Contact us

Lombardy

BernadetteCydonia

And so I end my stay at Lombardy with yet another NQ, which at least was a lot closer to qualification unlike the last two! Really did not expect to end everything right here right now, I even had longer term plans if SwedishFailurez were to take it in for more than one edition; because there was this artist from Lombardy that duetted an artist from another region who I wanted to send but can't because he's not the one from Lombardy, and I would've sent them to a January-based edition because yes.
But it has to end this way simply because in an unexpected twist of things Italy went missing from the roster while I was still playing for Lombardy! And it's not to say SwedishFailurez didn't do a good job with it because his only entry for Italy at least qualified... when I had played for one time for British Columbia I didn't even vote and I failed to qualify all the same. And what an amazing one song did SwedishFailurez send, that was "Sale" by Ulisse Schiavo ❤️

And while I pack my bags to move on to Italy all by myself (figuratively), I'll be just thankful to everyone who voted for Lombardy in general; all the votes for Enula that got her to the final; all the votes for Eugenio in Via di Gioia & Elio that didn't get them out of the last place of the semi but still were fun to receive; and all the votes for Pinguini Tattici Nucleari and Verdena that weren't enough to qualify but still are appreciated.

I'll just straight up go and say that "Luna" is my favourite Lombardy entry and it makes me think back to my annoying Placebo stanning era, and sometimes I imagine Placebo themselves singing that song, even if it's a little too slow paced and in lack of lyrics for a typical Placebo song :lol: but my imagination do be like that. Also there's not a whole lot of Italian alt rock that I found in other countries' scenes and "Luna" is at least what I can really think of pure unfiltered Italian alt rock that takes me back to the days when I listened to lots of British and American alt rock because I loved it so much. "Luna" would've been a wonderful addition to that for me.

And I'm not even mad it NQ'd, I just wanted to send it to see how many people would appreciate it the same way that I do. And there were quite a few, so again, thanks for that.

p.s.:

Already posted this on the Semifinal threads but I just want to remind it of you once more if you actually do read threads. X Factor Italia 2022 was an experience I only got drawn into further because one of my current favourite bands went on to it; and while I was discovering them, I was also discovering a lot of Italian classics along the way; which I might share when I have the country properly in my hands. ;)

BernadetteCydonia

2560px-Flag_of_Lombardy.svg.png

WELCOME to LOMBARDY'S official WV thread!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official results of me

Official results of Lombardy

sends how I forgot to update the official results for Lombardy and made sure I didn't use an idiotic image storing site which closed down last year. lol oh well, was always gonna remake the results pictures anyway

Top Bottom