19 7.8%

19 7.8%

15 6.1%

16 6.6%

20 8.2%

42 17.2%

• Total voters

AlbertTv

I love this song :) It's one of the best songs, I don't understand there's so few people talking about it

Miguel

First rehearsal in Baku:

Fascinating. :cool: Go Donny!!!

aletem

I thought the performance was pretty good. I like it! The background was pretty good and everything else looked good!

Miguel

Eurovision said:
Blind and blue for Lithuania

Today, Donny Montell rehearsed for the second time in the Baku Crystal Hall. With the blindfold covering his eyes, the singer showed the blindness of love visually.

Before Donny’s second rehearsal, the singer talked to Eurovision.tv. He told us how he prepares for the singing on stage: “I do some breathing exercises.” We asked the artist if he can see the audience through the blindfold. He smiled: “I’d rather say no.”

Donny entered the stage in the black suit and white shirt. His performance is a mix of ballad and up-tempo. During the slow part of the song, the singer’s eyes were covered by the black blindfold decorated with some crystal stones. In the beginning of the up-tempo part, Donny took the blindfold off and made a somersault.

The main colour on the stage was blue, with the dancing female silhouettes on the LEDs. Donny sang alone on stage and delivered a very powerful performance.

In the press conference, Donny Montell sang the multilingual version of Love Is Blind.

The artist shared his experience about his victory in the show Dancing With The Star. The press conference host asked Donny who was the star in that show and Donny replied: "I was the star!"

One journalist asked Donny about his favourite song. "My favourite sond is Love Is Blind. I also like the song Love of the Lithuanian representative in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest, Sasha Song."

The singer was asked about the meaning of the crystals on his blindfold. "Eyes are very important in the performance. If they are covered, something has to sparkle. Crystals are the mirror of my thoughts."

Knubelznarm

GUUUUUUURL I just felt from the first time i heard this song, that it would make an impression. Glad to see it qualify. Donny deserved it xup

Sabrewulf238

I don't get this song at all. I can only imagine it was performing last that got him through (and maybe his handstand)....because I don't see the appeal of this song. It sounds like it doesn't know if it wants to be a ballad or an uptempo song. :S

Good luck anyway to Lithuania though.

Scooby

I really can't understand what spell he used to qualify. It was one big mess on stage, in one moment it seems that it is a ballad, but few second later it's uptempo. His moves on stage did not follow the rhythm of the song. For me this was the weakest performance of the night

hm... don't know

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I predicted that Lithuania would qualify so no surprise here. My partner liked that song instantly, I mean it does have a "I will survive" feel to it, I give it that.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm not sure what to think.. was this a deja vu from juries helping Lithuania past year or was it the public's will? I think the starting number helped alot.

I mean the song itself is actually not that bad, it's just... well sort of dated and sounds like something we would have got in ESC 2002 or something.

The guy himself is obviously a good performer/live vocalist and he is really one of the best looking ones in this year's contest (guys + females combined)..

I'm not sure how I feel about this qualification, it surprised me though I must say.

Congrats I guess.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
At least this thread will hit the 300 post mark by Saturday. Lithuania is the least discussed country every year :(

A-lister

Veteran
At least this thread will hit the 300 post mark by Saturday. Lithuania is the least discussed country every year :(

They should start sending more interesting entries I guess :)

In the past national selections they had some gems, but ended up choosing something unexciting.

LakZaNokte

They should start sending more interesting entries I guess :)

In the past national selections they had some gems, but ended up choosing something unexciting.
it's not just entries, there aren't many people from Lithuania here. look at all big threads and ppl who mostly discuss on those threads ;)
true, if the song is interesting, every1 will comment, regardless of people from that country (look at San Marino this year :lol:), but if the song is "neither here nor there", only ppl from that country can make it big and pump it up.

Mozz

I predicted that Lithuania would qualify so no surprise here. My partner liked that song instantly, I mean it does have a "I will survive" feel to it, I give it that.

ValLith1.png

ValLith2.png

Top Bottom