Contact us

List of 2020 artists that will return for 2021

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to compile a list of every 2020 artist that will be featured in the upcoming 2021 contest (which I assume will be held in Rotterdam).

Returning artists, confirmed by the broadcaster:
:au: - Montaigne
:at: - Vincent Bueno
:az: - Efendi
:be: - Hooverphonic
:bg: - Victoria
:cz: - Benny Cristo
:ge: - Tornike Kipiani
:gr: - Stefania
:il: - Eden Alene
:lv: - Samanta Tina
:mt: - Destiny
:nl: - Jeangu Macrooy
:ro: - Roxen
:sm: - Senhit
:sl: - Ana Soklic
:es: - Blas Cantó
:ch: - Gjon's Tears
:ua: - Go_A

The following countries and/or artists have implied they will send the same act (no official confirmation from the broadcaster)
:hr: - Damir wrote on his instagram he'll be back for 2021
:ie: - Leslie Roy confirmed herself twice on a Facebook livestream after Europe: Shine A Light.
:pl: - OGAE Poland reports that TVP will send Alicja again.
:rs: - Insider reports state that Hurricane have been selected, but RTS won't announce until they have figured out the selection format.

The following countries will hold an NF, possibly to decide their participant and/or song.
:al: - FiK will be held at the end of december 2020. Arilena's involvement currently unclear.
:dk: - Dansk Melodigranprix, no guarantees or free passes for Ben or Tan.
:ee: - Eesti Laul confirmed, Uku autoqualified as a semifinalist.
:fi: - YLE will organise an UMK in 2021 - Aksel to join the line-up.
:lt: - Pabandom is naujo is back, The Roop are back, with a direct pass for the finale.
:no: - MGP is back, Ulrikke is not.
:se: - Sweden confirmed they'll use Melodifestivalen 2021 as the selection format. Not a word about the Mamas.

Likely to send a different act (no official statements have been yet made)
:by: - May hold Eurofest?
:is: - Daði & Gagnamagnið stated they would return via invite only, not via Söngvakeppnin. It is unclear what RUV will do rn.
:md: - Kirkorov really doesn't care which SovBot sings his songs, as long as it gets the job done.
:uk: - thanked James for "the work he's done"

Confirmed as not returning: (for now anyway)
:dk: - Ben & Tan
:it: - Diodato
:no: Ulrikke
:pt: Elisa
:se: The Mama's

Countries that could select the same artist for 2021 (No official statements have been yet made)
:am: / :cy: / :de: /:mk:

Secretive Pieces of Shit
:ru:

Please select a different artist section
:fr:

If you have any information about your country, feel free to share it here. Please also provide a source so the team and I can double check the validity of your claim.

Last edited:

Daybreak

Uku is a prequalified Eesti Laul semi-finalist, with a new song.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
yup, pretty much. Means that EER won't send him directly, he'll have to win Eesti Laul 2021 first.

Same for the Mamas (and I'd imagine, any act that won a prestigious NF in 2020)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I'm willing to flush down a lot of the respect I have for broadcasters who replace their artists for 2021.

Sammy

Veteran
Hi everyone.

I'm trying to compile a list of every 2020 artist that will be featured in the upcoming 2021 contest (which I assume will be held in Rotterdam).

The following countries have confirmed that they'll send the same act:
:gr: / :nl: / :es: / :ua:

The following countries have implied they will send the same act (no official confirmation yet)
:hr: / :mt: / :rs:

Artists of the following countries have said or implied they would do 2021 if asked by the broadcaster:
:be: / :bg: /:ie: / :lv:

The following countries have confirmed they will not send the same act:
:ee: / :se:

Likely to send a different act (no confirmation yet)
:al: / :dk: / :it: / :no: / :pt:

If you have any information about your country, feel free to share it here. Please also provide a source so the team and I can double check the validity of your claim.
May we add the section: The following countries are kindly asked to send a different act? :lol:

LastDreamer

Banned
Let's forget about these songs and acts, we can have a much better line-up in 2021.

Just imagine how much beautiful songs we will get from new national pre-selections in 2021.xcheer

Alaska49

shut up incel

every broadcaster who changes their artist is dead to me lol

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
huge shame to Estonia and Sweden if they are indeed going on with plans to pick a different artist for next year, and any other country that does the same. So disrespectful.

Citelis

Let's forget about these songs and acts, we can have a much better line-up in 2021.

Just imagine how much beautiful songs we will get from new national pre-selections in 2021.xcheer
Most of broadcasters will send the same artists again so since you don't like them you are rather unlucky!

LastDreamer

Banned

LastDreamer

Banned
Most of broadcasters will send the same artists again so since you don't like them you are rather unlucky!
The worst thing is a sacrificing of national pre-selections.
Everybody from us could get a big number of new songs from 2021 pre-selections, which we could like, but with this stupid decision we will not. :mad:

LastDreamer

Banned
Some of the famous national finals (like Melfest) cannot get cancelled is my guess.
Good decision for :se: xheart
At least I wish to see new Atranka, Supernova, Eesti Laul, :by: pre-selection.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
The worst thing is a sacrificing of national pre-selections.
Everybody from us could get a big number of new songs from 2021 pre-selections, which we could like, but with this stupid decision we will not. :mad:
Yes, the well-being of millions of people isn't nearly as important as your selfish, myopic fantasies about pre-show spec.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Some of the famous national finals (like Melfest) cannot get cancelled is my guess.
Some national finals are actual legit singing competitions. They will not be cancelled at all.

check the masterpost for those, because the affected countries will almost certainly select a new entrant.

Alaska49

i am willing to sacrifice my own entertainment for justice, fairness and ethics. those selected artists deserve it. even, like, ben & tan.

Kitakaze

You’d think the vast majority of delegations would have the decency to invite their artists and producers back but I guess we’ll have to see. I genuinely feel for those that aren’t, especially the ones considered main contenders. If Daði, Victoria, Djon, Destiny or The Roop don’t return...

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
you know you're not gonna die if you spend a year without national selections. can't really say the same about all the work and dreams the contestants, producers, composers and everyone involved in the show have had until now.

unless, for some reason, the artist itself decides to drop out of the competition, I'll be against changing them and I'll bash and boycott every broadcaster that does it.

Top Bottom