43 19.2%

• Total voters

CPV4931

Re: MALTA 2012

nice :-)

It´s time for Chiara again...

Charly

Valletta, Malta - Maltese broadcaster PBS have published the rules and regulations for the selection of their entry to compete in the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku, Azerbaijan. Further details have also been released about the selection process itself.

Glen Vella won the 2011 Maltese national selection with the song One Life, and only narrowly missed out on qualifying for the Final of Europe's Favourite TV Show by a solitary point.

In 2012, Malta are aiming to reach the Final for the first time since 2009, and a brief summary of the rules are as follows :-

Authors and composers of songs do not need to be Maltese, however the lead artist needs to be Maltese or hold dual citizenship, one of which must be Maltese.
Artists may compete with more than one song, however they cannot have more than two songs in the final phases
The organisers reserve the right to allow wildcard entries in the selection process
The last five winners of the Maltese national final are not allowed to compete, this means that Olivia Lewis, Morena, Chiara, Thea Garrett and Glen Vella cannot participate
The national final will take place on 27th and 28th January 2012
Three phases for selection
Phase 1 will involve the submission of entries by CD to the organisers, a jury will decide which songs progress to phase 2. There is no limit on the number of songs which can progress. The closing date for submissions will be 21st October 2011.

Phase 2 will comprise of all of the songs which made it from phase 1 being performed live in front of the jury panel. The panel will select the 24 songs which will contest the final phase.

Phase 3 will see 24 songs whittled down to 16 in a semi final show on 27th January. The final 16 songs will be performed in the national final on 28th January, where the winner will be selected by a mix of jury and televoting.

The composers, authors and singers of the winning song will receive prize money totalling 7500 Euros, with the runners up receiving 5000 Euros and third place 2500 Euros.

Charly

PBS has begun accepting submissions for the upcoming Malta Eurosong competition in Gwardamangia, Malta. The offices of the Public Broadcasting Services has opened for artists, composers and producers to submit their material to PBS. Submissions are being accepted from 9:00 until 12:00 and then additionally from 14:00 until 16:00 local time.

Partner site ESCflashmalta.com confirmed planned submissions from several artists including former Eurosong stars; Aldo Busuttil, Isabelle Zammit, Petra Zammit and Amber plus two time Eurovision Song Contest representative Fabrizio Faniello.

The date and venue is yet to be confirmed but PBS is considering an earlier organisation of the contest which could take place on the 27th and the 28th January 2012. This would be the earliest production of Eurosong since 2008.

A-lister

Veteran

no please! enough! though she is a great singer...

Agree... no more Chiara cheese!

And to be frank she's not even THAT good of a singer either.

I liked her first entry though, then it all went downhill by each entry.

I hope we will get something more hmm... interesting? genuine? by Malta for a change.

Malta happens to always be a little too much on the cheesy side for my taste.

CPV4931

A-lister

Veteran

I wonder what cheesy dated entry we will get this time around :mrgreen:

And again not a single title in Maltese... they must really hate their own language.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

The 24 entries that will compete in the Malta Eurovision Song Contest 2012 will be revealed early next month. The Maltese selection will continue on 27th January when a semi-final will take place and sixteen songs will qualify to the final scheduled for the following day.

Today, the second phase of the selection took place and 62 entries performed infront of a jury behind closed doors. The jury chose 24 songs that will participate in the semi-final which will be televised on Friday 27th January. Malta will choose for the next Eurovision Song Contest on 28th January when sixteen entries qualified from the previous night will compete for the ticket to Baku. The winner of the Maltese selection will be decided by a panel of six judges and the public vote which is equivalent to a two jury member.

Amongst the artists who competed in today’s second phase there were Fabrizio Faniello who represented Malta twice and Ludwig Galea. Galea represented Malta along with Julie Zahra in 2004. In the semi-final every singer can compete with up to two songs but in the final each artist will participate with one entry.

Next year Malta will select upon its 25th representative in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Source

Simon87

The ones we shall see in the semi final are (in alphabetical order):
Amber - Answer With Your Eyes
Anna Azzopardi - Still Waiting
Annalise Ellul - Whoop It Up!
Claudia Faniello - Pure
Corazon Mizzi - Mystifying Eyes
Danica Muscat - 7 Days
Deborah C feat. Leila James - You Make Me Go Uh Uh
Dorothy Bezzina - Autobiography
Eleanor Cassar - I Want To Run Away
Fabrizio Faniello - I Will Fight For You (Papa’s Song)
Francesca Borg - Take Me Far
Gianni Zammit - Petals On A Rose
Isabelle Zammit - Walk On Water
Janice Mangion - While Her Eyes Still Glow
Janvil - You Are My Life
Jessica Muscat - Dance Romance
Kaya - First Time
Klinsmann - No Way Back
Kurt Calleja - This Is The Night
Lawrence Gray - In Your Eyes
Nadine Bartolo - Can’t Get Away
Richard Edward - Look At Me Now
Romina Mamo - DNA
Wayne Micallef - Time

lowyby

My top 10:

Jessica Muscat - Dance Romance
Wayne Micallef - Time
Dorothy Bezzina - Autobiography
Fabrizio Faniello - I Will Fight For You (Papa's Song)
Danica Muscat - 7 Days
Claudia Faniello - Pure
Amber - Answer With Your Eyes
Romina Mamo - DNA
Lawsrence Gray - In Your Eyes
Deboral C Feat. Leila - You Make Me Go Uh Uh

CPV4931

Some nice songs, but also many songs, I don´t like. Here are my current top 5:
1. Eleanor Cassar - I want to run away
2. Romina Mamo - DNA
3. Fabrizio Faniello - I will fight for you
4. Jessica Muscat - Dance romance
5. Deborah C feat. Leila James - You make me go uh uh

sannerz

I remember last year, my favorite song was by Jessica Muscat, but this year I'm too lazy to listen through all the songs right now.

Top Bottom