19 7.8%

15 6.1%

16 6.6%

20 8.2%

42 17.2%

• Total voters

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This and Malta going through were like :shock: moments. This song was for some time quite the guilty pleasure of mine. Donny sings great and I loved the disco vibe to it even though the whole thing is soo sooooo incredibly outdated.

I don't get this going through especially over Slovenia. I can't see the public voting for it and I can't see the jury going crazy for it either especially when this semi was filled with soo much typical jury fodder. How this got through is quite baffling.

handeyener

He sings really good (although i began to dislike the song as the festival was coming close), i guess juries saved it and put him on the final instead of Croatia, Portugal and Bulgaria.

Mozz

This and Malta going through were like :shock: moments. This song was for some time quite the guilty pleasure of mine. Donny sings great and I loved the disco vibe to it even though the whole thing is soo sooooo incredibly outdated.

I don't get this going through especially over Slovenia. I can't see the public voting for it and I can't see the jury going crazy for it either especially when this semi was filled with soo much typical jury fodder. How this got through is quite baffling.

I don't get the upset about Slovenia either. During the rehearsals I already felt that it was way too classical, too baroque, too oldish for the crowds.

But then, Lithuania belongs in the same basket of unwanted eggs.

For me it's still hard to grasp, what juries and televoters favor and what not. Sometimes the voting process seems so random.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I don't get the upset about Slovenia either. During the rehearsals I already felt that it was way too classical, too baroque, too oldish for the crowds.

But then, Lithuania belongs in the same basket of unwanted eggs.

For me it's still hard to grasp, what juries and televoters favor and what not. Sometimes the voting process seems so random.

Slovenia felt like a typical Eurovision winner to me (probably as it's by the writer of Moltiva) but then alot has changed in the past five years. It's obviously not what people want anymore as you say, too oldish. I had it down as one of the sure qualifiers from this semi though. Pretty young girl singing a mystical, powerful ballad. Usually a good recipe.

Jury does seem quite random. How they favoured Lithuania last year was strange as well. Theres stuff that is timeless *cough cough Suus cough cough Et Sil Fallait Le Faire* then theres old fashioned bland disney ballads that the juries seem to go crazy for. Then theres Jedward scoring higher with the juries than they did with public.. It's just.... weird:?

Miguel

Huge slap in the face, haters! :D

Underrated Lithuania 2012 is in the final. Donny is in and he deserves it 100%. This is a classy disco pop song. I reckon he was very lucky with that draw. Another favourite in the final. Yeah! :D

aletem

Am I the only one who is not surprised that Lithuania qualified and the only one who likes the song? :lol: Maybe I'm weird. :lol: I thought it was great. The same thing I'm going to mention as when you chose this song in the NF. It had a unique artistry to it, simple, yet noticeable. Because of the draw, I don't expect this to go high, but I'm happy for Lietuva! :mrgreen:

alca

^ I'm not surprised either. I predicted this would go through. And I like the song too! It grew on me a lot when the rehearsals started.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I really can't understand what spell he used to qualify. It was one big mess on stage, in one moment it seems that it is a ballad, but few second later it's uptempo. His moves on stage did not follow the rhythm of the song. For me this was the weakest performance of the night

hm... don't know

xgood

Lav is blaind, ees druuuuuu, am on ma nis for yuuuuuu.... So annoying!

94ayd

In the last 5 seconds of voting I decided to send an SMS :lt:'s way, too! :) The performance was one of the best and I've always liked the song for it morphing from the sweet love ballad to a disco number. :lol:

adreN

It's still better than a fantastic song called "LA LA LA LA" with performer- an awful looking girl. Sorry ees druuuuu :)

musicfan

Surely this was one of the best vocal performances of the night (this one and Estonia particularly stood out to me). I guess most people won't recognise that, oh well that's life I guess. Some people will see through more superficial things like the blindfold to the very good things in this groovy disco number, others will just prefer the razzamatazz of the Swedish one (even though I think it is among the worst dance songs this year).

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Lithuania was definitely one of the surprises of the second semi, really didn't see it going through. I guess the draw really helped it :p Anyone else reminded of George Michael when they hear this song, or is it just me? :oops: Anyway, the draw will work against Lithuania this year I reckon so they'll probably end up;

Prediction: 20th-26th

Fluke

Hard to believe this thread has less replies than any other entry this year! It was one of my favorites from the very beginning, let see if i was right.... :D

Top Bottom