So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinch

But i really hate this behavior. Malta looks way too desperate to win. They should be more like Benny "you don't have to vote for me, unless you like my song" Cristo.
You compare Malta with Czech Republic? Malta is one of the strongest candidates for the victory while CR won't even be in the final.
No offense, Benny is adorable but their efforts can't be comparable.

soulm8

Changing my votes. Sorry Malta, It’s 0 from me.
Plus nobody made her perform again! She was totally fine, bur of course they had something else in mind.

mauve

Veteran
You compare Malta with Czech Republic? Malta is one of the strongest candidates for the victory while CR won't even be in the final.
No offense, Benny is adorable but their efforts can't be comparable.
It's the behaviour that Escgeek was refering to. And in fact, Benny is the way better choice. Additionally, I don't like Malta's song, Benny's song is waaaay better. xqueenbitch

MopManMoss

Veteran
She is obviously very impressive vocally but I just cant get behind the song, the message especially doesnt seem to suit her shes 18 and we've been in a pandemic nearly a year and a half where has she been having men putting drinks in her hand

mauve

Veteran
She is obviously very impressive vocally but I just cant get behind the song, the message especially doesnt seem to suit her shes 18 and we've been in a pandemic nearly a year and a half where has she been having men putting drinks in her hand
Apparently she doesn't take the Corona rules seriously. That can be the only answer. :ROFLMAO:

Grinch

It's the behaviour that Escgeek was refering to. And in fact, Benny is the way better choice. Additionally, I don't like Malta's song, Benny's song is waaaay better. xqueenbitch
When you are one of the favorites, you'd do whatever it takes to climp up. I mean why would Benny bother doing anything? He is just there to have fun.

And I like both songs btw, just being realistic.

mauve

Veteran
When you are one of the favorites, you'd do whatever it takes to climp up. I mean why would Benny bother doing anything? He is just there to have fun.

And I like both songs btw, just being realistic.
But there is still a difference HOW to behave, The way Destiny and her team behave looks so desperate. They try to ingratiate themselves. I for my part don't like such behaviour.

Grinch

But there is still a difference HOW to behave, The way Destiny and her team behave looks so desperate. They try to ingratiate themselves. I for my part don't like such behaviour.
They are just paying for personalized ads on social media. What's wrong with that? xcry

midnightsun

Veteran

I agree here. Though I have my concerns with Malta‘s aggressive advertising themselves and I think #1 in the betting odds is exaggerated I actually like her, her voice and also the song to an extent. It’s not in my top 10 but in my top 15 and I‘m listening to it on a regular basis.

HOW-EV-VA! (Why do I have Wiwi William‘s voice in mind? :ROFLMAO: - no shade I love him) I agree the lyrics do not really suit her or at least make me uncomfortable. Especially given she seemed like she was feeling uncomfortable during her first rehearsals. I wasn’t feeling her self-confidence at all, like she wouldn’t believe what she was singing about.

People were criticizing Kristian Kostov for the lyrics too. A 16 year old singing about an unswerving relationship. But he was more convincing (and I‘m not saying this because it was my #1 that year hehe).

EscGeek

Veteran
They are just paying for personalized ads on social media. What's wrong with that? xcry
The whole point of personalized ads it that they're...personalized. Meaning only people who know a lot about the upcoming eurovision will get them. That defeats the purpose of trying to recrute new fans to vote for you. Maltese ad above literally looks like a user manual. It's almost insulting.

I understand the marketing department is just doing their job, and i'm sure Malta isn't alone in this. (I saw somewhere on this forum that Iceland did the same thing, but the vibe i was getting from them was different (not as competitive).

Shadowfuxcs

The staging actually looks good. I compared it to "She got me" before but this one is more dynamic with more memorable moments and Destiny seems to have a lisp when singing live which adds a tad more personality that is not there in the studio version. However I don't like how they abused the backing track during the drop where the "Je me casse" parts and some moments where she is pretending to laugh are very obviously lipsynch. I don't get the need to do it for the least vocally demanding part of the song. Overall it is a solid top 5 contender.

Brandt

I mean, using the exact sentence "Your vote would mean the world to me" screams asking for a favor. :D It is okay when charities go with such motto, but when you're in a competition, you can't just ask for votes because "they mean the world to you" lol

Chorizo

Malta's concept for 2021: Let's do what Netta did three years ago but without the catchy chorus.
I wasn't a fan of the original and this isn't getting any more love from me either. It's not as trashy as Netta was but it's an utterly uncreative entry that fails to be musically outstanding. Just having a message isn't enough and having the exact same message as the winner from three years ago is making things only worse. 0 points for being a copycat.

Top Bottom