ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

njdevils94

Veteran
I only liked Joseph June and Justė Kraujelytė xmusic

wtf :lt: ?:cautious:
I hope semi 2 is better
I liked those two a lot too but I thought there were plenty of good songs tonight. Paulina's light show was great. Gabrielius has one of his better ballads. Ruta Mur had the most complete staging of the night and Lukne despite not having any staging has a cute song. Alen Chicco lied to us saying he would have a throne on stage but instead he was just sitting in a fancy chair.

hunty73

I liked those two a lot too but I thought there were plenty of good songs tonight. Paulina's light show was great. Gabrielius has one of his better ballads. Ruta Mur had the most complete staging of the night and Lukne despite not having any staging has a cute song. Alen Chicco lied to us saying he would have a throne on stage but instead he was just sitting in a fancy chair.
What i thought was a lovely ESC selection semi,but with nothing that would do well at ESC.Its always that fine line between a great show for us ESC fans and locals and the quality needed to fire the votes in on May 13th.Ruta is terrible for ESC,really low rent.

njdevils94

Veteran
What i thought was a lovely ESC selection semi,but with nothing that would do well at ESC.Its always that fine line between a great show for us ESC fans and locals and the quality needed to fire the votes in on May 13th.Ruta is terrible for ESC,really low rent.
Disagree, I think Rūta Mur. Justė Kraujelytė and Paulina could all have potential at ESC. Remember this isn't the finished product. Possibly Gabrielius too if he ups the staging and angles.

AKD would still be my prediction of who wins though without having heard there song yet. Monika Linkytė's snippet that I heard was average and won't be winning. Might get to the final though.

hunty73

Disagree, I think Rūta Mur. Justė Kraujelytė and Paulina could all have potential at ESC. Remember this isn't the finished product. Possibly Gabrielius too if he ups the staging and angles.

AKD would still be my prediction of who wins though without having heard there song yet. Monika Linkytė's snippet that I heard was average and won't be winning. Might get to the final though.
Ruta wouldnt qualify,zero from ESC juries,very little televotes.Paulina likely just enough.I like the Lith selection,decent across the board,but nothing that goes above the needed levels to do well.Juste would be bottom 10 if she qualified.

njdevils94

Veteran
Ruta wouldnt qualify,zero from ESC juries,very little televotes.Paulina likely just enough.I like the Lith selection,decent across the board,but nothing that goes above the needed levels to do well.Juste would be bottom 10 if she qualified.
Lithuania has plenty of diaspora power with only tele-votes. I think the 4 I listed would all be strong enough to make the top 10 of a semifinal. Petunija will be interesting to see next week but she's going to have to be excellent with potentailly competing with the likes of :ee: Alika and/or :no: Ulrikke in this style of song.

MS.

I'm not thrilled by these songs honestly.
Last year's selection was 10 times better. Don't you agree?

AlcOtraz

I'm not thrilled by these songs honestly.
Last year's selection was 10 times better. Don't you agree?
Yes. No. Not thrilled either, but last year was kinda poor too generally speaking.
I think Rūta MUR stood out yesterday and fully deserved to win both jury and televote. Fine staging, ok song with some Jimmy Sommerville's "Smalltown boy" or Erasure vibes. On other hand it was really dissapointing to see some big names coming with quite average songs. Aistė surely could do better, Gabrielius had some decent songs last year, but for ESC he chose some totally forgettable one and will have hard time to win it. Overall I guess this is some bad trend from our more known participants for a long time already - choosing a song for ESC. Well, next week we'll few more well known names, so let's wait and see if they won't fail the same way. After yesterday, at least Petunija still has a really good chance

Miss Antartica

Ruta remeber my young, this music sound very 80's but i see an another drag queen in Lituania this year Alen Chicco.

mauve

Veteran
My favorite was Gabrielus (I like it a lot), but I think his ballad unfortunately will be quite forgettable at ESC. Maybe in this sense Rūta will be a better choice, I think. But we have to wait and see what kind of songs the semis will have in May.

Top Bottom