WV138 - S1DaliAngellina13th (58 pts)<- robbedUto
WV139 - S1Duster NamakhwaChidyamakanda12th (63 pts)28th (35 pts)Uto
WV140 - S1Drew MoyoBayete21st (44 pts)N/AUto
WV141 - S1LuzioImagine Me7th (70 pts)17th (101 pts)Uto

Last edited by a moderator:

Uto

Veteran
Ready for Malawian experimental bops
Yeah so far I don't think Malawi is big on experiments, but I've found a good amount of competent songs and it looks as though this run could stretch to like 20 songs. I do imagine I will want to take a break somewhere half-way and do a quick trio in Iran or the Neds or something and then get back to Malawi.

Uto

Veteran
WV137
Malawi

The Very Best
Let Go

Uto

Veteran
Ok so I looked around a bit to see what this song could possibly be about and it turns out there is a massive discussion in Malawi about this law that is commonly dubbed the Chidyamakanda Law. This is pretty much solely about the age of marriage for girls and given that Malawi is really a very conservative and religious country it's a difficult topic. Public seems to want the age raised to 18 (it's 14 now), then there's this compromise on the table at 16, but there are also those who just want it at 14 because someone has to take care of these girls and what better way than to marry right? Important in this discussion is that the morals of the country kind of imply that this age is also the age of consent, this has to be be taken into consideration.

So, a chidyamakanda I've found is basically an older guy who kind of tricks these young impressionable girls into having intercourse with them. Again, there are massive complications, as it's usually done without protection, HIV is very common and there's this common myth that laying with a virgin cures HIV. I swear I'm not making this up, people can be catastrophically stupid, especially when churches run the place, so yeah it's all a massive shitfest. Now, I have no idea on what side we should place our boy Duster here, but it sounds like a protest song and therefore we should probably assume this song is protesting the chidyamakanda's of Malawi.

None of this explains the video clip.

Uto

Veteran
WV140
Malawi

Drew Moyo
Bayete

Uto

Veteran
Next edition I'll go back to Iran. Malawi has been good to me, scoring 3 qualifications in 5 attempts. It's been a great ride and I might return at some point to show some more material I've amassed. I hope you all had a good time with the offerings from Malawi.

Top Bottom