Contact us

Live from Vienna - As it happened

GWTW1939

Re: Live from Vienna - EUROVISION 2015 TONIGHT

The snowflake is her fault because she insisted on having it in her performance, she is therefore responsible for it....nobody forced it on her to have it. What happened hurt the performance and while it would be silly for it to lose the jury vote based on that alone the fact she appeared to take no hit in her marks is pretty crazy...especially considering Serbia was really solid as well xshrug

No matter how people try and spin it its crazy the jury had the ability to overturn a landside 80+ televoting win into a 70+ deficit 3rd place loss xshrug It clearly shows there is something wrong with the current system. If it had been the 09-12 system and the loss was a smaller margin then it would be more acceptable.

SuperGirl

The snowflake is her fault because she insisted on having it in her performance, she is therefore responsible for it....nobody forced it on her to have it. What happened hurt the performance and while it would be silly for it to lose the jury vote based on that alone the fact she appeared to take no hit in her marks is pretty crazy...especially considering Serbia was really solid as well xshrug

No matter how people try and spin it its crazy the jury had the ability to overturn a landside 80+ televoting win into a 70+ deficit 3rd place loss xshrug It clearly shows there is something wrong with the current system. If it had been the 09-12 system and the loss was a smaller margin then it would be more acceptable.

Well, a camera can be broken, ear plugs can be broken, lights can be broken, ect ect. Smoke from the from the performance before can disturb. Is it the artist wrong too??? Shit can happen but still the song, performance can be amazing other than that shit.

But about Italy I have heard they sung very bad in jury final. That needs jury take notice of especially in a opera.

Vera

Jury! Jury! Jury!...Bla, bla bla...
Supergirl, perhaps you are the member of the jury ?xrofl3
Yeap, all singers in jury final were bad, all except Sweden.
I admit.

GWTW1939

Set the record straight:

The only ones who said Italy sounded bad during the jury rehearsal are two sites that clearly disliked Il Volo from the start. They said they disliked the song, disliked pop-opera and were mystified at the song's popularity. They clearly had an axe to grind. Now everybody is using them as "the true word" to excuse the fishy jury result :rolleyes: Everybody else said they sounded great and that it should have been a contender to win the jury vote!

SuperGirl

Set the record straight:

The only ones who said Italy sounded bad during the jury rehearsal are two sites that clearly disliked Il Volo from the start. They said they disliked the song, disliked pop-opera and were mystified at the song's popularity. They clearly had an axe to grind. Now everybody is using them as "the true word" to excuse the fishy jury result :rolleyes: Everybody else said they sounded great and that it should have been a contender to win the jury vote!

Maybe that had right? Who are you to comment that when you weren't there. Maybe those site have right since both San Remo juries and ESC juries didn't like them that much?

GWTW1939

Krishoes already explained why Sanremo juries should not be taken seriously.

I seriously doubt only 2 bloggers were correct and everybody else was wrong. Especially when those two made it well known they were against the entry to start with. After seeing them perform countless times I have yet to encounter a single performance that could be used to justify such a poor showing. I don't think they would suddenly fall apart into a tuneless mess, especially with their training. At worst they are like Polina, not completely perfect but still far better then most xshrug

Mii11

Well it didn't happen so why specaulate about it? What about 2011??? The televoting won over the jury fave Italy. Next year maybe this will happen again.

This is why I think this jury system is so exciting! Only televoting or 70/30 would be pretty boring because diaspora, the impact of running order ect.

WELL DONE JURIES!!!!

Yes, it is indeed exciting! :rolleyes: It is exciting that we know the winner before the results are in - juries vote are not at all predictable and that's why bookies get the result wrong every single year. Why bother with tele voting then - if 100% jury voting would be even more exciting. It will save people's money. What is more, there will be no more songs such as 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' winning the contest - instead we will get more wonderful similar sounding songs in English language from every country. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't know what you mean by 'exciting' voting. If impact of running order was that big, Turkey would not have won in 2003. And I do not think that Greece or Finland won because of diaspora. I think every single winner (except for Russia 2008) before introducing juries was rather fair - and the results of televoting would not have big impact on winners in years 2009-2014 even without juries. I do not understand your arguments.

SuperGirl

Yes, it is indeed exciting! :rolleyes: It is exciting that we know the winner before the results are in - juries vote are not at all predictable and that's why bookies get the result wrong every single year. Why bother with tele voting then - if 100% jury voting would be even more exciting. It will save people's money. What is more, there will be no more songs such as 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' winning the contest - instead we will get more wonderful similar sounding songs in English language from every country. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't know what you mean by 'exciting' voting. If impact of running order was that big, Turkey would not have won in 2003. And I do not think that Greece or Finland won because of diaspora. I think every single winner (except for Russia 2008) before introducing juries was rather fair - and the results of televoting would not have big impact on winners in years 2009-2014 even without juries. I do not understand your arguments.

Of course there exceptions. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Well is Sweden had bomb in the televoting then results had been different. So no juries don't decide anything. Sweden was 3rd in tele voting and 1st in jury voting. Italy 1st in televoting but only 6th in jury voting. That's simple good enough.

Exciting as the song needs to do well with BOTH juries and televoting. Without juries I actually think more countries will focus in the show than now to make an impact on the viewers. Do you really think Finland would have won if they didn't have those monster costumes? With televoting we will see a ESC as circus.

Odalis

coughwhat??cough
Sooooo if one of these huge ceiling lamps falls down and kills a performer it'll be a performer's fault because he/she chose to be seen instead of singing in the darkness? xrofl3
Or if a mic turns off in the middle of a performance it's going to be a performer's fault cause he/she chose to sing in a mic instead of going old school and just scream to the audience?
Soooo performers just have to stand still without moving, no props (god forbid they just fall on your head), no platforms (god forbid you fall off it), no high heels (god forbid you stumble), no tight suits (god forbid it cracks right in your crotch area), no dancing in tight suits (god forbid it cracks in your crotch area cause of all these moves).
That's the most ridiculous things i've heard for the past few days and it's a record to be beaten.

Fluke

Re: Live from Vienna - JURY FINAL TONIGHT

Austria has mathematically won the fake voting :lol:
This time the hosts said that it was no longer possible to catch Austria, but the vote continued immediately after.

That's rather ironic considered what actually happened in the final... :geek:

SuperGirl

coughwhat??cough
Sooooo if one of these huge ceiling lamps falls down and kills a performer it'll be a performer's fault because he/she chose to be seen instead of singing in the darkness? xrofl3
Or if a mic turns off in the middle of a performance it's going to be a performer's fault cause he/she chose to sing in a mic instead of going old school and just scream to the audience?
Soooo performers just have to stand still without moving, no props (god forbid they just fall on your head), no platforms (god forbid you fall off it), no high heels (god forbid you stumble), no tight suits (god forbid it cracks right in your crotch area), no dancing in tight suits (god forbid it cracks in your crotch area cause of all these moves).
That's the most ridiculous things i've heard for the past few days and it's a record to be beaten.

Gosh, you are just BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Yeah from now all performers should stand still. Or else it's there fault if something bad happens.

GWTW1939

coughwhat??cough

Sorry but none of your comparisons are close to the same thing xshrug

Odalis

Gosh, you are just BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Yeah from now all performers should stand still. Or else it's there fault if something bad happens.

I know, right? :lol:

I'll even go forthermore with this logic.
Let's reveal who's exactly to blame for that snowflake thing. Loreen? No.
Why? Because contestants put on a show to WIN FREAKING PUBLIC VOTES.
People want a show.
They want something spectacular on stage.
If it wasn't for the public contestants would just sit in chairs singing their songs, all relaxed, not bothering.
But they are whipping their own asses for PUBLIC.
So it's US to blame for all these stage failures.
Should public get some punishment for this snowflake incident? Hell yeah.
What punishment? Hmmm how about dismissing all their votes and letting Sweden win over their beloved Italy xrofl3

Odalis

Sorry but none of your comparisons are close to the same thing xshrug

Platforms, props (snowflakes, shoulder cats, wind machines, confetti), no?

GWTW1939

Platforms, props (snowflakes, shoulder cats, wind machines, confetti), no?

Your example are more like ice melting in the middle of a skaters performance and they sink in it or the clay melting and preventing a tennis player from properly moving. That's on the hands of the organizers not the athlete just like the hand microphones and ceiling lamps are the responsibility of the hosts not the performers.

Loreen tried to go for a quad and fell, she tried to serve an ace but missed. Her snowflakes were the quad and ace and she missed so she should still get the credit for it just because it looked great? She took the personal risk and it didn't fully pay off that one time. It definitely should not cost her the jury win or anything but it disrupted the performance and that should have counted as something.

lacrymea

Without juries I actually think more countries will focus in the show than now to make an impact on the viewers. Do you really think Finland would have won if they didn't have those monster costumes? With televoting we will see a ESC as circus.

Oh, the irony of this argument...

Odalis

Your example are more like ice melting in the middle of a skaters performance and they sink in it or the clay melting and preventing a tennis player from properly moving. That's on the hands of the organizers not the athlete just like the hand microphones and ceiling lamps are the responsibility of the hosts not the performers.

Loreen tried to go for a quad and fell, she tried to serve an ace but missed. Her snowflakes were the quad and ace and she missed so she should still get the credit for it just because it looked great? She took the personal risk and it didn't fully pay off that one time. It definitely should not cost her the jury win or anything but it disrupted the performance and that should have counted as something.

I repeat: "Platforms, props (snowflakes, shoulder cats, wind machines, confetti), no?"
Confetti, snowflakes, platforms, glass cubes? Any props you can think of? I'm not even talking about mics and lamps now, i was exeggerating, i'm talking about things delegations choose to have on stage, most of these things they bring with them.
I ask again, should they choose to bring nothing so no shit happens?
In your words, juries have to punish them for trying to entertain the audience and make a show interesting in case something goes wrong with the stuff they have on stage? Seriously? xfaint

GWTW1939

I repeat: "Platforms, props (snowflakes, shoulder cats, wind machines, confetti), no?"
Confetti, snowflakes, platforms, glass cubes? Any props you can think of? I'm not even talking about mics and lamps now, i was exeggerating, i'm talking about things delegations choose to have on stage, most of these things they bring with them.
I ask again, should they choose to bring nothing so no shit happens?
In your words, juries have to punish them for trying to entertain the audience and make a show interesting in case something goes wrong with the stuff they have on stage? Seriously? xfaint

You take the risk and it doesn't work....why should that be ignored just because its idea was entertaining :?

Of course you should try but you have to be prepared that it might backfire and therefore face the consequences of it not working. You can't simply let the failed result pass just because they tried.

SuperGirl

And Sweden's gnomes had zero effect on its win here....it was only about the song :rolleyes: :lol:

Of course it had. My point is that you make it sound as it will be way better with only televoting. Actually I think this kind of probs will many more with the televoting and less tone down performance.s In other words I think It will be less varity in only televoting.

Top Bottom