15 9.7%

13 8.4%

10 6.5%

9 5.8%

1 0.6%

16 10.4%

• Total voters

HSV1887

I have got to admit, when it came down to the final qualifier, I really thought Malta was out. I really love the song, but for whatever reason, it completely loses it's spark as a live track. Prior to yesterday, I thought this had a chance to finish in the top 10. Now, I could see it land somewhere in the bottom 6 on Saturday. I really hope I am wrong, though.

DaFlo

Banned
I have got to admit, when it came down to the final qualifier, I really thought Malta was out. I really love the song, but for whatever reason, it completely loses it's spark as a live track. Prior to yesterday, I thought this had a chance to finish in the top 10. Now, I could see it land somewhere in the bottom 6 on Saturday. I really hope I am wrong, though.

this^^
I love the studio version and it was long time my #1, but that live performance was so weak :?

xDEWx

I don't know why people hate on this entry. She was fabulous on stage. I was very happy when finally Malta was announced as a qualifier (Iceland was not even half as great as Malta). "Walk On Water" is a real grower.

ESCada

I cannot believe that Eurovision blogs were cheering for this after watching it on stage and on the screens in the press center .... The performance didn't bring anything new and It wasn't creative at all ........ I like her, but she obviously isn't the best vocalist and sounded off-key and shaky throughout the whole performance. The song is good but in the studio version ..... LIVE it just doesn't POP.
I think this took the 9th-10th place out of the top 10 yesterday.

Scooby

Malta is somewhere on the middle of the road this year. I'm pretty indifferent to WOW

Milos-BC

Undeserved qualifier imo. The song is really bad and the performance is just meh...........I do like Ira but this doesn't work at all.

I think she will flop in the final and end up around 18th place.

ag89

Basically, with this heavy promotion Malta is new Azerbaijan this year.

So much drama around an ok song and ordinary, but totally ordinary staging.

Sammy

Veteran
I was actually surprised by her vocals. That was quite shaky and weak....

tuorem

She will probably be helped a lot by juries. If not, then she may bomb as her starting position isn't good at all imo.

Norway failed to qualify while being surrounded by the same "standout" songs of Ukraine and Georgia, and I guess the Maltese song and performance aren't memorable enough to survive this "sandwich". :? As I read the draw, it seems like it's been used as a filler between two striking songs.

MyHeartIsYours

Very overrated (I've been guilty of overrating it in the past too) - the song isn't bad, it's just not anywhere close to the majority of songs in the final. In 2008, Malta sent "Vodka" to face off against very similar acts singing great songs like "Shady Lady" and "Hero". This year it is basically repeated, they send "Walk On Water" to face off against "LoveWave" and "Sound of Silence" - not a recipe for success if you ask me.

Final Verdict
:mt:
4 points
Position I want: 20th
Position I think: 21st

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
How much did our jury pay Malta then for that 12. :rolleyes::twisted::cool:

GWTW1939

How much did our jury pay Malta then for that 12. :rolleyes::twisted::cool:

Not money but 12 points to the UK in exchange for the UK giving Ira 12 in return :mrgreen:

But since you clearly stabbed them in the back and didn't follow your end of the deal.......

angelique-boyer-cachetadas-10.gif

you're guaranteed to get NOTHING next year now ;)

Edward

Deserved a bit more (top 10 worthy for sure). Best Maltese entry in a long time by far. Really grew on me and won me over throughout the week.

Ira is pure class.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Not money but 12 points to the UK in exchange for the UK giving Ira 12 in return :mrgreen:

But since you clearly stabbed them in the back and didn't follow your end of the deal.......

angelique-boyer-cachetadas-10.gif

you're guaranteed to get NOTHING next year now ;)

That's what I said straight after our jury votes. Malta will never forget this treachery, and 0 next year is a certainty. :lol:

Terence

12th (or joint 11th to be optimistic) is a better result than I expected! Well done to us.
As always, televoting screwed us up. It's a matter of taste of course and I'm not saying we deserved better or worse but we just struggle with televote.

As for the performance, I think she has done a better job last night. She made us proud xheart

JimmyJump

Man, she has great tits...

Carrie

She ruined the performance by touching her belly. Gosh! Still got a vote from me but that was a cringeworthy moment.

alca

^ I said the same thing about the belly. This was SO UNNECESSARY! But I still adore the song! I was expecting her to flop in the televoting but not so badly! At least she finished at a good spot!

Dessi

Why is touching ones belly cringeworthy??? :?

Top Bottom