5 2.4%

4 1.9%

14 6.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Lithuania-scaled.jpg

Granger699

So the singer is 40. Doesn't have wedding ring on his finger, lives with his cat. Either he is divorced or... or just likes to be bachelor without commitment. I think it's OR... Option.
He has a gf for more than 10 years. And his cat just died. Atleast give some F's in the chat for the cat.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
While it's at the top of my ranking, I don't think I tried explain why.
First thing first, I don't care neither about the higher-fire-desire rhyme nor the staging (which I still don't know how to feel about), it has no influence on wether I like the song or not.
Now, I can say I absolutely love his voice and what he does with it, it's the main reason why I rate this song this high. The beat isn't agressive, perfect for chilling out while moving our body along now and then.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I'll give him plus that he is a cat person. Other, than that the song, the performance and everything related to Lithuania 2020 is nooooo, I'm embarrassed even watching him. He doesn't have shame does he.

• Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

Mimmon

Veteran
My good friend of mine intreviewed The Roop and wanted to share her work...

February 21st 2020, at 3 pm EEST, leader of “The Roop” Vaidotas Valiukevičius was invited to LRT radio station to talk about his life experiences and music. He paticipated in dancing competition, has experience as a producer and call himself “Human orchestra”.

Vaidotas started interview telling that he’s absolutely himself on stage. He mentioned that he likes people who are different and real. If you want to put on three layers of lashes – do it! But don‘t go against yourself, don‘t act like someone you‘re not. Vaidotas gave an advice for young artists – remember, that one way or another, everyone have a place under the sun. This thought can push you forward.

Vaidotas came to pop music world when he was 19 years old. At this time he didn’t know what he wanted to do, he was in several groups – “my path was not straight” he says. Sometimes he was really helpful and sometimes he felt hopeless. Vaidotas said that he found hope in meditating, yoga, “smart” books and simply trying to relax.

“Don’t plan future, because there’s no future” Vaidotas says. Singer mentioned that you can’t stay in the past, because it drags you down, but you also don’t have to plan future – no one knows what can happen. He says that he acts how he feels now.

Human, who has privacy is way more interesting. Vaidotas explained that it is not bad to show a little bit of your personal life, but it doesn’t have to come in a first place. Also, artist has to have a little bit of an ego, which helps him move forward. Without it, he can loose motivation and think that everything is already created. “Ego is self care”, through it you can inspire others and change world. Sometimes you have to show an example. But there’s a lot of people, who say that, for example, they care about global pollution, but don’t recycle waste at home.

Coming to their song, crashing music platforms, “On fire”, Vaidotas says that this song is not only about age discrimination, but also about passion to live. Youth cult is famous not only in Lithuania, but in whole Europe. 30 year olds believe that their career is over and they start living like retirees. But elders are also really energetic and active.

Talking about passion to live, he says that people always want to live. Even if they have dark days, they still want to survive until better ones. If people don’t want to live, that’s a depression.

After winning some people said that Vaidotas seemed emotionless. He said he was happy, but his only thought was “I want to go to sleep”. Lithuanians are often calm, but when you set them in motion, they become a huge force. They can cooperate and achieve something they really want.

Vaidotas emphasized that Lithuania is a piece of world, but what looks fun on Lithuanian state won’t look the same in Eurovision. So now he is thinking how to make his performance in Eurovision even more memorable.

“There were some days when I didn’t let myself be glad, because I thought I was not worthy. But this time I just thought “thank you all””.

Mrm

Veteran
mmmmmm what a delicious trollcake.... xlove xheart

Alaska49

one of my favourite things in this board is literally any hint of other users putting other users on ignore #noseybitch

ClaudiuP

This is growing on me, the song is a little bit too weird for my personal taste, but it's not that bad actually.

Top Bottom