Contact us

List of 2020 artists that will return for 2021

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to compile a list of every 2020 artist that will be featured in the upcoming 2021 contest (which I assume will be held in Rotterdam).

Returning artists, confirmed by the broadcaster:
:au: - Montaigne
:at: - Vincent Bueno
:az: - Efendi
:be: - Hooverphonic
:bg: - Victoria
:cz: - Benny Cristo
:ge: - Tornike Kipiani
:gr: - Stefania
:il: - Eden Alene
:lv: - Samanta Tina
:mt: - Destiny
:nl: - Jeangu Macrooy
:ro: - Roxen
:sm: - Senhit
:sl: - Ana Soklic
:es: - Blas Cantó
:ch: - Gjon's Tears
:ua: - Go_A

The following countries and/or artists have implied they will send the same act (no official confirmation from the broadcaster)
:hr: - Damir wrote on his instagram he'll be back for 2021
:ie: - Leslie Roy confirmed herself twice on a Facebook livestream after Europe: Shine A Light.
:pl: - OGAE Poland reports that TVP will send Alicja again.
:rs: - Insider reports state that Hurricane have been selected, but RTS won't announce until they have figured out the selection format.

The following countries will hold an NF, possibly to decide their participant and/or song.
:al: - FiK will be held at the end of december 2020. Arilena's involvement currently unclear.
:dk: - Dansk Melodigranprix, no guarantees or free passes for Ben or Tan.
:ee: - Eesti Laul confirmed, Uku autoqualified as a semifinalist.
:fi: - YLE will organise an UMK in 2021 - Aksel to join the line-up.
:lt: - Pabandom is naujo is back, The Roop are back, with a direct pass for the finale.
:no: - MGP is back, Ulrikke is not.
:se: - Sweden confirmed they'll use Melodifestivalen 2021 as the selection format. Not a word about the Mamas.

Likely to send a different act (no official statements have been yet made)
:by: - May hold Eurofest?
:is: - Daði & Gagnamagnið stated they would return via invite only, not via Söngvakeppnin. It is unclear what RUV will do rn.
:md: - Kirkorov really doesn't care which SovBot sings his songs, as long as it gets the job done.
:uk: - thanked James for "the work he's done"

Confirmed as not returning: (for now anyway)
:dk: - Ben & Tan
:it: - Diodato
:no: Ulrikke
:pt: Elisa
:se: The Mama's

Countries that could select the same artist for 2021 (No official statements have been yet made)
:am: / :cy: / :de: /:mk:

Secretive Pieces of Shit
:ru:

Please select a different artist section
:fr:

If you have any information about your country, feel free to share it here. Please also provide a source so the team and I can double check the validity of your claim.

Last edited:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
After the voting scandal in MGP, :no: should do MGP again next year. Ulrikke should probably get an invitation tho, but NRK might have gotten really lucky here...

She did say in an interview on the news yesterday that it'd be historical if she won in Rotterdam in 2021 instead, so she definitely wants to.

I'll riot if Little Big doesn't represent :ru: next year tho.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
After the voting scandal in MGP, :no: should do MGP again next year. Ulrikke should probably get an invitation tho, but NRK might have gotten really lucky here...

She did say in an interview on the news yesterday that it'd be historical if she won in Rotterdam in 2021 instead, so she definitely wants to.

I'll riot if Little Big doesn't represent :ru: next year tho.

Oooooh yeah. I REAAAAALLY want Little Big next year

Puma11

Don't tell me that Eden won't be there next year. 😓😓

But as much as I feel sorry for all these participants and think that it's not really fair, I want new songs and national (semi)final. xcookie

Loindici

Veteran
We hope with every prayers that we send, Samanta Tina will thrive to compete for 2021 xdance2xdance2xdance2xdance2

KAN will organize HaKokhav Haba again, meaning Eden is out for now.

Didn't kan want to organize a Kdam? But anyways - naaah. just another HaShir Haba, please. Israel sucks at doing a classic national final.

Secretive Pieces of Shit
:ru:

xheartxheartxheartxheartxheart

Loindici

Veteran
I have strong feelings that Vasil and Ana Soklic will come back.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I have strong feelings that Vasil and Ana Soklic will come back.

Vasil yes, because he was one of the internally selected singers, but will Slovenia cancel EMA for one year to let Ana Soklic be selected internally?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
If your national final is so star-spangled significant that it can't be cancelled, why not have it anyway and have it be for bragging rights(/cash if that probably wouldn't fly)? Is there some intersection in the Venn Diagram of "meaningful enough for the country that it can't be cancelled" and "meaningless enough for the country that winning it isn't important in its own right?"

if melfest is bigger than eurovision then SVT should be fine with, you know, holding melfest in 2021 and not having the winner go to eurovision because the mamas have to go. you know RAI can keep diodato and sanremo will truck on without a care, and probably FiK could do it too, so why not melfest if it's so important? same for every NF that deems itself too important to not be held.

Damn, beat me to it :p

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Vasil yes, because he was one of the internally selected singers, but will Slovenia cancel EMA for one year to let Ana Soklic be selected internally?

They've done it once with Hannah Mancini (although with such an unsatisfactory result) :

Hannah-mancini-eurovision-reeharsal.jpg

Ever SLO runs out of budget for 2021 they could select Ana internally and hope she will bring an orchestral masterpiece and not end up last in the semi-final.

Neo

LastDreamer

Banned
Honestly I don't see a big difference between the contest with 2020 songs and the contest with new songs, performed by mostly the same acts from 2020 line-up.

I dislike both ideas.

Top Bottom