5 4.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Malta-scaled.jpg

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
X Factor Malta is returning this year and I'm hoping that they will not use it again to pick the representative. I don't have an issue with the country selecting the entry internally, but you usually get a specific winner type, they are of a certain age and a specific style, meaning mainstream. I'd love for Malta to go with something that is a tad less mainstream and take a risk with a daring an interesting song. Janice Mangion' Kewkba comes to mind, that song was a masterpiece. But I have a feeling that since the managed to qualify this year, that they will use the same method.

Chameleon was fine but to me, i lacked soul and authenticity and was over-produced. But hey, I'm not holding my breath.

hijirio

Veteran
I honestly think Destiny Chukunyere could snatch the win with a decent song. Malta is a jury magnet country, with Destiny's vocals I see :mt: winning the jury and with a decent TV result they could actually make it.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I honestly think Destiny Chukunyere could snatch the win with a decent song. Malta is a jury magnet country, with Destiny's vocals I see :mt: winning the jury and with a decent TV result they could actually make it.

The folks in charge desperately want her to do Eurovision . Her parents are not in favor of her going at this point so we will have to probably wait until she is 18, unless they have a change of heart. I think it's for the better, but she got to experience this year from a less stressful perspective. They are prepping her so when the time comes, she is ready to impress. So it's not a question of if but when she is going to represent Malta.

hijirio

Veteran
The folks in charge desperately want her to do Eurovision . Her parents are not in favor of her going at this point so we will have to probably wait until she is 18, unless they have a change of heart. I think it's for the better, but she got to experience this year from a less stressful perspective. They are prepping her so when the time comes, she is ready to impress. So it's not a question of if but when she is going to represent Malta.

Wow I didn't know that much in detail but glad to know that she is going in that direction. At least she has some time to look for 'the song' and get more prepared mentally.
Providing back vocals for Michela was a great start for her.

Till then, they can just recycle their former JESC stars. They have been serving great material over there for the past 6 years.
Gaia Cauchi, Federica Falzon xheat xheat Too much hidden talent in that small island

Alaska49

i KNEW that they wanted her to fulfill The Prophecy of junior winner -> senior winner!!!!! i had given up that dream by now because destiny had sort of disappeared but i am overjoyed to know that it's because she has responsible parents that put her wellbeing first xheart i will diligently wait for her day to come

Preuss

If they send Destiny, I just hope for her sake that they can gather some more televote points! And not send her until she's 100% ready for it :D

Mainshow

Veteran
Malta almost won the Televoting back in 2005 and 2002.
They just need a strong entry and I'm pretty sure everything's possible... Especially with Destiny.... It might be even better for her to gain some more experience first.

Loindici

Veteran
Anyways, debanbloggs rumored that Brooke Borg is in a Symphonix songwriting camp and (of course, the usual) has possibility to be Malta's performer in 2020.

Loindici

Veteran
Speaking of JESC entrants...
1. Destiny: of course.
2. Gaia: now that she's eligible, and had more experience, she'd probably be ready in the near future.
3. Federica: if Malta wanted to shake things up and send a bit of opera, go with her.
And lastly and the less possible:
4. Daniel Testa: he's now a radio host for 89.7 Malta, but still got the voice, and also will be a pssible press darling, for both the looks and answering questions part.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Malta better have a great song ready, because I do NOT want them to send a mediocre one when they finally choose Destiny Chukunyere.

goldmayor

Emma Muscat could be a nice pick for Malta. Of course that would imply going back to an internal selection rather than using X Factor

ESC94

A question regarding the voting behaviour of Malta.

In the last years they always sent their :12: to :it:. Why is this the case?? Do the Maltese people generally like Italian music??

Mainshow

Veteran
A question regarding the voting behaviour of Malta.

In the last years they always sent their :12: to :it:. Why is this the case?? Do the Maltese people generally like Italian music??

I've stayed in Malta for 3 months (as part of my studying career).
Italian is a very popular language in the country, they have some Italians working in Malta.
Italian is still widely spoken across the island (I think it used to be an official language back in history as well). That's why Italian artists are quite known/well-received. Most Maltese have access to Italian TV, newspapers, media...
Il Volo even came to visit Malta to perform in a huge venue during my stay.

ESC94

I've stayed in Malta for 3 months (as part of my studying career).
Italian is a very popular language in the country, they have some Italians working in Malta.
Italian is still widely spoken across the island (I think it used to be an official language back in history as well). That's why Italian artists are quite known/well-received. Most Maltese have access to Italian TV, newspapers, media...
Il Volo even came to visit Malta to perform in a huge venue during my stay.

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you Mainshow!! :)

AlekS

Veteran
^

crXusKK.gif

I will start posting the live broadcast links soon. She restored my faith
GWuHTYI.jpg

We will see if Georgian auditions can top that next week.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom