Contact us

Luxembourg LUXEMBOURG 2023 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

AlekS

Veteran
My guess is they already want to hype the public (in Luxembourg) and they need more Western countries if they plan on continuing televote only finals. Scandinavia and Eastern Europeans are avid voters when it comes to their neighbour states. :sneaky:

*Checks if tectonic plates have shifted*
Nope. Italy, Israel, Iceland, Czechia, Portugal, Finland, The UK, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Denmark are not our neighbours still xrofl:lol:

The top-5 of Ukrainian televoting in our recent participations:

2017: :md::pt::by:(a song in Belarusian that sounded like Ukrainian) :se::fr:
2018: :il::cz::dk::fr::md:
2021: :it::lt::fi::ch::is:
2022: :pl::lt::is::uk::md:

We were the only country that awarded 24 points to Italy 2021.

Last edited:

Betwixt Tales

My guess is they already want to hype the public (in Luxembourg) and they need more Western countries if they plan on continuing televote only finals. Scandinavia and Eastern Europeans are avid voters when it comes to their neighbour states. :sneaky:
People of similar/neighboring countries often have similar tastes/cultures, so it's really not such a strange thing that neighbor-votes happen. It simply is what it is.

popavapeur

Lux is more french speaking than anything, so very close to Belgium the RTBF years and maybe France. If Monaco comes back, I feel like France will be more than happy.

Chalphon

People of similar/neighboring countries often have similar tastes/cultures, so it's really not such a strange thing that neighbor-votes happen. It simply is what it is.
And also to some extent share the music scene with artists beeing popular in the neighbouring countries as well. It's not corruption, it is what it is like you said...

Top Bottom