance BEFORE the announcement of the first quarter finalists, he wouldn´t have been eliminated?

What´s the point? - Everyone has heard each track - all songs got performed... people reading Aidan´s posts are the same ones who would have probably voted for him anway (since they follow his socials).

Also, MALTA speaking of "integrity" after letting winners of that "fair competition" change their songs shortly after they won is kind of a reach.

Top Bottom