Contact us

LEBANON 2012 - not taking part

DanielLuis

Re: LEBANON 2012

Lebanon would have qualified to the final but I dont know witch place they would get there

Israeliboy

As long as they have laws like "Not taking part when x country is there", they are not welcome to take part, it's a shame in such a modern contest!

Scooby

As long as they have laws like "Not taking part when x country is there", they are not welcome to take part, it's a shame in such a modern contest!

xgood

Sahistul

I think it's a chance for Lebanon to debut, if the sad news from Israel are confirmed..

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Since the EBU accepted them once before I would be happy to see Lebanon in ESC, on one condition. It's a bloody singing competition, if you can't stand a country in it and can't deal with that for just 3 hours a year then you're not welcome to enter in my eyes.

GRE

What about Eric Saade for Lebanon?:lol:

MyHeartIsYours

I dont want any participant who imo isnt part of Europe or one that doesnt recognise and will withdraw because of one of our usual Eurovision countries. Also, as mentioned in another thread, I wouldnt want them to participate because if they won then human rights would be an issue.

Israeliboy

I dont want any participant who imo isnt part of Europe or one that doesnt recognise and will withdraw because of one of our usual Eurovision countries. Also, as mentioned in another thread, I wouldnt want them to participate because if they won then human rights would be an issue.

Agree!

Nathaniel

It's such a shame they still hang on to those stupid laws and would even ban the Israeli entry on tv!

It would be so clever just to participate and make a non-political statement for once. It would finally get them some good PR with a nice French ballad or some habibi-song by Haifa Wehbe :cool:.

You bet they would get lots of 12 points from all over Europe, but all of this will sadly never happen...

goktengri

Banned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4362373.stm

Maybe this helps. I can't find the text either, probably it's written in Arabic or so.

Maybe it's because of government's policy or something like that ? I just look for a anti-Israeli law. I've searched in Lebanese constitution ( in English ) but I couldn't find anything. It's really not ethic to blame Lebanon because of wrong information.

seb89

Maybe that law doesn't exist, but perhaps Lebanon used it as an excuse?

Top Bottom