So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran

i really am afraid that it won’t do particularly well with the public and poor Malta hasn’t got any friends whatsoever

I actually think we forget certain other factors in the public vote (other than personal taste in music and hype, the latter being far more apparent these days due to the era we live in), and maybe not as influential but still existing we have next to diaspora and bloc voting something I'd call "association" vote, it could be either political association with countries that are strong allies but not necessarily neighbors (like Serbia and Russia for instance), but alot of people from all over Europe associates with countries like Malta and Cyprus due to the simple fact that they are big tourist destinations so people can feel nostalgic towards these places or have other sentiments to them which can help somewhat in the public vote so they are not lost cases.

Although, I would still argue that putting diaspora, bloc and "association"-vote aside, I still think these days the majority vote simply for the song they like the most and the performance that leaves the biggest impression on them. Sure, it always gives an extra push to have the other as well but it's not like that alone will hand you the victory (plus juries too of course). Also hype helps, if an entry manages to go viral before the contest (or being talked about alot) (which I think was the case with both Portugal 2017 and Israel 2018), then it also helps alot. Although, we should not mix up local hype (Sweden and Norway) with cross-border hype, there is sometimes a delusion among locals that if they send a big act or something that was talked about alot inside the country this will transfer abroad, which isn't necessarily going to happen.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Best display for Malta since... ever? I absolutely loved We No Speak Americano, I love this. It's a simple logic.

Preuss

She signed with Sony so they might perhaps be willing to invest in her performance

Citelis

It seems that so many people (including themselves) are so sure that this will fail in televoting.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It won't "fail" in the televote. I don't see how a "Je me casse" would do poorly in itself, as long as it's sold well. Malta just need to not push *too* hard with their ~amazing woke concept~ though, as overstaging has proven their downfall before.

Not like it matters, France are winning this year, I think.

Preuss

Sacha Jean-Baptiste is doing their staging so god knows what happens

imagined if it completely flopped
#destinedforgreatness

Citelis

She won't fail on televoting but the points won't be enough for winning as odds say.

Loindici

Veteran
I don't think Malta is chanceless on getting a good result. I remember that two of Malta's best placements are gained through televoting alone and if conditions permit the same thing could happen to Destiny as well.

I just think that when you compare JMC to these two silver-medalists, I don't think it will do as well. Heck, I'd argue both 7th Wonder and Angel are both organically likeable, while I can't say the same for JMC. If all this hype for JMC will result in a realistic disappointment, I won't be surprised.

#DestinedForGreatness

revallsay

Destiny - Je Me Casse - Malta

What happened here? I love her previous song, but this one is too much, there is too much going on and I can't focus on one thing. The sax part is too overrated (and as I said about german song, i feel it too late with a trend). And it is a copy of Netta, another song about girl power, imo songs are alike. Destiny has a great voice and she proved it many times. It is a let down for me. I wish she sent a different song, because I cheered for her.

2/12

Last edited:

titityy

I keep skipping this on my ESC playlist which is a shame, because I adore Destiny and her voice. Sadly, I find the song and its lyrics just somehow annoying. There are good parts there, but also bad ones that ruin it for me 😔

i anixi

Many people do this , just to become conformists. Eurovision is based on first impressions!
It happened to me too. Maybe the song is not so instant as people are judging it to be. Might it be its downfall?

Iker

Veteran
Best display for Malta since... ever? I absolutely loved We No Speak Americano, I love this. It's a simple logic.
:mt: is close to being my least Eurovision country (their entries tend to be as unremarkable as it gets) and this is easily in their top 3 best entries ever.

Top Bottom