Contact us

LIECHTENSTEIN 2012 - not taking part

Sabiondo

The rules at Eurovision Song contest had been changed. If a channel is in the process of becoming an EBU member, they can already apply for Eurovision even if they’re not a full member yet. The deadline to send in the needed application papers was the beginning of december. Due to this new rule Liechtenstein may have apply for Eurovision and in case their application to become an EBU member is accepted already, could participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 as well :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The rules at Eurovision Song contest had been changed. If a channel is in the process of becoming an EBU member, they can already apply for Eurovision even if they’re not a full member yet. The deadline to send in the needed application papers was the beginning of december. Due to this new rule Liechtenstein may have apply for Eurovision and in case their application to become an EBU member is accepted already, could participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 as well :)

Where did you hear that? Do you have the source?

A-lister

Veteran
Oh boy... Here comes Qatar, Kazachstan, ...

If Qatar enters I will seriously consider stop watching it, then it will have become a political cash farse and nothing else.

Kazakhstan have a larger part in geographical Europe than Turkey has and is culturally European (eastern orthodox/Russian culture) so I don't see any problem with them?

Charly

They would never accept Qatar they aren't even the Broadcasting Zone Area.

3.png

A-lister

Veteran
If Qatar particapates, they would buy ESC and win every year :lol: Big NO!

Well, wouldn't be much different from how it has worked a couple of times already ... will say no more than that xsleep

Anyways big fat NO to Qatar...!

GRE

Well, wouldn't be much different from how it has worked a couple of times already ... will say no more than that xsleep

Anyways big fat NO to Qatar...!
Will you say the same if Sweden wins this year or one of the up coming years? (if eurovision exisits)
Ok Lets be honest,countries that win last years,have enough money to organize esc (Russia,Norway,Germany,Azerbaijan),so it is expected in 2012 for Denmark/Sweden or France to win.

evilperson

Yeah, if they become an EBU member in the meantime, otherwise they are staying home.

Sim

This rule has been applied when Svante retired.

Weird, never heard of it before:p
And don't know if this is such a good rule.
Does the EBU want to expand to 50 countries of more?
Then we will have 3 semis or what?
A whole week of eurovision:D

AlekS

Veteran
Weird, never heard of it before:p
And don't know if this is such a good rule.
Does the EBU want to expand to 50 countries of more?
Then we will have 3 semis or what?
A whole week of eurovision:D
Haven't you heard of 46 countries limit too? ))))

AlekS

Veteran
^ They had such limit for years.
I have no idea. With all this constant ESC drama I doubt it's gonna happen )))

GRE

But the question is:which countries that are not still members of ebu,have apllied?

A-lister

Veteran
Will you say the same if Sweden wins this year or one of the up coming years? (if eurovision exisits)
Ok Lets be honest,countries that win last years,have enough money to organize esc (Russia,Norway,Germany,Azerbaijan),so it is expected in 2012 for Denmark/Sweden or France to win.

I'm not saying it's been bought in every case mentioned above, but yeah I don't believe ESC is free from corruption... the whole contest just SCREAMS $$$ and politics to me.

Unfortunate offcourse, but it's naive to think ESC is free from all of that.

Loukas

I don't see the point in bashing Qatar since it's actually possible for them to take part in the near future. As for Kazakhstan, their 12 points would go either to Russia, Turkey or Azerbaijan each year and yet people are going to complain, like they do about Greece-Cyprus.

Top Bottom