1 0.9%

5 4.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Malta-scaled.jpg

hugh

Malta, there was so much hype and you have delivered. :love:

Gorgeous song, Destiny's voice just shines in this and I'm so happy they have gone with a soul/pop song which is perfect for her.

And that high note near the end, xyaay

0scar

In this year this could definitely give Malta its first win
At least it is a BOP xheat

• Like It
Reactions: aef

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
they had that already it was called Arcade

Well..... true. What I meant though was more a song with not the very biggest of hype levels pulling through. I feel like we won't get another slow ballad, the eccentric trio (Lithuania, Iceland, Russia) will clash a bit and the other uptempo songs we have don't feel like winners at all. My guess at this point would be something like Denmark, and now maybe Malta, but then.... will the public go hard on this? They didn't for Ira Losco, and they don't seem to go crazy for these types of songs in general. They are always a jury push, or so it feels that way to me anyway.

opinionsigotem

Yeah I agree, another Ira-result where the juries go ham for it and the public is ambivalent is the likeliest scenario.

It's a strong effort but it feels like it could be by anyone. I hope there's more warmth in the live performance than this video suggests, why so serious, Des?

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK EVERYONE! here's our winner. Destiny will make it again I'm sure!

12 pts.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I just listened once, a super hit I love autoplayed next and now i've totally forgot Maltas entry x So that didn't go well.

So after a second listen I can definitely applaud the production and the quality of the song, I do enjoy it, but it doesn't set me alight or get me hyped. I don't think this is winning, I have to agree the juries will be probably getting moist over it and might even possibly put it 1st but i'm sure the televote will be just like... nah (although perhaps not as dramatic as Ira). She certainly has an amazing voice, and while I think this video washes her 'ray of sunshine' personality away, I do think she'll be able to deliver it live. I hope she does anyway, as that's her main selling point to draw people in. I just hope they don't make her look like some mid 20s sass queen and let her true self flourish.

I'll give this 7 points I think, but we have room for movement either way. Right now I like it, but I'm not drawn to listen again.

crashworld

Veteran
Destiny and The Mamas gonna split votes.

Agreed. Same semi and going to cancel our each other. I'm getting quite sick of all these gospel-inspired songs. If Sweden didn't send the Mamas, she could have at least have this type of song on her own. I mean can you imagine if both mamas and her qualify and then you have the Netherlands. God. It's like I'm going to church. I'm giving this a 5 just for Destiny's vocals alone. I'm left uninspired and bored.

EscGeek

Veteran
Now it's acceptable to say that Malta and Sweden can cancel each other out, right? :ROFLMAO:
At least Malta is way better, but nothing outstanding, so I'll give 6 in the poll.

I miss 2015 Destiny :(

aef

Wow, normally I'm no soul person at all but I'm really into this! REALLY! Her voice is so smooth and I like the "like a river running wild every brother mother child" part a lot. Great beat, great song progress too! This can go big, at least with the juries! A big :12: from me!

Guys, this is my new #1!

BorisBubbles

Veteran
"All my love" has to come top 2, right? First or second is the only place where this song can end up finishing. This is either a Dami or a blowout winner.

Hmm. I'm still in doubt where to put it on my list though. I quite like how everything comes together, but it also feels like a *very* calculated, cold, gamebotty effort. Destiny is like that Survivor contestant you see on every season: you know, the one who constantly talks about The Game and Their Strategy and says nothing about themselves. I want to hop on board or stan, there's an invisible, icy, impersonal barrier betwixt like and love that I can't seem to cross.

:7: points for now

aef

Oh this was written and composed by Symphonix? Okay how nice. Can we have them for :at: again next year please. Makes top 5 even more likely.

Uto

Veteran
Song isn’t great. They simply cocked up the drum parts. We know this genre, it’s on the radio quite often, but it has big beat loops for percussion. This one doesn’t and makes it sound off. I’m not impressed, maybe a second listen later on with headphones will help.

Top Bottom